Bahamas advice...

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

hypoman

Jul 25, 2008
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
I'll be going there in 2 weeks brother. I'll let you know when I get back.

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you all for your advice & wisdom. The more we studied and looked into the Bahamas, the more we realized that we were still looking at a few grand for a little under a week. On top of that, I have a passport but my fiance does not... so that would take time & money to secure as well.

As an alternative, I took my brother's advice and we started looking into cabin retreats in Tennessee instead. We found MANY great cabins in the Smokey Mountains that would all be under $600 for a week and on our way to our home in Florida. So, that may well be our final decision.

Thanks again for all the advice :)

Bran <><

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My "roots" are in Florida, as it were... ::)

Bran <><

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bran, The Bahamas are some of my favorite hunting grounds, and I try to get out that way a couple times a year. If you have never been to the Bahamas then Sandles on New Providence is a good time, and the Bahamas are Metal Detector friendly.
If I may also suggest a couple of other locations...
Harbour Island would be an excellent choice for a honey moon, as would the Island of Eleuthera. My last visit a couple of months ago we rented a house for a week and only saw one other person on the beach the entire week.

This is the link to the house we rented http://aquavista.info/web/

Let me know what you decide for a Bahamas location and I will provide you a things to do for that location. No matter where you and your bride to be decide to go in the Bahamas you will not be disappointed.

Tom

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wreckdiver1715 said:
Bran, The Bahamas are some of my favorite hunting grounds, and I try to get out that way a couple times a year. If you have never been to the Bahamas then Sandles on New Providence is a good time, and the Bahamas are Metal Detector friendly.
If I may also suggest a couple of other locations...
Harbour Island would be an excellent choice for a honey moon, as would the Island of Eleuthera. My last visit a couple of months ago we rented a house for a week and only saw one other person on the beach the entire week.

This is the link to the house we rented http://aquavista.info/web/

Let me know what you decide for a Bahamas location and I will provide you a things to do for that location. No matter where you and your bride to be decide to go in the Bahamas you will not be disappointed.

Tom

Thanks for all the advice Tom! I wish we could've heard it before my fiance found the log cabins in the Smokey Mountains. I think she's pretty set on wanting to go there now, and I'm not complaining. It'll finally give us a chance to use our Osprey hiking packs I got for us a while back. We may still take a trip to the Bahamas though down the road, since it's just a short trip from Tampa International. :thumbsup:

Bran <><

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
I have only been to Nassau/Paradise Is. in '88 or '89 on business,but certainly I would NOT recommend that place.Tn or even Branson/Big Cedar Lodge sounds better,go boating,horseback riding,see a couple of shows, stay in your room.

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
texastee2007 said:
Bran now this honeymoon holiday sounds like the two of you. I have been to the Bahamas a life ago...it was not anything I would want to return to...Yes the water was beautiful...the glass submarine....But the Smokie Mountains! Priceless. It sounds like everything you have been buying things for...Hiking, camping etc....besides you may not get out much...after all it will be your honeymoon! I hear it is so beautiful and look at all the money you will be saving. Is there anything that can bring you closer to God and your new wife then being in the pure outdoors? Take a canoe trip for my hubby and me...I know you will keep us posted with your wonderful pictures! Doesn't it amaze you that the very person who talks about getting closer to your new bride and God then talks about you finding a cabin with a still and your roots like they actually know you? No Bran this is a chance for you and your lovely bride to finally be together and you need to make the very most of it! Enjoy yourselves! It is the pot of gold at the end of your lovely rainbow! My husband and I are so proud of you two and your faithfulness! Rocking Chair Love.

I think it does too! ;D I just figured that since we'll both be living 15 min's or so from the beach & palm trees as it is after the wedding, we probably won't be missing a great deal if we don't go to the Bahamas for the honeymoon. And yes, all the stuff I've bought for us we could finally get some use out of if we end up in a cabin in the mountains of TN!! :) It's DEFINITELY saving alot of money that route, so I think it would be the wiser decision. Even though I know she's not a huge outdoors person (yet), I have a feeling she'll fall in love with the outdoors more & more as we get the chance to get out there... and I may have to look into renting a canoe and maybe even a couple of horses too.

We will definitely enjoy ourselves wherever we're at, because we finally won't have 1,200 miles between us anymore!!!
We're both so very thankful for the prayers of you two... and we'll keep striving for that Rocking Chair Love! :-*

Bran <><

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
packerbacker said:
If you do change your mind about the Holy Land, you may still want to carry that double barreled shotgun! ;D

:laughing7: :icon_thumright:

I may bring my Mini-14 with... I think that'll do.

Bran <><

WindHarvester

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker 2 - My eyes
packerbacker said:
If you do change your mind about the Holy Land, you may still want to carry that double barreled shotgun! ;D

Isn't that the truth. :laughing9:

WindHarvester

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker 2 - My eyes
lamar said:
WindHarvester said:
Thank You for the spelling correction *Lamar*.
Dear WindHarvester;
I didn't notice where you committed a spelling error, my friend, therefore I wasn't attempting to correct you. I commit numerous typos, therefore I feel it's incorrect to point the mistakes of others. Now that's we have that cleared up, and Godisnum1 seems to made up his mind to stay in-country, how about you? Have you ever made a pilgrimage to the Holy Land?
Your friend;
LAMAR

"Have you ever made a pilgrimage to the Holy Land?"

No Lamar I have not and to be very honest, I more than likely never will go to that "Holy Land". The day I die is the day I will be going to my Holy Land.

lamar

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2004
packerbacker said:
lol............best to both of you wherever you go. I'd suggest Alaska were I to be asked. :icon_thumleft:
Dear packerbacker;
I spent two glorious years in Alaska back when I was in the service, my friend, and a more beautiful spot on the planet you wil not find.
Your friend;
LAMAR

lamar

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2004
WindHarvester said:
lamar said:
WindHarvester said:
Thank You for the spelling correction *Lamar*.
Dear WindHarvester;
I didn't notice where you committed a spelling error, my friend, therefore I wasn't attempting to correct you. I commit numerous typos, therefore I feel it's incorrect to point the mistakes of others. Now that's we have that cleared up, and Godisnum1 seems to made up his mind to stay in-country, how about you? Have you ever made a pilgrimage to the Holy Land?
Your friend;
LAMAR

"Have you ever made a pilgrimage to the Holy Land?"

No Lamar I have not and to be very honest, I more than likely never will go to that "Holy Land". The day I die is the day I will be going to my Holy Land.
Dear Windharvester;
I'll bet that your wife would LOVE to visit the Holy Land! It's a pilgrimage of a lifetime, for sure!
Your friend;
LAMAR

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
packerbacker said:
lol............best to both of you wherever you go. I'd suggest Alaska were I to be asked. :icon_thumleft:

I do have friends up there in Alaska, and another friend up in Vancouver was just suggesting the other day that we come up there, as well as Alaska.
We'll probably head up that way someday though, but likely not for the honeymoon.

Bran <><

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
texastee2007 said:
on the positive side...Alaska would be cold and a good reason to stay indoors. :love10:

Heheh, good point!!!! :wink:

packerbacker said:
no Bran.....get a headache and go fishing!

You mean, dirt fishing???

Bran <><

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no, salmon and halibut. Lamar is right...........it is about the prettiest place I've ever been. Second only to Lambeau field in Green Bay. ;D

ramjet2187

Nov 29, 2005
North Central Tennessee
Detector(s) used
MXT
I second the nomination for the Smokies. I live in central Tennessee, above Nashville, and have been to/through that area several times. Avoid the chintzy touristy crap, and enjoy some hiking and time together. How far out are you? I have some map/booklets you might be interested in. PM me your address and I'll send them.

Roger

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions