crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
HAHAHAHA........... What an idiot :laughing9: :laughing7: She will feel like one too :help: Now I'm sure she will get another lawyer to sue the Mall or wherever this happened at. That the problem with this country (Oh, 1 of the problems) Frivolous law suits by scamming people like her

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
texastee2007 said:
not only all the above but she worked at the mall....did she not ever see the fountain before? I wonder if she has reproduced? :laughing9:

Ignorant people see nothing until after the fact :help:

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe she can Sue the Phone Company
for allowing people to text without
a Mental Evaluation First ?

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/story?section=news/bizarre&id=7906487

Here is the woman and the news report. The funny thing is now everyone knows exactly who she is, lol.

Earlier this week ABC30 showed you video of a woman who mistakenly fell into the fountain at a Pennsylvania mall, because she was distracted by text messaging. Well now that woman is suing the mall for not helping her.

| Watch Video Above for Extended Coverage |

The video has received more than 1.5 million views since it went viral on YouTube last week. The woman in the video, Cathy Cruz Marrero, doesn't think the video is very funny. She claims she could have gotten seriously hurt and that the security guards should have helped instead of laugh.

"I'm just like dumbfounded. And all I kept saying was, 'I fell. I fell. I fell in the fountain. I fell in the fountain.'"

Marrero has hired a lawyer to pursue legal action. The investigation is ongoing at the mall as to who leaked the video online. You can hear more from Marrero and her attorney Thursday on Good Morning America.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well she did make a "big splash" at the mall and on the news :headbang: :laughing9:

Note to self: If you ever get caught up in something so stupid and go on TV, wear a bag on your head so no one can identify you :tongue3:

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
savant365 said:
http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/story?section=news/bizarre&id=7906487

Here is the woman and the news report. The funny thing is now everyone knows exactly who she is, lol.

Earlier this week ABC30 showed you video of a woman who mistakenly fell into the fountain at a Pennsylvania mall, because she was distracted by text messaging. Well now that woman is suing the mall for not helping her.

| Watch Video Above for Extended Coverage |

The video has received more than 1.5 million views since it went viral on YouTube last week. The woman in the video, Cathy Cruz Marrero, doesn't think the video is very funny. She claims she could have gotten seriously hurt and that the security guards should have helped instead of laugh.

"I'm just like dumbfounded. And all I kept saying was, 'I fell. I fell. I fell in the fountain. I fell in the fountain.'"

Marrero has hired a lawyer to pursue legal action. The investigation is ongoing at the mall as to who leaked the video online. You can hear more from Marrero and her attorney Thursday on Good Morning America.

If she had stayed off the News
Nobody would have Known who she was :icon_scratch:

She certainly got up & walked off fast Too.
Odds are nobody would have reached her in that
short time either.

Saturna

Bronze Member
May 24, 2008
Nanaimo, B.C. Canada
Detector(s) used
White's 4900 DL Max, Tesoro Deleon
I would have just said I was going for the coins thrown in the fountain. :laughing7:

At least she wasn't driving.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
The lawsuit will never happen. She's one of the idiots that will be so busy texting that she will end up walking in front of a truck, just give her a couple of months. Stupid people that dont pay attention to their surroundings usually get whats coming sad but true.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Her biggest Mistake was advertising it was Her

Then saying she's suing because
she's Embarrased everyone Knows her.

She needs to sue herself.

LOL On her saying she was talking
to a Friend From "Church".
not just a "Friend" ?
I Guess this is supposed to Put her
in a Special Light ? :tongue3:

Maybe she should have said She was
Texting a Donation to her Favorite Charity :laughing7:

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
It sounded to me like they were going to try to sue the mall for the security letting the tape be copied and then uploaded to youtube. The thing she was really complaining about was that no one came to her aid or tried to see if she was hurt. It's all a bunch of BS if you ask me, she wasn't hurt just embarrassed. If she wants to get paid for it she should submit it to Americas Funniest Videos, should win hands down.
Yeah Jeff I loved how she got that in there about texting someone from her church too, that makes her look so much more rightous in my eyes, LOL :laughing9:

Charlie

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Her eyes seemed awful fidgety, like she was having difficulty remembering what her lawyer told her to say. ::)

Ah well, if she just stayed quiet it would have blown over in a few days and possibly no one would know it was her. :dontknow:

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the worst that could happen is
She'll be a hit at the Next Party she attends :occasion14:

Just get everyone to Text her throught the Party

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If she was texting while reproducing, she probably doesn't remember it. ;D
A few months back I saw a woman walk out of the store and walk right into the street without looking.......yup, texting. Another time I was nearly rearended on the freeway by a woman on the phone. What is wrong with these people? :dontknow:
You know what's really funny? I hardly ever use "spellcheck" when I post but the word "rearended" just didn't look right so I ran the check. The word my spellcheck couldn't recognize was "texting".

P.B. and Dylan

Dec 9, 2008
Berks Co. PA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV & GC1023
She has some bigger problems then falling in that fountain.
http://readingeagle.com/article.aspx?id=280672

She was in court today for using a coworkers credit card to make over $5000 in purchases anh 'has several theft cases and a hit and run charge on her record".

Maybe this is karma at work.

I go to the Berkshire Mall often. The walls around these fountains are about 2 foot high, you would really have to have your head up your Burro to do this.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She also has several theft cases and a
hit-and-run charge on her record.

Too Busy Texting to Notice ?

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey if you can sue for spilling hot coffee in your lap why not sue because they put the fountain in the wrong spot. If it was over that way another 20 feet she would never had fallen in it.

Some people is just sue happy. I guess if she figure she gets anything out of it she can pay back the person she ripped off on the credit cards....Matt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions