62.9 KB · Views: 253

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
where you get those? i need some for a kid I know -- she's 5 and loves "pirate treasure"

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
I have direct experience dealing with China. They are the counterfeit capital of the world. In fact, their own government encourages stealing technology and counterfeiting. A company I once dealt with, had spend millions on fighting a counterfeit computer chip that China had copied and started imported under a different name brand. The USA law says that once we win in the court, they can't import under that name again... so what do they do? They change the name and import under a different name. So, back to court to spend another million.... and it becomes and endless cycle of fighting the battle, but between each battle, they still make money on the imports that they have already sold.
That's why when I deal with people these days, I always tell them to be very carefull of there stuff. They WILL copy it. If it makes them just 10 cents per item sold, they'll sell millions and profit from it. Counterfeiting is in that culture. It's in that government.

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
ivan salis said:
where you get those? i need some for a kid I know -- she's 5 and loves "pirate treasure"

Sorry I'm slow getting back but lately our ISP has really had problems.

I got these off ebay last fall.

They actually are made in the U.S.A. (NOT China, etc.).

They're metal and heavy. Actually they look a LOT like the real thing with no COPY on them.

The company is: "Northwest Territorial Mint - P.O. Box 2148 - Auburn, WA 98071-2148"
It's their: "Pirate Coin Sets (2) Lg. (3) Sm."
Web: www.nwtmint.com
I got the set shipped for about $20 as I recall.
I plan to use them as props for a painting.

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
mikeofaustin said:
I have direct experience dealing with China. They are the counterfeit capital of the world. In fact, their own government encourages stealing technology and counterfeiting. A company I once dealt with, had spend millions on fighting a counterfeit computer chip that China had copied and started imported under a different name brand. The USA law says that once we win in the court, they can't import under that name again... so what do they do? They change the name and import under a different name. So, back to court to spend another million.... and it becomes and endless cycle of fighting the battle, but between each battle, they still make money on the imports that they have already sold.
That's why when I deal with people these days, I always tell them to be very carefull of there stuff. They WILL copy it. If it makes them just 10 cents per item sold, they'll sell millions and profit from it. Counterfeiting is in that culture. It's in that government.

This is true. China sends "tourists" here for the express purpose of stealing our ideas. They even show up at small craft shows and take pictures of items. This is one major reason why so many stores today don't allow taking pictures.
Personally I don't fault the Chineese for doing this. It's really just good business sense. I blame our stupid government for letting them rip us off. And our government knows full well what they're doing.
If an American were caught doing this in China he'd suddenly disappear. But on the other hand, most of what they have they stole from us. Or should I say, the political powers that be in this country gave it to them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions