Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where's my basement

Ok this is how it went

I receive a phone call from the guy that said he worked for a basement dry company. He told me that he took a survey and from out that my basement flooded and he could show us how to make it stop so we could use it. I said OK

We made a appointment the following week. We he show up and he came in and with Thu this big talk and what they could do to me walls and floor so we could have more space in our home. So I sat Thu this for nearly a hour and when he was done talking he ask if we could go to the basement so he could look at it. I told him ok so he ask me which way. I ask him I didn't know which was it was. He then asked me what do you mean you don't know which way.

I then told him I have lived here for 12 years and I have never found the basement. He then got a little loud and ask me then why did I have him come out. I told him you told me YOU TOOK A SERVEY AND FOUND OUT THAT MY BASEMENT FLOODED so now you tell me where my basement is since you took the survey. He didn't have anything to say he just packed up and left. I thought it was funny. Maybe next time he will be careful how he makes a phone call.

Have you ever done this. I love pulling jokes on telemarketers. .....Matt

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Where's my basement

:thumbsup: :laughing7:

Al Czervik

Apr 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Teknetics® Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

mlayers said:
Have you ever done this. I love pulling jokes on telemarketers. .....Matt

I was getting calls from a debt consolidation company. (overseas) So one day I ask them to hold while I get my paperwork ... Slam a few vertical file doors, curse with the phone on the desk ... you get the picture... anything I could do to WASTE THEIR TIME. Got on the phone & said "OK I HAVE ALL MY CREDIT CARD STATEMENTS" let me add them up. AND with a old school add machine (lever type) I am "adding" my so called credit card debt ... OOOOPPS ... I made a mistake let me add this again ... I kept this guy on the phone for 12 minutes.

Then I said "OK I have 2,345,678.00 debt on credit cards (notice ... 2345678) ...
He ask me to repeat ... I did ...

He proceeded to call me a MOOOTER FOOOKER ... & You are a FOOOKING stupid American...

I love those overseas FOOOKER'S ...

~ Al

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Always fun to screw with the dip shts, :laughing9: good job

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250

That'll learn him. :laughing9: That would have been funny to watch the whole conversation
and observe the results.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

When I lived in my "forth floor all electric condo" I kept getting promotional calls from the "electric company" informing me that that they were offering "gas" users a special installation package to switch over to total electric heating and cooling. So I finally had them send somebody out, and to my total amazement, this stunned electic company guy showed me a copy of his city print showing that my condo was all gas, in fact it showed that the whole complex was on gas. I'd lived there for ten years, nothing in the entire building ran on gas. Pretty scary when you stop and think about it, that the city was showing that the complex was using gas. The next day I called the gas company and reported the smell of leaking gas in the building, and you guessed it, they came right out! And the worst part, before it was over with the gas company got upset with me and threatened to nail me for making a false report. :laughing7: Needless to say, I never got another promotional call from the electric company.

OP
OP
mlayers

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

WTG bigscoop isn't it amazing how things gets messed up. I proably would have done the same thing. But next time sit a empty propane tank on the proch and act dumb like that must have been the gas smell. As that tank was full on Monday......Matt

hypoman

Jul 25, 2008
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II

I had those same people call me about my "basement". I thought they had the wrong house, but if they call again, I'm doing that . A telemarketer called me about a credit card and I eventually turned the conversation around and told him my boat was for sale and if he would give me his home phone number I would gladly call him later that night and discuss it with him. He gave it to me and when I called him later he got really mad b/c he thought I wanted a credit card......it was hilarious. they never called again.

OP
OP
mlayers

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting