Time for the Brits to have their own revolution

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
After reading this farce isnt it time for the Brits to have their own revolution ?

Don’t put wire on your windows – it might hurt burglars! Villagers outraged after police order them not to protect garden sheds

Residents in Surrey and Kent villages have been ordered by police to remove wire mesh from their windows as burglars could be injured
Home owners in the villages of Tandridge and Tatsfield in Surrey and in Westerham, Brasted and Sundridge in Kent have said they are furious that they are being branded 'criminals' for protecting their property.
Locals had reinforced their windows with wire mesh after a series of shed thefts but were told by community police officers that the wire was 'dangerous' and could lead to criminals claiming compensation if they 'hurt themselves'.Surrey Police have defended the move but outraged residents have attacked the force for seemingly trying to protect criminals.

Thomas Cooper, of Tatsfield, Surrey, said he put the mesh around three of his garden sheds after two break-ins over the past four years.

He said he decided to take action after reports of a rise in shed burglaries in the area near the Kent and Surrey border.

'I have three sheds and had two break-ins in the past four years,' Mr Cooper explained.

'I reinforced my shed windows with wire mesh, but was told by the police I had to be very careful because thieves can actually sue you if they get hurt.

'"I mean, what are you meant to do? Let them take your stuff? It is ridiculous that the law protects them even though they are breaking it.Last month mother-of-three Samantha Cullum had her entire shed pinched in the village of Brasted, near Sevenoaks in Kent, when thieves simply lifted it onto a truck in the dead of night.

'We had some tools stolen every now and again, but this time they took the entire shed - I couldn't believe it.'

Tatsfield homeowner Dave Bishop labelled the police advice 'unbelievable' and said people should be allowed to protect their property.

Crime reduction officer for Tandridge PC John Lee commented: 'We are constantly advising homeowners to protect their property and the contents of their shed or garage, however, a commonsense approach needs to be taken.

'To properly secure your sheds, Surrey Police strongly advises people to invest in items such as good-quality locks and bolts, and not to resort to homemade devices, as this could cause injury.'
A police source added: 'Homemade devices can cause injury and there have been cases where criminals have sued for injuries they have suffered while committing a criminal act.
'We are advising people to do whatever they can to protect their property, but wire mesh is not one of the suggestions we would make.'

Westfront

Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its not only that....there are a lot more things here in europe wrong. Things You wouldnt believe..... :-\

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Sad to say but nowadays i'll pretty much believe any and all the @#&$$%^ going around >:( :(

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hence, the rationale behind making sure they don't live...so they can't sue.

Just get and use really big Klingon cutlery in your kitchen if guns are unavailable ::)

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I kind of like the idea of a Burmese jungle pit just inside the shed door :laughing7: then all you have to do is fill it back in ;D

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No comment............
after sitting here for 20 minutes trying to put my response into words fit for this forum. SmileySuicide.gif

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
diggummup said:
No comment............
after sitting here for 20 minutes trying to put my response into words fit for this forum.

:laughing7:

Cognitive Dissonance: a contradictory mental state: a state of psychological conflict or anxiety resulting from a contradiction between a person's simultaneously held beliefs, attitudes and expectations

In other words, "I can't believe it." It is amazing and contradictory that this has come to pass.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well that kind of explains a few things I have wondered,but I digress.They think our country is so wrong???? :icon_scratch:WOW!!!I truly dont get it!!

BuffaloBob

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2005
Rocky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold Coil
deteknixXpointer Probe
Minelab Ex-Terra 70
White's Classic II
2014-2015 Colorado Gold Camp Prospector
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here's the new article:
BB

"Don’t put wire on your windows – it might hurt burglars! Villagers outraged after police order them not to protect garden sheds

By Daily Mail Reporter
Last updated at 3:15 AM on 13th February 2011

Residents in Surrey and Kent villages have been ordered by police to remove wire mesh from their windows as burglars could be injured.

Home owners in the villages of Tandridge and Tatsfield in Surrey and in Westerham, Brasted and Sundridge in Kent have said they are furious that they are being branded 'criminals' for protecting their property.

Locals had reinforced their windows with wire mesh after a series of shed thefts but were told by community police officers that the wire was 'dangerous' and could lead to criminals claiming compensation if they 'hurt themselves'.
'Dangerous': Police have told villagers that wire mesh protecting their windows could hurt burglars and lead to lawsuits

'Dangerous': Police have told villagers that wire mesh protecting their windows could hurt burglars and lead to lawsuits

Surrey Police have defended the move but outraged residents have attacked the force for seemingly trying to protect criminals.

Thomas Cooper, of Tatsfield, Surrey, said he put the mesh around three of his garden sheds after two break-ins over the past four years.

He said he decided to take action after reports of a rise in shed burglaries in the area near the Kent and Surrey border.

'I have three sheds and had two break-ins in the past four years,' Mr Cooper explained.

'I reinforced my shed windows with wire mesh, but was told by the police I had to be very careful because thieves can actually sue you if they get hurt.

'"I mean, what are you meant to do? Let them take your stuff? It is ridiculous that the law protects them even though they are breaking it.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...order-protect-garden-sheds.html#ixzz1E5LyRTpR

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
Ah Kuger...nobody ever said our countries were better than yours....just that yours is worse! :wink:

I thought you Americans were all big on "constitutional rights" and "all men are equal" etc etc? criminals are men (or women) and usually citizens of that country, so they have the same rights as you...right?
This is the type of thing that happens when you have "Democracy"! and especially when you follow the USA aka "the great sue nation". :)

(It's ridiculous! I'm all for having those cars like in south Africa that have hidden flame throwers along each side that fry carjackers!!
Also, we were dropping Romans and others into spike filled pits and planting bear type traps thousands of years ago. We don't need no steeeeenkeeen guns!) :tongue3:

Bubba707

Dec 28, 2010
N E Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
DFX, AT Pro, Vaquero, Cortes
Ok, the cops don't want you puting wire over the windows. Weld up a grid of rebar and bolt that over the windows.

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dano Sverige said:
Ah Kuger...nobody ever said our countries were better than yours....just that yours is worse! :wink:

I thought you Americans were all big on "constitutional rights" and "all men are equal" etc etc? criminals are men (or women) and usually citizens of that country, so they have the same rights as you...right?
This is the type of thing that happens when you have "Democracy"! and especially when you follow the USA aka "the great sue nation". :)

(It's ridiculous! I'm all for having those cars like in south Africa that have hidden flame throwers along each side that fry carjackers!!
Also, we were dropping Romans and others into spike filled pits and planting bear type traps thousands of years ago. We don't need no steeeeenkeeen guns!) :tongue3:

Quite correct. You could always talk them to death. Lol...j/k Dano!

The villagers should start ripping off the police station and either hurt themselves doing it and sue the police, or make the police "beef-up" their own security. Turn the tables on this type of thinking.

In the end, it seems that it is a great way to make all people, law-abiding and criminal alike, peasants of no distinction.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dano Sverige said:

Just keep telling yourself that Dano,I guess thats why you are there and I here,and judging from what I know of you,and your country thank GOD!!!!!!!
At least here my ability to protect myself and my family lies in my hands and not to depend on somebody else.I think that gloomy weather over there makes you folks delusional!!

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I think many countries need to follow what Egypt did, including us. It's spreading like wild fire

You got that right crazy :thumbsup: Its coming ,only a matter of time. The dumba$$es in power will end up doing something that is well beyond stupid and that will be the straw that broke the camels back. Dano if you want to break into my house youre more than welcome to. Getting in is easy, getting back out will be a whole different story.Any country that cares more for the criminals rights than an honest citizens rights has some serious problems. Basically called the idiots in charge. Time for a change dont you think? ;D

Bubba707

Dec 28, 2010
N E Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
DFX, AT Pro, Vaquero, Cortes
It's lawyers that are the problem. I think it was Mark Twain that said "If it weren't for lawyers we wouldn't need any."

S

Smee

texastee2007 said:
Dano Sverige said:

Their rights end where the law begins. If they break the law...they should loose their rights...a very simple principle.

TT, thank you for stating the obvious. Unfortunately, some can't get their heads around the concept. Could they actually be criminals masquerading as upstanding forum members?

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
texastee2007 said:
Dano Sverige said:

Their rights end where the law begins. If they break the law...they should loose their rights...a very simple principle.

As Bubba stated...the lawyers tend to make a LOT of money by proving (or trying) statements like yours wrong hun....unfortunately.
Rodney King broke the law. In your world he lost his rights. So...why all the hullabaloo about what happened next?
There's a reason the police read criminals "their rights" isn't there?

What part of this can't you get your head around Smee? (and are you insinuating i'm a closet criminal? Lol, pretty weak if so.)

Kuger...like Red James, you're assuming you'll actually be around when your family needs protecting or your house is burgled. Does this mean you both never leave the rocking chairs in front of the tv, and still cradle your guns while doing all the household chores? lol.

If i'm going to rob your house Red James, then i wait until i know you're going out for at least a couple of hours, NOT at 3am. In a country of so many gun owners this should be compulsory thinking for burglars.I guess the intellect levels are different over there?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread