I WAS ATTACKED THIS MORNING

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I got an E-Mail from amazon requesting feedback on some book sales. While posting the feedback one of my security systems posted a notice that they had blocked an attack by:
Risk name-HTTP Fake AV webb page request 1
Att. Comp.-PRE4sys.com{212.124.113.110,80}
Attackers URL-pre4sys.com/stats_is_e.php?id=162635817
Any of you savvy computer guys have any idea what this is?
Frank

WindHarvester

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker 2 - My eyes
I'm sure Beep will be around, he's the man when it comes to these crazy machines.

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Did you buy some books from them? As a rule of thumb for me.........any request, e-mail or any other suspicious activity is ignored and noithing sent back to anyone!!!!! I always tell my wife that if you don't know the person or where it came from leave it alone and delete it. Too many crafty people out in this world fishing for your vital info..........period!!

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
crazyjarhead said:
Did you buy some books from them? As a rule of thumb for me.........any request, e-mail or any other suspicious activity is ignored and noithing sent back to anyone!!!!! I always tell my wife that if you don't know the person or where it came from leave it alone and delete it. Too many crafty people out in this world fishing for your vital info..........period!!

:thumbsup: :notworthy: Same practice here!

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
This notice was from my Roxy antivirus software and merelisted the threat. I was wondering if anyone had heard of that address but I guess it is probably fake.

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Frankn said:
This notice was from my Roxy antivirus software and merelisted the threat. I was wondering if anyone had heard of that address but I guess it is probably fake.

I use Kaspersky and my computer is attacked several times a day. It also flashes a menu that tells you the IP address. The last IP address I tracked was Africa. This is a common place for hackers' and schemers to originate from. My guess is that it's address is spoofed. It is such a common occurance that I don't even pay attention to it anymore. Thanks for good virus protection programs

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions