Results of withdrawls

mtntrekr2

Jul 15, 2007
berks county, pa.
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II 1000, Xterra-70 x3, Garret ace 250,
Just a little update. both of us quit smoking Dec. 20. No cigarettes yet.
With the cold weather and frozen ground it has not helped, not being able to at least get out and hunt a little. Add in the holidays and the fact that I got laid off Dec.19.
Jan. 3 we started cutting firewood for next year. This pile did not exist 3 weeks ago.
The tire is a spare for the trailer I have. It is 12" high.
Picture 036.jpg
Picture 037.jpg
Picture 038.jpg
The snow is from last night. Hopefully tomorrow we can continue cutting. We are clearing a 3 acre patch of woods for the farm next to us.
HH
Joe

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well it seems you're off to a good start... Let me hand you some more good advise. Once you finish cutting the 3 acres, you can go back and start quartering that wood so it's ready to use. I'm pretty sure that will keep you busy through spring :icon_thumleft: ;D

OP
OP
mtntrekr2

mtntrekr2

Jul 15, 2007
berks county, pa.
Detector(s) used
The log splitter will take care of that job with ease.
Hard part is getting the wood. Around here it has been getting harder and harder to get firewood for free. With the cost of heating going higher each year everyone is looking for cheaper ways to keep warm and firewood is becoming a premiun heat.
Still Cutting
Joe

OP
OP
mtntrekr2

mtntrekr2

Jul 15, 2007
berks county, pa.
Detector(s) used
If you consider a $15.00 card for wallyworld a bonus. Yep I got one.
Now if you consider the time off a vacation I got that too.
I personally enjoy the little winter vacation and can only hope it lasts longer than the end of this month like they told us in the begining.
Joe

The longer I am off the more wood I will get cut.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Goodluck guys,i quit buying butts a couple of days ago. I'm not quite ready to kill somebody yet :laughing9:

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know if wood is cheaper to heat with or not. I chekd into it years ago and my home insurance would not cover me. I then found one and it was lke $400 more a year to insure me. That was for a inside wood burner. Now it you have one of those that is outside it is like $7000 to buy, now a truck to to get to the woods. $12000 because you are going to need a 4 X 4. A log splitter don't know how much that cost.Then a cain saw $150 and gas and chain oil for the chain saw plus your time of cutting the wood. I think I am ok with paying the gas bill.

But you sure have been busy cutting the wood. If I had to cut that much my back would be killing me. Hope you be geting back to work soon. Plus good luck on giving up the smokes I quit 28 years ago and the first 6 months is the toughest...Matt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions