Anyone Tried The E-Cig?

mtntrekr2

Jul 15, 2007
berks county, pa.
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II 1000, Xterra-70 x3, Garret ace 250,
E-cig, Nicorette Gum and Patches, Chantix.

I skipped them all. The best thing that has kept me from lighting up since Dec. 20th is the thought of how much money I have been saving.
I went from 2+ packs a day to none the next day.
You can do it to just make the commitment that when you get up tomorrow morning do not light up that first one, that is it, no more from now on.
I am not saying it is easy. I would love to have one, but I just keep thinking of the savings. Now I might even get another detector.
HH
Joe

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
I smoke menthol cigs and have been rolling my own for the past 15 years. I tried an E-cig, nasty lil bugger, tasted like wintergreen mint, made me gag, there is no way to get different menthol flavors, so I keep on a rollin' for 85 cents a pack.

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I've been trying for over a week now and down to two cigarettes a day and today is the first without one and I'm on chantix for the 4th time. This time I'm determined to quit. :icon_thumright:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Watching my stepfater die at the age of 49 of Emphysema was all it took to stop me..........

cddz75

Greenie
Dec 30, 2010
Central Ohio
Detector(s) used
Current:
CTX 3030, CF77, XP Deus, Compadre

Previous:
Etrac, G2, T2, DMC II-B, Sovereign GT, Garret Infinium, BH 505
notgittinenny said:
I smoke menthol cigs and have been rolling my own for the past 15 years. I tried an E-cig, nasty lil bugger, tasted like wintergreen mint, made me gag, there is no way to get different menthol flavors, so I keep on a rollin' for 85 cents a pack.
There are many choices for different liquids. You are not only limited to the pre-filled carts that the mall stores offer you. There are a lot of online vendors of E-cigs :)

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I quit 28 years ago. I was out hunting white tails and was walking across a field to the woods. I got out of breath and went down to my knees. I though I was not going to make it out alive. I told god that if I make it home I would quit smoking. I have not touch another since then. Yea sometime I wish I would light one up but I never do. Now thinking out much money I have saved but I don't know where the money is. My wife must have spent it.......Matt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread