If you could move anywhere in the USA to Metal detect or Treasure Hunt where....

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a Tuff One.

Move ? Nowhere.

Travel to ?

Mass.

OP
OP
ericwt

ericwt

Feb 8, 2004
jeff of pa: thanks, it is not really moving, this is a 3 person bet. The contest would last 3 months. I like where I live. But have been intrigued by the challenge.

ericwt

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CaptainZossima said:
Jeff,
and Why?

CZ

I wouldn't Move because I'v heard too many Horror stories,
(Archies & All)
And where I live there is NO Fear.
Plus I am Well known, which Helps.

Why Massachusetts ?

The Age & history.

oh & Eric, anywhere along the Bay ;)

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Northern CA.

Plenty of open space and lots of leads. Gov doesn't mess much with N CA and S OR.

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
I kinda like where Im at, but if I was to move I think I would go somewhere in the north east, say like eastern PA, even upstate NY. Somewhere with a lot of history. I see posts of people back east routinely finding old large cents, barbers, etc.............I would kill to find stuff like that here in Idaho. >:(

lucky1777

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2005
Illinois
I think I would move next to JD. That way I could follow him wherever he goes. No really, I Think it would be out east to hunt some revolutionary war sites. Or maybe to Florida to hunt the treasure coast.

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
It's not that far now but the AZ, NM, Colo. area maybe, Ghost towns, old mine tailings, and such might be interesting.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: If you could move anywhere in the USA to Metal detect or Treasure Hunt where

O R Y G O N ;D lotz of gold and rockhounding...

OP
OP
ericwt

ericwt

Feb 8, 2004
Jeffro: Northern cal has always been calling me.

Mighty AP: up east certainly has its draws

lucky1777: I don't think JD would want me living next to him ;D. Florida to hunt the treasure coast is one of my considerations

stoney56: I would consider northern Arizona, But southern AZ I have been to. New Mexico in the North I might give that a try. Colorado is a interesting choice. I had never considered it,but I will look into it.

dekalb33: Oregon has always been pulling me there.

coindetector: I do on occasion go to Central and South America and I agree there is a lot undiscovered there. But this has to do with a 3 person bet and it has to be in the United States.

Keep them coming
ericwt

OP
OP
ericwt

ericwt

Feb 8, 2004
Jeffro: Okay! Okay! Okay! Uncle! Since you have forced me to tell I will. ;) ;) ;D.

I have two full time treasure hunting friends,we have know each other for years. There is a lot of cometition between us,always has been.

We were talking the other day about who is the best. We always try to rattle each others chain. Anyway someone asked if there was a way to prove who is better. So we started trying to figure out how we can find that out.

The idea of a bet where we have rules and conditions to finally find out who is the best. We have not worked out all the details yet,and I still do not know if I am going to play yet.

But the general idea is we pick an area in the USA where we have never been, move there for 3 months. The one with the most success, after 3 months Wins.

The challege is intriguing to me. I still dont know if we will do it, but the idea seems fun.

ericwt

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
That does sound like fun.... I will be trekking N CA when my boy gets a bit older, done a little dredging there, did OK. Lots O'caches too, if one knows where to look.

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
Where in northern Cal are you planning on going Jeffro? I was raised in Siskiyou, little town of McCloud, right on the base of Mt.Shasta. My dad knew a guy who said he dug up a Wells Fargo box of gold coins deep in the woods, he loaded up with as much as he could carry, re-burried the box & hiked a few miles back to his truck. Went back many many times & never could find it again. I heard the story many times as a kid & saw a few of the coins. Could've been a BS story but dont think so, the guy was the towns only cop for years & cops never lie. ;D

pgill

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2005
Northampton, UK
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre II / Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I do not live in the USA, but where Seeker lives sounds great.... maybe he could show you a couple of basements / foundations?

God bless
Peter

jlowe

Greenie
Jun 17, 2006
Chicago, IL
Re: If you could move anywhere in the USA to Metal detect or Treasure Hunt where

Virginia. Call me a fool if you must, but I can't get Beale's gold out of my blood. $20 million in gold would win any bet.

grizzly bare

Aug 30, 2005
Warrenton, VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett CX II/Sovereign SX-2a Pro/Quattro
The Guadalupes,
how many treasure tales are told of those mountains? I am a firm believer that Ben Sublett's mine can be found with the right equipment. Various stagecoach boxes buried in the area. Spanish mines. And don't forget the rattlesnakes, scorpions, illegal immigrants, dope smugglers, etc! Lots to find in that area for an intrepid hunter with big brass ones.

grizzly bare

OP
OP
ericwt

ericwt

Feb 8, 2004
jlowe: Virginia would be nice but there are to many restrictions for detector users. Good luck on Beale's gold

grizzly bare: The Guadalupe's is a good idea. Hey, if you look like your avatar, I meet you once in the Gila mountains in New Mexico. ;)

ericwt

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

dekalb33 said:
O R Y G O N ;D lotz of gold and rockhounding...

You wouldn't like it there. That's where all the hippie communes moved to when California Real Estate got too expensive. No sales tax though!

As for me, in all my years in the military, I lived all over the place. As far as living someplace for TH'ing? Right here in good old SoCal for me. I like it right where I'm at! There are more fact based treasure stories in this area than I could run down in three lifetimes!

Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread