The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I start tomorrow and will do 40 hours a week in perpetuity, unless the fickle finger of fate screws it up. Gotta be there 8:30AM...will be second programmer for small family owned business at about 2/3rds of what I was making before, but, hey, I took it in a millisecond.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats are in order Beep :headbang: I know what it's been like too, unemployed for just over 2 years, with no unemployment either. I just landed a consulting gig, that I hope turns into full employment. They didn't want to opt for the FT yet, because of all the taxes involved. It's easier to pay me on a 1090 and have me deal with the IRS at the end of he year. This is 25% of where I have been, and I didn't hesitate to grab this opportunity either. I just afraid that I will develop the sales and the operation set-up and get the boot in the end. :laughing7:

If that is the case you'll be seeing me on Americas Most Wanted, and the following week on Cops :laughing9:

Daedalus

Feb 2, 2011
Strafford , Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT / MineLab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm glad that you got a job , any job . It is getting harder and harder to find work no matter what is said on the news.
At least that will be one worry off your mind . Good luck !

OP
OP
The Beep Goes On

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks! It isn't perfect...no insurance, but good IRA. I'm going to have to look for some good group insurance with them, or elswhere.

It was a total of... 2 years, 3 months, 28 days. I did take 6 months (10K) unemployment initially, but did not re-up with the extension when I could have. I figured I got out what I put in over the years.

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Hey beep, Congratulations on getting the work. I'm glad you have it, and like you said it is a lot better than
being out of work. Hope it works out good for you.

I have been down that road (Being out of work) and it is not fun. Twice I had good jobs that I considered
staying with until retirement, but the first one went bankrupt, and a few years later the other sold the
business and let all the help go because the new company just wanted the equipment. It can be quite a
struggle getting back on your feet again.

Spart that sounds good from you, too. glad that you have some work now , too From the looks of your jobs,
it looks like both of you have lots of smarts.

Wishing you both the best of luck with your new employment

Ray

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright: From chug :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft: From Red

WTG on the job good luck ;D ;D ;D

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Beep Goes On said:
Thanks! It isn't perfect...no insurance, but good IRA. I'm going to have to look for some good group insurance with them, or elswhere.

It was a total of... 2 years, 3 months, 28 days. I did take 6 months (10K) unemployment initially, but did not re-up with the extension when I could have. I figured I got out what I put in over the years.

Congrats Beep!!! :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright: Look on the bright side. You might be able to make contacts that'll lead to a better offer or at least maybe some consulting contacts. At least you're on the flat now, not going uphill wondering if it'll ever get any better! Again Congrats!

OP
OP
The Beep Goes On

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
First day was good...looks like it should prove to be a good job with good people. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread