HOW

M

MiniMe

Sounds like a great idea Joe. Glad you're hanging in there. My step mom had a unopened pack of cigarettes that she held on to for months. She would even sleep with the pack in her hand. Never opened them, but just having that pack around gave her security. It's been 20 days for me today. I have to admit it's not easy. I've found myself reaching for my cigarettes on many occasions. I take a lot of deep breaths, eat a lot of lollipops and look at my lil boy. He's the main reason I've done this. I want to be around to see him grow up. Keep going Joe...you can do it!!!

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used Chantix and I don't even care to have a smoke. I was smoking around 2 pks a day for many years and thought I'd never be able to quit. My last smoke was at 4:30am on Dec. 19, 2006. I've saved well over a few thousand bucks and I'm not tethered to cigarettes. :icon_thumleft:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've already tried quitting 3 times this year alone. :tongue3: Right now I am on my 3rd day smoke free day... The sad part is I'll probably crack and buy a pack tomorrow. My biggest problem is that I really love to smoke, especially the flavor of menthol tobacco

OP
OP
mtntrekr2

mtntrekr2

Jul 15, 2007
berks county, pa.
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II 1000, Xterra-70 x3, Garret ace 250,
when you go to get that pack tomorrow Spartacus get a pack of gum and a cup of coffee and you will still save $3-$4 and tomorrow night you will be able to say you lasted one more day.
hang in there
Joe

cdltpx

Jul 6, 2009
Galvez La 70769
Detector(s) used
ACE 250/2 coils BH 2 coils/ Garrett pinpointer.
In the last 3 months my mother in law has been placed in hospitol 3 times for smoking related issues she is now on oxygen. While she was in the hospitol her cousin Maggie was brought into the hospitol and was later released after she realized she had lung cancer and was put on a bunch of meds. She was planning a shoping trip to cook for her family when she passed away they had to bury her a couple days before Christmas. Today I got a call from Peter mother in laws brother he needs me to bring him to the dr he is having issue with his breathing the test they need to do on him requires he dont drive after and has other problems associated with his lifelong heavy drinknig. Seems they are racing to the grave and Maggie won. All of these are life long smokers have seen their parents expire of smoking related disease and seem to be addicted to the level that even when they are told point blank they are going to die very very soon if you don't quit smoking they keep on smoking.

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I smoke, when I get stressed, I smoke even more. I had tried quitting as well. What I did though is bought a can of Camel SNUS, (way cheaper than cigarettes BTW), it is tobacco in the pouch. You don't have to worry about loose tobacco in your teeth and gums!

They come in Wintergreen, and Peach Flavor. They say it is spitless, but you have to put it inside your upper lip. I put it in my lower lip and the nicotine gets into my system, (but I don't build up saliva to have to spit), and I don't have an urge to smoke a cigarette.

I generally use one while I am out riding my motorcycle. Using the pouches has be cut back from smoking cigarettes and also clear out my lungs somewhat, but I still smoke, just not when I use the pouches.

Most people smoke not just for the cigarettes, but out of a habit of holding something in their hand and doing something.

I am going to quit this year, don't know how long it will take me, but the pouches help me quite a bit.

Mike in Berks

Jun 17, 2007
Detector(s) used
4/DB Spectrum XLT DFX
mtntrekr2 said:
So far we have been able to stick with it. No smokes in over a month.
I got a call to return to work next week. I am going to do my best to stay with it then. I know it will be harder but I have to prevail.
Joe
Joe you say you went without for over a month now. 8 more weeks and your cravings
will be practically gone. WTG to you and your wife for making the right choice. You won't
regret it and you both will set a good example for the 2 young ones .... for sure 2- :thumbsup:

I have one tip for you both: When someone asks or you mention it ....... " Don't "
tell them you " quit " - that word plays with your mind. Tell them you " stopped "

dpitt8

May 2, 2008
wa
it will take time but you will form new habits to replace those like reaching for that non-existent pack in your pocket. I've been told tootsie pops are good (gives your something to work w/ that oral fixation). Thats what i've seen at least.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread