The Scariest pathway in Spain

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Here is a video of a man-made pathway up a mountain. Once you start watching you won't want to stop
until it is finished. Think about the construction men that mixed the concrete, hauled the materials, cut
and welded the base frames, built and then removed the concrete forms. Hopefully they were all able to
go to their homes every night.
The email is written s follows....

Subject... Mountain Trail in Spain.

The entrances to this trail is closed but not policed, It was built in the 1920's for hydro workers. There is
no rail, but there is a chain to hold onto. But it doesn't hold much and several people have fallen to their
deaths. This is an amazing walk. It should have you on the edge of your seat, possibly even feeling slightly
dizzy. It's 6 minutes long and should be watched till the very end.

To intensify the experience, click on the full screen button ( middle button that looks like 4 arrows on the
lower right hand side of the screen when the player comes up) It's enough to make you nauseous, especially
when you consider that it was filmed by someone who made the hike carrying a video camera while he
did it.

http://www.angelfire.com/ak2/intelligencerreport/scariest_path.html

OP
OP
Ray S S

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Yeah, mixing the concrete and pouring it would have been awful tricky. I wonder what they were standing on while they
were standing on to do the construction. Probably nowdays they wouldn't even be able to get anybody to do it. Nobody
would be able to afford to pay workers enough to do a job like that. One little slip and you would never be able to enjoy
anymore home cooked meals. LOL.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ray S S said:
Yeah, mixing the concrete and pouring it would have been awful tricky. I wonder what they were standing on while they
were standing on to do the construction. Probably nowdays they wouldn't even be able to get anybody to do it. Nobody
would be able to afford to pay workers enough to do a job like that. One little slip and you would never be able to enjoy
anymore home cooked meals. LOL.

If it were being built here in the U.S. it'd never have gotten past the plans with OSHA, inspectors, & a half dozen other agencies involved, not to mention the unions. ::) ;D

chkn

Apr 12, 2010
It looks like it used to have railing all the way up but it's all in disrepair. I noticed the cable they'd latch themselves to wasnt there in many places. I can't believe the way the guy plowed past one of the other guys on the outside. I'd never make it. :o

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing, thanks for sharing.

Fossis...............

TheDane

Nov 3, 2005
DENMARK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP-Deus, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, my legs hurt just watching that video ! :o

Daedalus

Feb 2, 2011
Strafford , Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT / MineLab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to wonder how many people have fallen to there death when the walk way collapsed from the rotten concrete ?

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gotta admit the guy had stones, walking up to the edge of those holes not knowing if there's cracks underneath and the piece he's standing on is the next to go.

What did the last guy to fall say?

Geromi oooooohhhhhhhhh nooooooooo ;D :laughing7:

Hey? Where's all the base jumpers?

OP
OP
Ray S S

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
boogeyman, you are right there about OSHA. They would definitely prevent such a ridiculous platform to be built.

chkn Yup, that is a suicide trail There are just too many places where the cement could cave way under you feet
I can't even imagine anyone being stupid enough to attempt to walk that trail. LOL.

fossis and thank you for your reply.

The Dane, :laughing7:

Daedalus Must have been several of them . All along the way the footing is all broken and could break off at
any point.

boogeyman, I would think that they would blast the bottom section off so no one would be able to get to
the rest of it. That would save any problems. People couldn't fall off it if they couldn't get on it to start. :laughing9:

Thank you for all your replies.

Ray

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions