eBay scam part 3

tenseventyfive

Apr 25, 2010
My reply to those two posts:

Dear rspott53,

The ridiculousness of your reply and totally inappropriate analogy - whereas one refers to the color of something, and one to the composition of a precious metal item, shows me you are either a) experienced in trying to deceive people or b) not smart enough to realize when the game is up, so you will fight to the bitter end. Here's your options - we cancel the purchase on both sides, no harm, no foul. Or I go to eBay, report you for fraud - which you just verified by acknowledging you know the item you offer as "Silver" is clearly not, and help eBay go through all your prior listings to see how many times you have done such a thing. I am sure most people wont make an issue over $5 - and I could care less about that - but your crude scame and subsequent laughable indignant attitude - that I like to "screw" with people - make me want to follow up with the proper channels for the protection of the ebay community. I cant imagine why, when you KNOW youre wrong, you wouldnt just back off and not risk all that - what have *I* to lose? Perhaps Im forced to lay out $5 and then we both get a negative feedback? You, on the other hand, risk exposure for who knows how many other sketchy listings you have. Smarten up - settle the issue with me and go on your way.
- tenseventyfive

this is now 2/5 - he opens an "unpaid item" case against me (and my 100% RATING :p ) and sends me this :

Dear tenseventyfive,

And then when you're done here you will start bidding on gold Sacagawea dollars and waste those sellers' time. You will wear yourself out picking on items based on the keywords in the titles. A smart buyer knows what he is bidding on based on research and the description of the item, not the title, and you knew damn well that no 1976 D Ike ever had any silver in it and for 99 cents, only a something for nothing dreaming idiot would think he was buying "precious" metals! Stick with suspenders, you're safe there.
rspott53
so aside from admitting he's scamming people, he attempts to insult me - lol @ you, sir - con't post 4

centfladigger

Feb 6, 2008
Florida
he was fishing for suckers and caught one,lol he`s right on and has the right to sale what he wants, you also have the right not to bid. There will always be people like that out there.
it would have been alot easier to keep this under 1 thread and not start news one with each response

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
Quoted from the coinflation.com website.

". MINT SPECIFICATIONS
Denomination: $1.00
Obverse Image: Dwight D. Eisenhower, 34th President of the United States.
Reverse Image: 1971-1974, 1977-1978: Eagle flying over the moon holding an olive branch; tribute to the Apollo 11 mission.
1975-1976: Bicentennial design with the Liberty Bell in front of the moon (all were dated 1776-1976).
Metal Composition: 91.67% copper, 8.33% nickel
Total Weight: 22.68 grams
Comments: This was the first dollar coin released for general circulation not made of silver. [ ? ]"

I think the buyer is right. You cheated him on a coin that is worth $1 and he paid almost $5 for it thinking it was silver. Now from the messages, you are trying to twist it and seem like the seller did something wrong, when you clearly are both at fault.

Yet you are more at fault for posting a false item and saying it was silver. He is also at fault for not doing his research. I bought 10 coins off ebay all G-VG condition and that was even before I started collecting coins. Since then I have sticken to coin shops and have not bought a coin on ebay since.

I think you should stop posting false coin descriptions and post the right ones. If you need money, get a job. As for the other guy, he needs to research his coins before he bids on them. He also has to look at the shipping price.

Clearly you ripped him off and deserve to be reported.

Before you even think of saying that you bought the item, I looked up your tag and saw that you sold that poor man the item. I say you give him his $5 back. It's not worth getting over a dispute about it. Money is what you make it to be.

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I just happen to stumble upon this old thread. Now I understand why you cant leave bad feedback to a buyer. I hope they kicked you off eBay tenseventyfive for ruining this mans perfect rating not to mention the $5.

CA Gold Hunter

Nov 14, 2014
Northern California
Detector(s) used
White's TDI SL, Fors Gold+, Gold Monster 1000, 36" Bazooka Prospector, 30" Bazooka Sniper.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I just happen to stumble upon this old thread. Now I understand why you cant leave bad feedback to a buyer. I hope they kicked you off eBay tenseventyfive for ruining this mans perfect rating not to mention the $5.

I somehow doubt the op will ever see this post seeing as how this thread is 4 years old and the last time he posted on this site was 3 years ago...

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I somehow doubt the op will ever see this post seeing as how this thread is 4 years old and the last time he posted on this site was 3 years ago...
You never know. It may still notify the op by email and it still comes up on search. It came up on a search for me, I read it and I posted my 2 cents. Remember that TreasureNet postings are forever. It took me a while to learn this.

I thought it had interest because eBay has changed the feedback system and this is a good example why they changed it. I didnt check but its certainly possible the OP or rspott53 is still selling on eBay and if someone does a search on either, they will read this, just like I did..

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread