OP
OP
Stickmarsh

Stickmarsh

May 17, 2008
Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur & Sovereign
Here is the response I received from the Kuranda company regarding my email letter of protest over the way the contest has been conducted.

“Please accept our apologies. This one got away from us. We're working out a way to change the rules a bit to make it more equitable for our contestants. In the mean time, Jack has received a ton of votes all by himself! Let us discuss this situation and I promise to get back to you with a proposed solution.”

Jack says, “Thanks for the votes.”

Life is in the details. Stay tuned. Stickmarsh

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:icon_thumleft: I voted for Jack on my pc, when Chug gets back from the store, he will vote on his pc, between the two of us, that will be two more votes for today!!!!! "GO JACK GO!!!!" Come on everyone, we gotta do this for T Net!!!!!!!!! :headbang: :icon_thumright: Red :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stickmarsh said:
Here is the response I received from the Kuranda company regarding my email letter of protest over the way the contest has been conducted.

“Please accept our apologies. This one got away from us. We're working out a way to change the rules a bit to make it more equitable for our contestants. In the mean time, Jack has received a ton of votes all by himself! Let us discuss this situation and I promise to get back to you with a proposed solution.”

Jack says, “Thanks for the votes.”

Life is in the details. Stay tuned. Stickmarsh
I'm glad to hear this. Looking forward to to their "proposed solution". I sent them an email myself a week or so ago. Oh yeah vote 549 and I voted this morning too. Yup, twice a day for the last several days. I don't know if it's a glitch or what but I can vote first thing in the morning and again at night when I get home without resetting my modem.

OP
OP
Stickmarsh

Stickmarsh

May 17, 2008
Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur & Sovereign
Here is the follow up response I received from Kuranda.

“We've decided to make a very big change in the Dog of the Month program, beginning with next month's contest. We actually had a similar program last year. Let me see if I can explain it briefly... There will now be 4 winners. Each dog selected by Kuranda will get a Deluxe Fleece pad for being chosen to enter the contest. The contestants will be asked to select a favorite shelter or Rescue. The photos will then be representing their chosen shelter/rescues. Whichever dog (shelter/rescue) receives the most votes will then be given 5 Kuranda beds. We would be delighted to enter Jack in a future contest. This would mean Jack would receive a Deluxe Fleece Pad but better yet, Jack would be given the opportunity to help a local shelter. Is there a shelter or rescue that you would like to have 5 Kuranda beds donated to?”

Here is my response to Kuranda

I appreciate your offer to enter Jack in a future contest and award him a Deluxe Fleece pad. However, your proposal really does not address the problem with the current contest. Additionally, I do not know if Jack’s supporters will want to go through another contest, after putting so much effort into the current one. I will talk with a local shelter, and see what the level of interest is regarding Jack representing them in a contest. I will be in contact with you to let you know if Jack would like to participate.

Life is in the details. Stay tuned. Stickmarsh & Jack

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dpitt8 said:
i voted too. I wouldn't mind supporting Jack again.
icon_ditto.gif

Attachments

• icon_ditto.gif
    icon_ditto.gif
    1.7 KB · Views: 78
OP
OP
Stickmarsh

Stickmarsh

May 17, 2008
Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur & Sovereign
Jack to be awarded a new luxury fleece pad!

Below is the latest response I received from Kuranda about the letter of protest regarding the current Dog of the Month contest. They have agreed to award Jack a luxury fleece pad! This is the prize awarded for first place! This decision came about because of the strong vote count Jack received, the letter of protest, and I am sure the emails that TreasureNetters sent on Jack’s behalf. Notice that the email below says “P.S. You and your friends made an amazing effort.”

This contest was fun, although trying at times because of having to compete against a national organization, Leader Dogs for the Blind, and because of the “funny” vote count. At this time I am not sure if Jack will be in a second contest representing a local animal shelter. I am thinking that it might be fun, but will decide after talking with the folks at the shelter. He would be competing for the shelter with a prize of five new beds awarded to the winning shelter.

Jack says, “Thanks to all TreasureNetters for voting for me. You folks are the best!”

Life is in the details. Stay tuned. Stickmarsh & Jack

Subject: RE: Dog of the Month Contest
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 18:53:13 -0500

“I understand your disappointment. If you will, please tell me the outside dimensions of Jack's bed as well as you home address and we'll send you a bed. Meanwhile, if you decide to, we'll be delighted to enter Jack as the representative of your local shelter.”

“P.S. You and your friends made an amazing effort.”

Sent: Saturday, February 26, 2011 11:21 AM

Hello Paul,

I accept your offer to send Jack a bed. The outside dimensions are 20" x 30".

I have not talked with a local shelter yet. However, we will probably participate, depending upon the response from the shelter.

Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2011 16:33:56 -0500

Wonderful. We'll ship you Jack's luxury Fleece pad shortly.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread