spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a wild weekend so far. Today I went for a ride with my friend to hit one of the local indoor flea markets. Traffic was typical for a Saturday morning heading to Central NJ... Moderate to heavy! What makes matters worse is that the NJDOT loves to make weekend repairs and tie up traffic throughout the state.

You have to love when they are working on major highways and have lanes merge from 6 lanes to 3 lanes within a 2 mile stretch. Yeah, there are tons of jokes about NJ drivers, sadly enough, many are all too true. NJ drivers on the whole are an impatient bunch. Signage along any road barely means anything. If you see a yield sign, you barely slow down and stop signs are nothing more than a roadside ornament :tongue3:

We had been moving at a decent clip considering the traffic, but it started slowing down 1/2 mile before the first merge. I was in the second lane watching cars merge from the left into my lane. There was a white van ahead to my right also having to slow due to congestion ahead. All I saw was a blur from the emergency shoulder, it was another van flying up. The van side swiped the white van. Unfortunately the passenger was driving with his arm outside the window and it was severed from the impact. Both cars came to a screeching halt. The driver of the darker van was in shock and the passenger was too from what I could tell.

Just when you think it couldn't get worse it did. A few minutes later, a group of thugs in a little hopped up Honda Civic pulled alongside like they were going to help. The driver jumped out and grabbed the severed arm that had a watch and bracelet, back into his car and sped down the road..
The State Police were already near the scene and they took off after the Honda. We had to sit and wait for the emergency crew to clean up before they would let traffic go.

Once we started again, traffic flowed a good clip and we saw that the police did catch up to the Honda. The good thing is that they got these punks and arrested them for armed robbery.

The end.... For now :laughing7:

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Wow! Spart, That was terrible. I am glad they caught the thugs and that they will be punished for it.
I wonder how the guy is making out that lost his arm? You might never hear any more about it.
Seeing something like that happen to some one and then see some heartless person steal it is enough
to mess up your day.
Ray

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They'll get off in court..........the guy that lost the arm will never be able to point them out!

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow that was a wild weekend. I guess you can call those guys the arm banits......Matt

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
Terrible joke lol...i do like "one armed bandits" though! :laughing9:

Question though?..You said the PASSENGER was DRIVING with his arm OUT of the window? Shouldn't the driver have been driving with both arms INSIDE the window? :icon_scratch:

:tongue3:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dano Sverige said:
Question though?..You said the PASSENGER was DRIVING with his arm OUT of the window? Shouldn't the driver have been driving with both arms INSIDE the window? :icon_scratch:

:tongue3:
Dano,
Spart lives in NJ, where seeing the passenger driving with and arm hanging out the window is actually quite common, especially on a Fri or Sat night. :laughing7:

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bigscoop said:
Spart lives in NJ, where seeing the passenger driving with and arm hanging out the window is actually quite common, especially on a Fri or Sat night. :laughing7:

Like Bigscoop said, we live by a different set of rules here... Not unlike living in the Twilight Zone.

The sad part is that truth is stranger than fiction. You can see the full story somewhere from this link. I forgot the headline. :icon_scratch: It may have been "Long arm of the law helps accident victim"

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/accident/

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Wow! Ok. You got me. ! I fell for that like a ton of bricks. You guys all sure had a big laugh on me.
I never figured on that just being a city-slicker's joke. But that's all right. I got big shoulders. I can
take it. LOL. Spart, you will have to be on the look-out now. LOL.

You all have a good day and enjoy our overdue January thaw.

Also wishing everybody a sweet Valentine's Day.

Ray.

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
P.S. Bigscoop, that is how you tell a story. :P Except for he one little "faux pas" so kindly pointed out by that trouble making tough guy Dano. :laughing7:

I have a another great one, too bad I can't post it here, but if you act now for $3.95 and a stamp you too can have even a better story to tell your soon to be ex friends. :laughing9:

Unicorn

Nov 18, 2007
Birmingham
Primary Interest:
Other
I was just about to post....."why does everyone think this is funny".
Spartacus....you are so glib, I bet you are a barrel of laughs to be with.. :hello:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
spartacus53 said:
P.S. Bigscoop, that is how you tell a story. :P Except for he one little "faux pas" so kindly pointed out by that trouble making tough guy Dano. :laughing7:

I have a another great one, too bad I can't post it here, but if you act now for $3.95 and a stamp you too can have even a better story to tell your soon to be ex friends. :laughing9:

Spart, the last time I sent you $3.95 and a stamp you returned me a lemon sucker and one of those little gold stick on stars to put in the corner of my windshield. :icon_scratch:

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bigscoop said:
Spart, the last time I sent you $3.95 and a stamp you returned me a lemon sucker and one of those little gold stick on stars to put in the corner of my windshield. :icon_scratch:

That can well happen too, although for the most part I never mail anything back. I just needed stamps for some mail I had, so I guess no one is getting a remittance this month :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread