Detector(s) used
ex 1000 surfmaster pi

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Personally I would fiberglass it. Get a small piece of fiberglass cloth, a small can of resin and some hardener and you're all set. Just pay attention to the ambient temperature and how much hardener you add to the resin. You can apply the liquid with a small brush and you can add another layer after the first one hardens. Will even be sandable. Good luck.

Daedalus

Feb 2, 2011
Strafford , Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT / MineLab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can use any non metal based epoxy to patch the hole. Just remember that when you do this the epoxy will bond and will not come off what every you patched.
Be sure to check the epoxy as there are a few brands that have a flake metal in the epoxy to help give it strength . And that will not be good.

I have used some of the 5 minute epoxy and it works well , but it is not water proof . The ones that are water proof take up to 24 hours to dry .
Also there is a epoxy that is two solids and you mix the two and just push it into the hole and then form it to the shape that you need . That is the one I have been using and so far it has worked great .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread