Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will bite, I believe we have elected government that has weakened America to nearly the point that it can be the target of a hostile takeover, not much is left. I watched some super brains on discovery blabbing how America is using natural resources to the point of an Easter Island scenario. What morons, the truth is they and government are missing the elephant, WE are the only country that despises ourselves and our resources so we will no longer access our resources, We are nearly ripe enough, the other countries don't have our guilt problems apparently.

Just My Opinion because you asked.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're quite safe, just don't walk into traffic or go sky diving without a parachute.

hypoman

Jul 25, 2008
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
I am always paranoid when out in public. I have what is called "hyper-sensitive situational awareness", brought upon by some things that have happen to me. When in a building I seat myself at the most optimal place for fight or flight reasons. The only place I feel that there something bad won't happen is in my home with my wife, all my kids, and my sister(who lives with us), and the two dogs guarding the side and back doors. Especially with gang violence rising in what used to be hicktown, I feel like this hyper-awareness is a good thing........then it is also a curse.

dirt doctor

Aug 31, 2006
California Bay Area
hypoman said:
I am always paranoid when out in public. I have what is called "hyper-sensitive situational awareness", brought upon by some things that have happen to me. When in a building I seat myself at the most optimal place for fight or flight reasons. The only place I feel that there something bad won't happen is in my home with my wife, all my kids, and my sister(who lives with us), and the two dogs guarding the side and back doors. Especially with gang violence rising in what used to be hicktown, I feel like this hyper-awareness is a good thing........then it is also a curse.

I feel for you Bro' , the gang thing is really escalating in the town I live in also .Six youths got shot (three died) recently in a drive by .The City Government is going to increase the size of the Police Gang task force . Break-ins are on the rise along with home invasions .We have dogs and so do some of our neighbors so we are cool in that respect. Also have a few back up measures if need be .

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
...But...on the gun threads they say that nobody gets shot in America.There are no break ins or home invasions because everyone has guns.
How can this be happening??? :o
:wink:

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
Dano Sverige said:
...But...on the gun threads they say that nobody gets shot in America.There are no break ins or home invasions because everyone has guns.

Good point Dano :thumbsup:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mom use to call me here little angel.
My sister use to call me devil child.
So I figure it's a toss up. :laughing7:

S

Smee

Dano Sverige said:
Put down the doobie and step away from the keyboard :tongue3: ---- JK

The sad fact is that once guns came into existence, criminals began procuring them. You can't take them away from the criminals. How do I know that? A large portion of all weapons arrests are persons who are legally forbidden to have them. In the U.S., felons cannot own guns, and yet the majority of illegal weapons are found in the possession of felons.

Since criminals don't obey the law, disarming law abiding citizens doesn't reduce gun crimes, it increases them because the criminal element has nothing to fear. Since they don't obey the law, they will procure the illegal weapons necessary to carry out their illegal activities.

What is so hard to understand? Basically, we would be brought down to your level and no longer be "the shining city upon a hill" that Ronald Reagan spoke of. The lights are pretty dim now as we have begun sinking into the mire of the European ingrates we saved in WWII who had pretty much disarmed their citizenry which made Hitler's rise to power so easy. You know, he also disarmed the public while expanding the country's military . . . because good people don't need guns. They might use them responsibly.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
shaun7 said:
Dano Sverige said:

Good point Dano :thumbsup:

Weird, I saw that thread and it said no such thing, I guess we see why some people can't understand logic, they can't see it!

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think simple logic and observation presents us with the fact that we (the U.S.) can't sustain the "fat-cat" style of living and growth that this country has enjoyed over the past century. Sure, we're going to see a noticeable decline in the nation's standard of living, but it's simply a natural course that has to take place. History shows us that every empire before us experienced the same declines, only fools would believe that it won't it happen here. What is important is how that decline is handled. If it's accepted and dealt with accordingly it will be tough but we should be ok. If, on the other hand, it's not accepted and we continue to deny the obvious then it will only serve to fuel a harder and steeper decline. That's my take on things anyway. :dontknow:

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other

I wouldnt call it paranoia, i would call it being smart. Seems to me its better to be ready for something that doesnt happen than to be ill prepared and not ready for something that does happen.Gear up boys and girls,not later but now.You may not have time later.If the SHTF at some point here in this country, if youre not ready you wont have a later.

WindHarvester

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker 2 - My eyes
We have two freight shipping containers buried in our backyard so We are as snug as a bug in a rug. :wink:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dano Sverige said:

No one ever said there is no breakins or home invasions, what we said is if they come in the homes of armed homeowners they may be in for a surprise. Home owners that are armed have the option to protect theirselves with deadly force, those with out guns do not have that option. I keep a S&W 9 MM loaded and at my bedside in a hidden compartment. I would not hesitate to shoot at anyone breaking into my home, in Florida deadly force is legal if you feel your life is threatened, someone comes in my home uninvited I feel my life and my wife's life is "threatened" and I will fire, and it will not be up in the air........

WindHarvester

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker 2 - My eyes
It used to be big muscles that made a person tough, now for many it seems to be big guns that they think make them tough.

It's a tangled up pi$$ing contest with no real winners in the end.

BandB1

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2008
SE Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only thing that bothers me is how we have a country full of pansies who are constantly peeing their panties over the slightest thing. Show a little spine and have a little faith.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread