Woman tries to mail puppy to Georgia

Al Czervik

Apr 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Teknetics® Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Minneapolis - A mind-boggling story was released in today's StarTribune. A 39 yr-old woman attempted to mail a 4 month-old puppy via USPS Priority mail from Minneapolis to Atlanta, GA.

The bizarre incident occurred last Tuesday. The woman, Stacey Champion, put the Poodle-mix pup into a sealed box for shipping.

She did not tell the postal workers what was inside, but did let them know that the box could make some sounds because it contained a toy robot.

Champion left the post office and a short time later, postal workers became suspicious when the box fell from the counter.

Postal inspectors were contacted so that the contents of the box could be viewed - what they discovered shocked them all.

Inside...a panting puppy.

Had someone not noticed the falling box and had they not taken the initiative to open it, the pup would have died in transit. Boxes travel in un-heated, un-pressurized cargo holds on airplanes - the young pup would have had no chance for survival.

The pup was taken to the city's animal control facility and Champion was cited for misdemeanor animal cruelty. Curious what the charge would have been if a baby was discovered inside?

Was this malice or mind-boggling stupidity? Just when you think that you've heard it all....

Continue reading on Examiner.com: Georgia woman tries to mail puppy to Georgia - National Dogs | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/dogs-in-national/georgia-woman-tries-to-mail-puppy-to-georgia#ixzz1Cwsndq6T

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
That poor little pup. I am glad they found it in time to save its life. :hello2: That woman deserves what she
gets and more. That was an awful thing to do to a little pup.

WindHarvester

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker 2 - My eyes
This is very wrong, nobody should trust the USPS.

My wife and I are planning our summer vacation and I'm trying to talk her into letting me ship the kids to our destination in advance because it will be much cheaper than the plane tickets and we would have a little break from them on the way to and from.

Of course I would be using UPS because it's cheaper and the USPS is pretty unreliable and constantly lose or abuse packages.

I hope you all know that I'm kidding.

That was really horrible what that woman did but Thank God they found the little pup.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When it's "shipped" that doesn't always mean by boat, boat's are often advertised as "transports", and they claim the really fast ones can "fly" across the water. OHhhhh........It's all so confusing! :laughing7:

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They ought to put her in a air tight sealed box and ship her across the world to a remote area, where there will have to be numerous stops, transers of planes, etc and see if she likes it or survives the transport!!!! >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions