I felt so bad today

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Had my 6yr granddaughter and 9yr grandson for the entire day on account of school holiday . They came complete with full outdoor clothing and their little Styrofoam sleds .
Perfect day for sledding . Sunny , the temp went to mid 30's , and snow softened enough to make perfect sled tracks .
Took them to the pasture field and used the pickup to start them a 200yd track . They rode it the entire afternoon and had a ball !
Problem was that they couldn't control those flimsy plastic sleds well enough for me to give them a
3/4 mile downhill track through the fields .
Told them that if we had some steel runner sleds like I had that they could ride the whole farm .
Grandson asked me for both of them ,"Pappy , what's a steel runner sled ?"
I'm gonna correct that . I will find some 'Yankee Clipper' sleds to fix up for them to ride(fly)the fields
with .
They got a lot of sledding years ahead of them and deserve to know the best .

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You want a real sled, I suggest going with the good old "Flexible Flyer" that is 48" of wood, with steel runners that will last until you hit your first big tree :laughing7: The bonus is you can load it up with all your friends, just like stuffing the old phone booths :icon_thumleft:

M

MiniMe

spartacus53 said:
The bonus is you can load it up with all your friends, just like stuffing the old phone booths :icon_thumleft:

We would load 4 and 5 high on our sleds.... I'll never forget those days, so much fun ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread