Amazing Free-Flying Bald Eagle

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Greetings, I hope you will take the time to watch this one. It is awesome.

Music video featuring a special free-flying Bald Eagle named 'Challenger' (in honor of the lost space
shuttle crew) cared for by the non-profit American Eagle Foundation.

He's a human-socialized bird accidentally raised by the people who rescued him-after being blown from
a wild Louisiana nest in a storm as a baby in the late 1980s Declared 'non-releasable' by Federal and
State wildlife authorities, He was trained by the AEF to perform educational free-flight demonstrations
at high profile public events.

He's the first Bald Eagle in U. S. History that learned to free-fly into stadiums, arenas, and ballrooms
during the singing of the Star Spangled Banner. The celebrity eagle has appeared at numerous major
sporting events, like the World Series, Pro-bowl,All-Star game, BCS National Championship Fiesta
Bowl, Men's Final Four, etc.

Challenger has also flown before 4 U.S. Presidents!!!

His life story is told in a children's storybook titled 'Challenger, America's Favorite Eagle'.

Turn on your speakers and clicl on the link below.

OP
OP
Ray S S

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Thanks, dpitt8, for watching and for your comment. Ray

OP
OP
Ray S S

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Yes, that's right, tee. there are only certain areas in the country where these majestic birds can be seen. There are
none right in this locality where I live, but we do see them sometimes near the campground where we camp in
northern Michigan. A few years ago, while vacationing, we took a two hour train tour near Jerome, Arizona. We
rode along the edge of a deep and narrow canyon for a part of the time and could see eagles flying just below
us and saw a couple sitting on nests on the far side of the canyon. It was pretty neat to me to be able to see
them like that.
Thank for watching and your nice reply.
Ray

OP
OP
Ray S S

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Tee, that sounds like a pretty impressive display to watch. I hope I do get a chance to see it sometime.
Thanks for the tip.
ray

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions