SeaninNH

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2010
New Hampshire USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
With that many page views they really should put up a google ad banner on the bottom of the pages. They would make a LOT of cash from it.

Whether they charge members to sell or not.... Cash is cash and that would generate a lot of income for the website.

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A friend of mine owns a fishing forum and he is in the RED!!!

Well, there is your reason to know why a membership might be asked for. Why should Marc or anyone else pay for us to have a forum?

I'm pretty sure that the "thought" that Tnet was sold is because we were told onsite, here, that Marc might have a buyer or investor, and I still have my email note from Marc. But, what does that matter? Why would anyone want to pay for us to have a forum - you don't want to pay to have a forum for yourself, but someone else should pay for thousands of people to have a forum???

I'm sorry, I appreciate the time I spend here.

Beth

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
jeff of pa said:
mikeofaustin said:
I don't pay any dues at all... but IF I personally had a post that was deleted, I would immediately blame the new owners...

Mike I Don't Know where You get your Information,
But there are no New Owners

Sorry dude. Perhaps I was not in the moment before, but I thought that people actually bought the site... This was many months ago. Perhaps I read it wrong, or perhaps I was in another world.... (but really, didn't you sell this site to another company? Am I crazy, or did something "along those lines" occur?). You have me questioning my own troubled mind now.

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MikeofAustin,

You aren't losing your mind.

This is a post we all read back on May 14, 2010

This is Marc Austin... creator and [email protected].

TreasureNet is the oldest and most popular treasure hunting site on the Net... we have over 40,000 members... have been online since 1994, and are consistently ranked in the top 80,000 of ALL websites in the world. With BILLIONS of websites, I guess it's safe to say, TreasureNet is in the top .008%!

In the next few days, there is a good chance that TreasureNet will have a new owner and management.

This is happening because I NEED a chunk of cash - not because I WANT to sell it. I am having to accept a LOW BALL offer out of necessity. :-(

Whatever happens, I just wanted to say thanks for visiting TreasureNet. Without our many members and visitors, TreasureNet would not have been possible

Beth

OP
OP
Vodka1000

Vodka1000

Apr 21, 2007
Ok, ok, ok !!!
I'm ready I guess $20 bucks a year is not bad
I can sell here - and add my own website.
Who do I have to pay and how??
:icon_thumright:

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vodka, Click "Profile", Click "Paid Memberships
Become a Charter Member!"

If you need help, contact one of the Mods.

Daedalus

Feb 2, 2011
Strafford , Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT / MineLab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Money is tight for just about all of us here at T-Net , and being on a fixed income I see it more than most . But I agree with what Marc did as to what happened .
The Site had a rush of new people posting and selling and a few of them were ripping off the members . They came here so they could sell or do what they do for free and not put anything back into what I think is the best site of this type on the Net .

I managed to come up with the money amount of 20.00 U.S.D and yes I had to cut something else to do this.
But I want to be a part of this site so I put my money where my mouth is and bought a years membership .

And it did not take long to see some of the ones who were misusing this site as the griping and the sort started , I am leaving and not coming back , well ok you only had 5 post and it was to sell something so you will not be missed .

We did not lose anything like some members did and some of the better dealers lost also. One of them is one I do not want to see gone as he does all he can to help the ones of us here who do not have much money be able to get a very good detector by working with them on the payments . Dealers like this are far and few between ! So lets do not lose them to scammer's .
He was taken by one of these clowns who seem to use everyone around them to get what they want for nothing and leave and do not give a care that they have harmed someone by doing what they did . And this type of person hurts us all in the long run.

I have to wonder how may members at T-Net have been taken in the last few months or so, that have not said a word about what happened to them . I bet there are a few here that have not stated how they were ripped off by some of these non paying flash by and get what they want members, or sellers who took the money from a member buyer and ran .

Yes it cost a little money now to have the privilege to sell items on this site , but it is nothing close to what one would have to pay at the Major auction Sites , each time you sell an item I might add .
I like the thought that the owner of this site thought enough of it's members to do something to try to help protect them from scammer's . Something he did not have to do by the way , and it does not hurt to help support this site that we all use almost daily . At least I do not thing it does .

OP
OP
Vodka1000

Vodka1000

Apr 21, 2007
River Rat said:

Done - now somebody please restore all my for sale posts !!!
::)

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Restoring all your previous posts. Thanks for becoming a CM!!

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vodka1000 said:
River Rat said:

Done - now somebody please restore all my for sale posts !!!
::)

:laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: Had to do it Derek, Welcome to the CM's

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really don't get the money is tight thing unless these people need to sell their detectors. If someone can't afford a Charter membership they surely can't afford to be buying detecting equipment on the classifieds!

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
What do you do with all your clad trhoughout the year, or sell some silver or gold........NGE

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
Everyone seems to be forgetting a major anomaly here... I lost a year somewhere!!! Where did it go? I remember it as only about 4 months ago. I'm losing it.

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
DD-777 said:
Think of it this way - $20.00 a year turns out to be less than five cents a day. You can go to your local tot-lot and detect many times that amount in a week... :icon_thumright:

Yes, I suppose I can start digging the penny beeps. You reminded me of a day when I hit a section of land where a certain spot had a penny in every yard of ground. I was there for about 30 minutes before I started saying, "Forget this. Someone threw their penny jar in the air a long time ago, and I won't be a part of their troubled nature".... and I walked about 50 feet away and started again. Pennies... ARGH!!!

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey - dig those pennies - you never know.

About, oh, 6 or 7 years ago - I was digging penny after penny, after penny - it was a new spot, (and quite a ways from home), and I really wanted to keep checking.

Low and behold, I got a penny hit - and I dug it, and there was almost a whole roll of pennies in the hole (really weird, stacked up, just like someone had dug a hole and piled them up-all wheaties) - and, at the bottom? A silver half dollar.

I dig everything.

Beth

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
mrs.oroblanco said:
Hey - dig those pennies - you never know.

About, oh, 6 or 7 years ago - I was digging penny after penny, after penny - it was a new spot, (and quite a ways from home), and I really wanted to keep checking.

Low and behold, I got a penny hit - and I dug it, and there was almost a whole roll of pennies in the hole (really weird, stacked up, just like someone had dug a hole and piled them up-all wheaties) - and, at the bottom? A silver half dollar.

I dig everything.

Beth
Thats very cool. I cant help but wonder what the 'finder' on your coil said is was? I've never thought about that type of thing before.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread