warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
Don't Drive In Texas w/o Ins.

Genius in Law Enforcement

Recently, in the City of Dallas, Texas, they passed an ordinance that if you are pulled over by law enforcement and not able to provide proof of insurance, your car will be towed right away.

Afterwards, to retrieve your car after being impounded, you must require proof of insurance to have your car released.

This has made it easy for the City of Dallas to remove uninsured cars that are typically driven by mostly illegal's.

Shortly after "No insurance" ordinance was passed, the Dallas impound lots began to fill up quickly and was full after nine days. Most of the impounded cars were driven by illegal's.

Not only must you provide proof of insurance to have your car released, you have to pay for the cost of the tow, a $350 fine, and charged $20 for every day their car is kept in the lot.

I would suggest other cities across the nation to follow what Dallas, Texas is doing.

Not only is it getting uninsured drivers off the road, but it is taking away vehicles driven by illegal's that have no insurance.

Brings a tear to my eyes...

And not a Hint of racial profiling, but how effective!!

And they can't blame this one on Arizona.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Don't Drive In Texas w/o Ins.

Right on. I agree you should not be driving if you do not have insurance. Plus if you get pull over for a DUI and it is your 2nd the car should be towed also.......Matt

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I believe it is the same here in Ohio. Insurance companies and scammers are killing us >:( Why does my rates have to go up when I have a clean record :help: :dontknow:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Well I can tell you that Nu Joisey is pretty tough on drivers, period...

No Insurance = arrest
Car - impounded immediately

As for DUI, car impounded immediately, unless there is a sober licensed passenger.
1 unpaid parking ticket = ** suspension of license.

** also note, they do not send out the suspension notices anywhere from 3-6 months. If you are driving unaware your license is suspended and you are pulled over, just like in Monopoly, you go directly to jail and do not pass "Go".

In NYC DUI means you have lost your vehicle and can buy it again at auction :laughing7:

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The city of Dallas is going to need a parking lot as big as Texas for this problem. :laughing7:

dpitt8

May 2, 2008
wa

i like that approach. no racial profiling cause i'm sure more than just illegals drive w/o insurance so you will have people of many races involved. and raise money for city/county holding car auctions.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR

Looks like another car tax like red light cameras and speed cameras and parking tickets where you have no recourse. I just got a parking ticket for a place i have never parked in on a vehicle that has been parked in my yard for 6 mo. along with 2 other fines for not paying the ticket. When I went to motorvehicles dept which sent me a notice my tags will not be renewed. I was told that I must straighten it out with the local police. After holding for over 10 min. I was told that I must contact their tax dept. The tax dept has a perminant hold on their phone. Screwed out of $90.And you enjoy another car tax, until it hits you!!!
I am required to have ins. even the vehicle is not being used, un less I want to go thru additional inspections and re registration. The cost of ins has nothing to do with how you drive, it is just a required ripoff.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread