I have a complaint....lol

oldgoat

Oct 21, 2008
In my sixty years of being around, I have become an incurable collector....its an addiction that I have never found a twelve step program for. T-net and the posted pics and the dedicated collectors have made my addiction worse...The bad part is that my daughter and grandchildren have been infected also....when I was convalesing from a major wreck, my daughter would take me out to creekbanks to collect rocks and fossils, my next wife has been infected and can't wait to go to some of the areas that I hunted...I collect arrowheads and fossils and now rocks and anything else that strikes my mind as being something cool.....just recently got a MD and now I have a new addiction......HELP!

M

MiniMe

There is no cure.. :laughing7:..once you start you can't stop...you're only mission is to collect some great treasure and meet some really good people doing it. Enjoy!

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I did hear of one guy being cured, but it was only by way of an extremely tough event that he finally called it quits. The story went something like this;

Like you, the guy was an incurable collector of things, he'd follow any lead that he stumbled onto if he thought there was any truth to the tale at all. One day he heard a tale about a lost fortune in the Nevada desert and in a matter of days he was on his way to that very desert. Well, to make a long story short this guiy ended up finding that treasure and for the next three days he tried his best to drag that heavy saddle bag full of gold and jewels out of the desert until he was finally out of food and water and he decided he could drag it no more, saving his own life was now priority number one. So this guy buried that saddle bag full of treasure near an odd shaped cactus and he further marked it's location with a small pile of red colored rocks. By the time he was rescued he was nearly dead and he spent the next two months in the hospital healing from the dehydration and skin burns, finally his kidneys started working again and it was determined that he would live. But this guy left that hospital totally cured of his collecting disorder and he never went back to look for that lost treasure again. As far as I know it's still out there, buried near that odd shaped cactus and that small pile of red colored rocks. Hope this totally true story helps you to kick the habit! :thumbsup:

S

Smee

oldgoat said:
. . .my next wife has been infected and can't wait to go to some of the areas that I hunted...I collect arrowheads and fossils and now rocks and anything else that strikes my mind as being something cool.....just recently got a MD and now I have a new addiction......HELP!
My wife has the same problem. Will make me pull off the road if she sees some rocks that strike her fancy . . . at least she is doing something "constructive" with them. For instance, she saw a rabbit in this rock . . . I didn't :dontknow:

02_800.jpg

Now if she could just figure out how much she wants for 'em . . . http://www.artmenagerie.com/rocks.html

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Like you, the guy was an incurable collector of things, he'd follow any lead that he stumbled onto if he thought there was any truth to the tale at all. One day he heard a tale about a lost fortune in the Nevada desert and in a matter of days he was on his way to that very desert. Well, to make a long story short this guiy ended up finding that treasure and for the next three days he tried his best to drag that heavy saddle bag full of gold and jewels out of the desert until he was finally out of food and water and he decided he could drag it no more, saving his own life was now priority number one. So this guy buried that saddle bag full of treasure near an odd shaped cactus and he further marked it's location with a small pile of red colored rocks. By the time he was rescued he was nearly dead and he spent the next two months in the hospital healing from the dehydration and skin burns, finally his kidneys started working again and it was determined that he would live. But this guy left that hospital totally cured of his collecting disorder and he never went back to look for that lost treasure again. As far as I know it's still out there, buried near that odd shaped cactus and that small pile of red colored rocks. Hope this totally true story helps you to kick the habit!

I guess the guy didnt plan his little expedition right.

OP
OP
oldgoat

oldgoat

Oct 21, 2008
Smee said:
oldgoat said:
. . .my next wife has been infected and can't wait to go to some of the areas that I hunted...I collect arrowheads and fossils and now rocks and anything else that strikes my mind as being something cool.....just recently got a MD and now I have a new addiction......HELP!
My wife has the same problem. Will make me pull off the road if she sees some rocks that strike her fancy . . . at least she is doing something "constructive" with them. For instance, she saw a rabbit in this rock . . . I didn't :dontknow:

02_800.jpg

Now if she could just figure out how much she wants for 'em . . . http://www.artmenagerie.com/rocks.html
Hey Smee, those rocks will sell for a pretty good sized penny if you market them right, i.e. the pet rock...lol.
try the fleamarkets in your area or put some on commission at your local antique mall....seen them marked for 25 to 35 dollars a piece.....btw, tell her nice job....goat

OP
OP
oldgoat

oldgoat

Oct 21, 2008
"only help is death"....heard that the devil has a special area for MD'ers....all you hear is that nice clear gold tone and pull out pulltabs.....lol

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oldgoat said:
"only help is death"....heard that the devil has a special area for MD'ers....all you hear is that nice clear gold tone and pull out pulltabs.....lol

Sort of puts a whole new spin on, "I'll be keeping tabs on you." :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread