how did you pick your treasurenet name?

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
A place I hunted for, for years, and have never found
an artifact from
yet........................................ ;)

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Was thinking about a name and how the detector beeps and the song "The Beat Goes On" popped into my head and there you go...

TBGO

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
ive been using this one all over the internet fo a while.

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Nickname since I was very young. Guess you could say I didn't pick it, it picked me. :)

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I searched through avatars.....and picked Mona Lisa, because my name is Lisa, I love art, and I love Mona's smile.......like she has a secret. ::)

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked mine to honor my grandfather, it just happens to be my name too?
Ed Donovan

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
Ive used the name Aggressive Perfector for years playing online first person shooter games, anybody play Medal of Honor Spearhead? It describes my gaming technique perfectly, & I am an aggressive guy in life in general. When I signed up for the game Battlefeild2 about a year ago My name was too long so I went to MightyAP. Been using it ever since. "Aggressive Perfector" is the name of a song..........I wonder if anybody here knows by whom. lol

ericwt

Feb 8, 2004
First real name, middle and last name initials.

That was people from my past know who I am.

Small letters because I am lazy about that.

ericwt

grizzly bare

Aug 30, 2005
Warrenton, VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett CX II/Sovereign SX-2a Pro/Quattro
When I was a toddler I couldn't keep my didies on, family started calling me Barry (Short for Bare A$$ED Nekkid)
Now that I am old and gray, grizzly just got added to it.

grizzly bare

Jim Johnson

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wetgreenie said:
Blew my nose? :-\

LOL!

Mine is just the first initial of my first and last name. I was never very creative.
I wanted to use "scratch" because thats what I do to a lot of my best and most valuable coins, but that name was already taken. ::)

chuckered

Sep 18, 2004
bremerton washington
Well back in drinking days I use to drink a drink called a chucker, there was about 6 Eds that go there, ! was 1800 ed {Tequia} Newspaper ed , A**Hole Ed, and more, so my favorite Bartender, Linda. nickedname me Chuckered. And if you want to know what a Chucker is Its a shot of Vodka, shot of Kahlua, all in a 16 ounce glass, then fill almost full of Pepsi,float in liberal amount half and half {according to your own taste} Then last float a liberal amount of Galliano Liqueur on the top {according to taste} It taste just about like a rootbeer float but with a heck of a kick.

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
I had just started working for an ambulance service and asking a lot of questions about this and that. Finally one guy said, "You know what you are, your Chicken Hawk" The name has since stuck. The guy who gave me the name was Cabbage Head. (CHKNHAK = short for Chicken Hawk).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread