How much money have you spent to fix a simple problem?

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
Well I broke my original laptop space bar key by trying to take it off to clean it. After ordering two keyboards and receiving one of them, today I decided to put the keyboard key from the new keyboard on my old one keyboard, since the new keyboard did not work on my laptop. Well By golly I got it working! :)

Sucks that I wasted $70 on laptop parts that I cant exchange. Stupid terms of conditions.

jadeblackhawk

May 27, 2006
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Deus 2
Bought a house last spring.

Previous owner thought he was a plumber.

Two months after we bought the house... $1800 to fix the problem he caused by not installing the proper $10 part.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
As little as possible. With all the years behind me I can fix most things.
The dog tore a hole in my couch. I used my past experience to re cover it for the cost of material and thread.
My roof airconditioner in my MH stoped blowing. I removed the lower cover and lubricated the fan shafts.
The breaks on my pickup wore out. I replaced the lining" pads".
My gun started missfiring. I replaced the firing pin.
My sewing machine started to break needles. I realigned the bobbin drive gear. this is a common problem with sewing machines and is easy to fix.

There are few advantages to getting old, but experience gained is a big one.

PS. clean your keyboard with a vacume cleaner hose extension and then wipe them off with a wet type lense tissue. You might save a few bucks in the future.

OP
OP
Detectingfreak

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
Frankn said:
As little as possible. With all the years behind me I can fix most things.
The dog tore a hole in my couch. I used my past experience to re cover it for the cost of material and thread.
My roof airconditioner in my MH stoped blowing. I removed the lower cover and lubricated the fan shafts.
The breaks on my pickup wore out. I replaced the lining" pads".
My gun started missfiring. I replaced the firing pin.
My sewing machine started to break needles. I realigned the bobbin drive gear. this is a common problem with sewing machines and is easy to fix.

There are few advantages to getting old, but experience gained is a big one.

PS. clean your keyboard with a vacume cleaner hose extension and then wipe them off with a wet type lense tissue. You might save a few bucks in the future.

Cleaning it with a vacuum is the last thing I want to do unless its an Anti-Static vacuum. I usually use compressed air.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
If your that worried about static use a wrist cuff on the metal end of the hose. Compressed air only blows moisture and particals further in, Actually I clean mine with a butterfly camera sensor cleaner. I use the damp lense tissues to remove surface oil.

WindHarvester

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker 2 - My eyes
Some of they guys that have been Married will chime in bud. :wink:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread