spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not a problem, besides, I was enjoying the banter with Treasure_Hunter and Dano :laughing7: I just hope it was also somewhat informative. It seems that we are both fond respectfully fond of your states and I am sure you would enjoy either destination. You may also want to consider a two week holiday and spend a week in each to get a full flavor of each state's uniqueness. :icon_thumleft: That way there are no hard feeling when you appreciate New Jersey more :P

Then again, you may want to go back to my first post and read my disclaimer :laughing9:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
spartacus53 said:
Not a problem, besides, I was enjoying the banter with Treasure_Hunter and Dano :laughing7: I just hope it was also somewhat informative. It seems that we are both fond respectfully fond of your states and I am sure you would enjoy either destination. You may also want to consider a two week holiday and spend a week in each to get a full flavor of each state's uniqueness. :icon_thumleft: That way there are no hard feeling when you appreciate New Jersey more :P

Then again, you may want to go back to my first post and read my disclaimer :laughing9:

I suggest a couple days in NY/NJ beaches, then Virgina Beach Va, then last head south to Florida beaches.......What better way to enjoy water hunting then to hunt several different beaches in different locations.........Plus that way your saving the best beaches for last... :laughing7:

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
Juneau, Alaska is nice in July,close to the ocean and some nice uncrowded beaches, and a chance to maybe find some gold. Good fishing and boating.Nice scenery and lots of wildlife to photograph. Just my 2 cents. rockhound

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alaska would be a fine destination too. :icon_thumleft:

Then you can then drive 1865.40 miles (39.5 Hour drive) to hit Seattle, WA, which is just one of the 48 continuous states.

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
Just remember it's illegal in Alaska to feed the bears with your body parts!
(and carry a 7mm rifle!!)

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
If biscuits/gravy and grits are not on the menu,it's not worth going to.This should be your number one disqualifier.

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
I would also say NJ beaches. Also you are close enough to visit New York city, Philadelphia and Washington, DC within a days drive. You can get the most for your sightseeing in this area. The only problem is that the water is cold...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
warsawdaddy said:
If biscuits/gravy and grits are not on the menu,it's not worth going to.This should be your number one disqualifier.

Amen :icon_thumright:, just try to find a good bowl of white or even the more tasty yellow grits North of a Southern State......In fact I think I will have a bowl now..............Mmmmmmmmmm :laughing7:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure_Hunter said:
warsawdaddy said:

Amen :icon_thumright:, just try to find a good bowl of white or even the more tasty yellow grits North of a Southern State......In fact I think I will have a bowl now..............Mmmmmmmmmm :laughing7:

Changed my mind, fixed a nice bowl of yellow cheese grits...... ;D

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ooops... Instant grits? Time between posts 11 minutes :tongue3:

Plain grits take 2 minutes to prepare and about 40 minutes to cook. Instant grits are available but (quote) “no true Southerner would serve instant grits”. (Does anyone remember the movie “My Cousin Vinny”?) :laughing9:

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
spartacus53 said:
Ooops... Instant grits? Time between posts 11 minutes :tongue3:

Plain grits take 2 minutes to prepare and about 40 minutes to cook. Instant grits are available but (quote) “no true Southerner would serve instant grits”. (Does anyone remember the movie “My Cousin Vinny”?) :laughing9:
Great movie. And I will give NJ/NY the A+ in their great desserts they have in those Diners that I use to visit in the 50's.In the mid 50's,there was a great little bar also(can't remember the name)right under the GW bridge,NY side.Use to stop there before going on up Riverside Dr and onto the Merrit Pkwy and on up thru Ct.I loved NYC in those days.I was from KC,MO but born street-wise and got along/fit in with everyone.I was up in Maine when a boy from our old gang in KC graduated from the Merchant Marine Academy and was getting married to a girl he met who lived out on Long Island(Jew Town).I went down for the wedding and afterwards drove them to the airport and I went back to the reception which lasted for 3 days.What a time!

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
warsawdaddy; well if you're ever back up in this area again, I would not look for that diner and stay clear of that area even in the daytime. :laughing7: I bet it was a Greek diner too. My cousin owns 2, one is one of the most popular in NJ, the other is right up there in the middle of NYC If I had said the name most people in NJ have probably already eaten there. :icon_thumleft: One thing that hasn't changed in NY, every ethnicity still has a niche here.

Parts of NY are not like they once were when I lived there. I am very street smart and wise enough to steer clear of many of these areas, especially outside of Manhattan.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guess I should have said fixing, not fixed.....Not instant, Dixie Lily course ground quick yellow grits, not instant, not quite as good as old-fashioned grits, but almost and ready in 20 mins, I prefer mine a little coarse, and with cheddar cheese, not available at the time of My Cousin Vinny.....A fantastic movie I might add.....

Joe Pesci, Marisa Tomei, and Fred Gwynne are fantastic in the movie, it was also the great Fred Gwynne's last movie.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure_Hunter, I'll let that little slip of the tongue go.. But remember, I have my :icon_cyclops_ani: on you :laughing7:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
spartacus53 said:
Treasure_Hunter, I'll let that little slip of the tongue go.. But remember, I have my :icon_cyclops_ani: on you :laughing7:

Huge_smiley_with_tongue_out.gif

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
If you want grits in Alaska, I would recommend you taking your own with you. Almost everything else on the menu is available on the hoof, or in the stream.Happy hunting. rockhound

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread