Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
I havent been to a walmart in a long time. Now since the department of homeland stupidity will be putting propaganda monitors in every walmart eventually, i plan on never shopping there.

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
THIS IS GOOD NEWS! this is one of my soap boxes, healthy, affordable food for the working folk :icon_thumleft:. I'm lucky, with 3 working adults in the house, I can buy healthy food, but it's too d*** expensive for families with young children. they are the ones who are at a critical stage, forming healthy eating habits. I've been trying to wean my shopping habits from wal-mart, because I don't like the whole concept of wal-mart, but this is a good change. Also shows that Dollar General, is scaring them :laughing9:

anyway, cheaper, healthier food is a good thing.

(I'm thru talkin' now)

Tn Gizmo

Sep 4, 2007
Moss, Tn.
Detector(s) used
Compass 77B ; whites 6000D ; Garrett Master Hunter CX w/Treasure Hound (two box); Minelab Exp. II
If they sell unhealthy food, no one is forced to buy it...So what is the problem??

KEYSHUNTER

Sep 29, 2007
florida keys
Detector(s) used
;whites dual PI
well not everyone has a garden in the backyard, its just about who your willing to give your paycheck to if your hungry.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depends how you define healthier foods, and does that include the calculated risk? .... because you know most of it will be coming from China!

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I Like Foods that have Real Taste,
Which Means Fats, Sugar,Salt & All that other Good
Gobbleygook that is hard to Pronounce on
labels.

If I Wanted to eat Veggies, and Stuff without any real
taste, I would have been Born without taste Buds :laughing7:

& IF I Wanted a Baby sitter I'd Hire one ! :tongue3:

Wanted Baby sitter, Must be 21
No Need to be good with Kids
(As I Don't have any)

AFLP02RCA55S3FGCA9T0VUSCAZAX6EDCA2VYCBUCA9TMBA9CA3PTW26CABLGYQ8CATAINI1CAP90PFWCAWOGE94CALY0YK...jpg Olestra Warning Removal Information
http://www.oddtodd.com/message252.html

bula

Mar 13, 2008
southern utah
Detector(s) used
White MXT
healthy food, why don't they just teach good eating habits....... And of course the best exercise pushing yourself away from the table.

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
I was looking at it from the point of view of a parent wanting to feed fruit and veggies to my little ones, because that's what they need. when I look around, Wal-mart has the best price. I have no choice 'cause I don't have much money. I still think it's good news. :icon_thumleft:

to clarify,IF I was a parent with young ones, I'm not now, been there done that a long time ago, and it hurt that the best food was out of my reach. Ramen noodles anyone? Again?

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
at least they Can't mess with My Steaks & Bacon
The Cheapest Bacon Will Always have the Best
amount of Fat :coffee2:

& I Can Buy & Double up on Sugar for
Ice cream, Cerial, Etc.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dollar General means absolutely nothing to Walmart. They do take an interest in Target, though. Take the recent changes in your local Walmart, and there have been many in the last 5 years, and compare them to Target. Note the similarities. Walmart is adapting the attitude that if we don't carry it, then you don't need to buy it. The have something called SOTC, store of the community, where the product traits are supposed to be tailored to the demographics of the community. NOT! In our local store, the district market manager over foods decided to do away with the traditional Hispanic food section and replace it with Tex-Mex and 'Old El Paso' brand, in spite of being told it was a very bad move. "Well, it sells good in Denver." Denver has Hispanics who have been American for many generations. This area has a large population of resort workers here on work visas from all Latin American countries who have no clue what 'Tex-Mex' is and prefer to buy traditional foods. They do have tortillas though. However, they cut an 8 foot section down to 4 feet. Sales dropped $2,000!! a week. La Tienda Munoz #3 and Safeway have profited big time on Walmart's 'business move'. Walmart is not trying to help anybody live better other than corporate at the home office. Sam Walton was greedy, but he did understand his customer base far better than the ones in charge these days do. And I am speakin from experience, so I do know whereof I speak.

Zephyr

Nov 26, 2006
You can put it in the flashiest packaging ever made and all covered with cartoon characters, but the kid will still know it's a nasty brussels sprout.... :angry7:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
The closest Wal Mart to me has a Subway in it.
Subways push for healthy food is their turkey sub.
As far as "healthy food" that definition changes all the time. Look at coffee. 2 years ago it was the bad boy of drinks. Now it is good for almost everything. Go figure!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread