If you could move anywhere in the USA to Metal detect or Treasure Hunt where....

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Mighty AP- I haven't really picked a spot, just the general area. Lots of mining history, bandits, etc. plus some discontented people who didn't tend to trust banks, even before the crash.... should make for good cache country.

I like the area around Siskiyou, Shasta, and Happy Camp... Klamath River area. If I had access to the libraries down there, I'd spend my days looking through microfische (sp?), LOL!

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
I love Alaskan summers And Galveston Texas Winters....lots of History in both places....Dont really want set up camp too long in any one place...just move with the wind... :)

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
gypsyheart said:
I love Alaskan summers And Galveston Texas Winters....lots of History in both places....Dont really want set up camp too long in any one place...just move with the wind... :)
Galveston. Interesting choice.

OP
OP
ericwt

ericwt

Feb 8, 2004
Mike: I understand what you are saying. So California is a great spot. I have always been drawn to Death Valley.

Oregon does have interesting people. But I rather enjoy the hippies. They can provide entertainment.

gypsyheart: I am going to Galveston this early this winter for a 2-7 day trip.

ericwt

S

stefen

North coastal California...

As to the buried Wells Fargo box...remember, all rumors contain some real truth.

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
bigcypresshunter said:
gypsyheart said:
Galveston. Interesting choice.
Galveston was a booming, wealthy town in 1900, until...
http://www.noaa.gov/galveston1900/

Huntin' 59er

Apr 27, 2005
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd like to go somewhere that I could LEGALLY hunt some Civil War battlefields.

Huntin' 59er

Marty-Graw

Feb 8, 2006
Albertville Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage, Garrett Treasure Ace 300
no where in particular i would to move to..... so for me it is not a question of WHERE i would like to move to.... it is WHEN!!!!........travel back in time with your MD to around 1880.... just imagine most of the coins you would find would be near mint.......hey if we are gonna dream...........

OP
OP
ericwt

ericwt

Feb 8, 2004
Huntin' 59er: well no place to do that. However there are places that small skirmishes took place and there were camps in areas all over the south. All of these places are on private property all you need to do is ask. Also areas close to battle sites on private property.

jasonbo: If I went to Thailand, I would likely never come back.

Dig-It: I agree. But my flux capacitor is on the fritz ;D ;D

ericwt

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Florida for the beaches. VA or GA for the civil war artifacts. Out of the USA? England.

Ed Donovan

TXKajun

Oct 12, 2005
Desert Southwest
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 750
Dang, I now live in one of the places mentioned (near the Guadalupes), having moved here from one of the other places mentioned (Galveston..but I wasn't into mding when I was there)!! So I guess I'll just stay put! LOL

HH, ya'll and good luck on your bet, ericwt.

Kajun

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread