How about TN identifying multi-name users and restricting name changes?

bakergeol

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2004
Colorado
Detector(s) used
GS5 X-5 GMT

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
One ID per user/member? Fine by me, too. I've only changed mine once, about a year ago, and don't plan to do so again. Some of the posts on here remind me of a certain well-known author who used to write forewords to his own books under another name, praising himself as a genius. Later, when the books were in print, he wrote glowing reviews of them under pseudonyms, too.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PBK was your other user name PB&J, im sorry ..im hanging my head in shame ....i couldnt resist feel free hit the little red thing wo is me

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
dekalb33 said:
PBK was your other user name PB&J, im sorry ..im hanging my head in shame ....i couldnt resist feel free hit the little red thing wo is me

No... but it's as good as PBK, and definitely better than BLT. But then, even a hero ain't nothin' but a sandwich.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One name is fine with me. I was a member here long ago when they didn't have password, just keys. Then I couldn't log back on with my old name and had to take a new one and start the posts over.

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
im not a big fan of restricting stuff. i hate seatbelt laws and smoking bans and stuff that takes away what i have now. i dont use more than one name myself ( dont really see the point ::)), but if someone wants to have multiple names, i dont really have a problem with it, unless they use that name to cause trouble, bully, or instigate others. i just hate it when stuff gets taken away. one morning you wake up and realise you dont have anything left!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hollowpointred said:
im not a big fan of restricting stuff. i hate seatbelt laws and smoking bans and stuff that takes away what i have now. i dont use more than one name myself ( dont really see the point ::)), but if someone wants to have multiple names, i dont really have a problem with it, unless they use that name to cause trouble, bully, or instigate others. i just hate it when stuff gets taken away. one morning you wake up and realise you dont have anything left!

I agree.
If someone causes trouble, they are dealt with.
Dosn't matter what name they use, It's the Content of the post that matters.

W

whatsup

Right on Shermanville
Life is just too restrictive these days for still more limitations on our freedoms.
TN is the most open treasure hunting forum on the internet. We don't need
libertarians like this bakergeol dude to mess this up for us.

Get a life bakergeol- get on board with Shermanville
Whatsup

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Whatsup,
do speak for yourself, not me.

Notice Whatsup has one post.

Wonder who Whatsup could be.
Registered as a member at 1800 posted at 1813.

Sounds like another one who needs to
use two I.D. on the board. Trying to hide
behind another I.D. How sorry that person
must be.

But he is
trying to stir up a bit of trouble.
Whatsup should be checked out.
Be interesting knowing who it is.

have a good un.........

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
PRUNES

Capt Z.

Or

Whatsup?

Attachments

• prunes.jpg
    prunes.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 328
  • prunes.jpg
    prunes.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 327
OP
OP
B

bakergeol

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2004
Colorado
Detector(s) used
GS5 X-5 GMT
Whatsup is me
I agree with your quotes Shermanville "How sorry that person must be" "to hide behind another ID"
My point exactly. Assuming another alias was easy and it just takes a little time with enough posts to appear
to be just another poster. One can promote products and viewpoints with different alias. I could just as well
have congratulated myself on my post instead on condemning myself.

have a good un......
George

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Talking with a friend,the other day, who is a proctologist,
and he summed it up real nice

Just too many in the world.

HEMORRHOIDS

Attachments

• prunes.jpg
    prunes.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 318
  • prunes.jpg
    prunes.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 320

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
whatsup said:
Right on Shermanville
Life is just too restrictive these days for still more limitations on our freedoms.
TN is the most open treasure hunting forum on the internet. We don't need
libertarians like this bakergeol dude to mess this up for us.

Get a life bakergeol- get on board with Shermanville
Whatsup

Hey Whatsup. If you knew what a Libertarian was, I think you wouldn't say that. For your info: A Libertarian believes in a small non-restrictive government. More personal responsibility, and less Democratic big government. And there's the little known offshoot to the Libertarian Party called the Lesbertarians! ;D Think about it. You're gonna get this later and laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaugh!

Mike

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mods and admins can easily trace who is who on the board...PBK you the man... ;D

L

Little Bird

Ok, i give up! I surrender! I confess all, Do you take prisoners? Any war criminals out there? The Story of the Creation of Free2Dtect is now started over on the blog on the other site. Four chapters so far have been written (chapter 1 entitled Making Friends, chapter 2 The come Back, Chapter 3 Free emerges, chapter 4 Free Gets Bold) Chapter 4 is about the swimsuit contest where the winner gets pictures of Free in swimsuit attair. Chapter 5 yet to be written is going to be Free is exposed. I said in the past i was going to write articles. So far the only one here i named in the story was Jeff of Pa. All nice stuff. I'm only writting the story cause it has been requested. You're all welcome to view it if you wish. If anyone wants to request being in the story, just send me a p.m.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fun2Tease said:
Ok, i give up! I surrender! I confess all, Do you take prisoners? Any war criminals out there? The Story of the Creation of Free2Dtect is now started over on the blog on the other site. Four chapters so far have been written (chapter 1 entitled Making Friends, chapter 2 The come Back, Chapter 3 Free emerges, chapter 4 Free Gets Bold) Chapter 4 is about the swimsuit contest where the winner gets pictures of Free in swimsuit attair. Chapter 5 yet to be written is going to be Free is exposed. I said in the past i was going to write articles. So far the only one here i named in the story was Jeff of Pa. All nice stuff. I'm only writting the story cause it has been requested. You're all welcome to view it if you wish. If anyone wants to request being in the story, just send me a p.m.

Pete
I'v been reading your Blog & find it intresting.

Naturally you Posted it the way you Know it,
But I got my first hint who you were from the Point you showed
alot of Intrest in the Gold Coin ;)

Your Doctored Bikini Picture Removed all Doubt :P

P.S.
Others were Telling me they didn't believe you were a woman from the moment you posted in the Mug Shots, but, at that point I was still
thinking you were.
altho "the Pete" Did Cross my mind Because of Timing with his (your) Banning.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread