VW XL1

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
Today Volkwagen announced that production of their XL1 would begin in 2013. The XL1 is now just a prototype. It is a 1 liter,48 HP diesel hybrid that gets 260 MPG. Taking hybrids to a whole new level, although only available now in a two seater.They are not going to release any other information right now except to say it's body is made of aluminum and carbon fiber, with a drag coefficiency lower than any previous production automobile. It was a star attraction at the qatar motor show recently. rockhound

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
here's a pic. Looks good. This pic said "2011" though but it was the concept model.

Attachments

• xl1.jpg
    xl1.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 97

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
I see that it is streamlined but it also looks like very poor rear vision to take on the road. How would
you like to be in that in heavy traffic? Looks to me like it should be opened up, some.
Ray

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did they say what kind of price tag it is going to carry......Matt

OP
OP
R

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
No, they would not give an estimate of what price it would carry. It probably won't be cheap because they did say it wouldn't be the peoples car as the beetle once was. I would say it will be near the top end of their range. good Luck. rockhound

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread