Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
home invaders take $750,000 in silver

A Chilliwack man says he is traumatized after he was punched, stabbed and tied up by home-invading thieves who made off with his life savings in silver bars.

The two thugs, wearing what he described as fake police uniforms, unloaded a vault and spirited away with $750,000 in silver the man had bought as an investment last year.

The 52-year-old victim, still shaking after the robbery at his Imperial Street home on Feb. 9, now wonders who among his friends or acquaintances is behind the brazen midday theft.

Read more: http://www.theprovince.com/cars/Chi...+take+silver/4296387/story.html#ixzz1EKgKUeyb

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
Re: home invaders take $750,000 in silver

Rule # 2...don't keep it at home!!

Rule # 3...have many tnet members as friends and neighbours, so they and their guns can be of use in such emergencies!

dirt doctor

Aug 31, 2006
California Bay Area

Dano Sverige said:
Rule # 2...don't keep it at home!!

Rule # 3...have many tnet members as friends and neighbours, so they and their guns can be of use in such emergencies!

Did I say 5th rate comedian ? I guess I have to give you a little better than that and admit that I couldn't stop laughing after reading your rule #3 . Still not ready for long swims and kisses though .You bring out the best in people lol . I now have an idea why you you carried that Berretta 9 you probably had a lot of folks pissed at you .

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II

I have my moments Dirt mate lol. And yeah, when you're as misunderstood as i tend to be then a gun is a great asset!! ;D

WindHarvester

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker 2 - My eyes

That is sad!

I did notice this:

"They may have been in a white sedan, possibly a Toyota Camry or Pontiac G6."

To me that seems like a lot of weight for a compact car. :dontknow:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hmmmm, I am questioning this whole article :icon_scratch: It seems to me this robbery took place in Canada, and their money isn't worth as much as ours... And yet it looks like they printed the value in USD instead of Canadian funny money :laughing7:

Does anyone here own a car with that description?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread