Detector(s) used
White MXT

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't forget those Medical benifits!!! HH Chug as a spouse she should qualify!!!

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
look on-line or open your phonebook under government find your local VA number !!!! Chug call them up!! I had benefits that I did not know about It only took a few minutes of asking there was a 30 min Wait on hold but worth it!!! make sure you have your dads and moms info before calling SSN and Military ID Number and ask about benefits for spouses!!!! It takes time but worth IT!!!

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was he still in the service when he died? The reason I ask is there are millions of vets that, unless they were wounded, killed or retired get nothing after they leave the service except the gi bill, a va home loan and a spot in the va cemetery if they want it. Heck, I served on the flight deck of an aircraft carrier around jets 12 hours a day as it was during Nam. I went to the va to file a claim for hearing loss and they said I should have filed a claim before I left the service. Heck, the hearing damage happened aboard ship but it takes time to deteriorate. I'm certain that, if I were to die today, my wife wouldn't get anything more than a flag.

OP
OP
bula

bula

Mar 13, 2008
southern utah
Detector(s) used
White MXT
Watch out for scams, insurance agents, & lawyers are telling people that the process is very hard & they will do it for you for $1000 or more. The VA will help you fill out the paper work.

hypoman

Jul 25, 2008
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Did he die from anything brought on by the war, that was medically documented before he got out?

OP
OP
bula

bula

Mar 13, 2008
southern utah
Detector(s) used
White MXT
It should not matter when he died. If he was a vet the wife can apply for benifits.

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:icon_thumright: What can you loose give it a try :icon_thumleft: CHUG!!!!

Arizona Bob

Apr 3, 2007
CA-AZ-NV-NM
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
onfire said:
How did you start this process?

The VA system is extremely complex. If you think you have a claim, I would suggest letting a Veterans Service Officer (VSO) assist you. VSO's are sometimes listed in the phonebook, but most VFWs / American Legions / Amvets etc can assist you in locating a VSO. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread