Why all my posts are gone and closed

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm assuming you are talking about the Classified area. Please read Marc's new terms. I'm not sure about the others but I waited a week after Marc posted this in case anyone wanted to do a Charter Membership, then they wouldn't have to re-post their ads.

This post is at the top of every Classified section/board.
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,386057.0.html

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vodka1000 said:
Got it it's all about money - :dontknow:
:icon_scratch:
:o
I wouldn't go that far. I believe there was some scamming going on by new members. I live pretty much month to month and I pay my dues on this site because I believe in it and it's worth it. You should do the same. IMHO

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
See things that change post.

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vodka1000,

You are right - it is all about the money - the thousands of dollars that folks here have recently lost due to some bad folks.

By getting a charter membership, this site has information that could help stop some of the scammers - or at least track them down better.

You'd think that would be appreciated.

In fact - you can pay much less than 5 bucks a month if you just get a yearly membership.

Beth

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
diggummup said:
Vodka1000 said:
I wouldn't go that far. I believe there was some scamming going on by new members. I live pretty much month to month and I pay my dues on this site because I believe in it and it's worth it. You should do the same. IMHO

I don't pay any dues at all... but IF I personally had a post that was deleted, I would immediately blame the new owners... BUT - BUT, then I would also take a few seconds to learn why they did it, in hopes to find that they didn't do it just because they are a bunch of pencil pooh-poohs (a world remembered from my elementary days in school), but that they probably did it with good reasons. You see, when a takeover occurs, its' easy to blame the CEO, especially if your laid off.... but in this case, the CEO, hasn't necessarily done anything "Knowingly wrong". And, in fact, I suspect that if they were to make a mistake by a snap judgment, they would do what is right and fix it.
In all, I have faith in fellow mankind that has the desire to procure a site dedicated to old treasure seekers like us....I've been to other sites where immaturity runs rabid. In all, the 'CEO', just might actually find this a personal hobby too, and might even post some of his own finds here (hope so).

So, in all, lets hope that whatever happened will cure itself with the right words.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mikeofaustin said:
I don't pay any dues at all... but IF I personally had a post that was deleted, I would immediately blame the new owners... BUT - BUT, then I would also take a few seconds to learn why they did it, in hopes to find that they didn't do it just because they are a bunch of pencil pooh-poohs (a world remembered from my elementary days in school), but that they probably did it with good reasons. You see, when a takeover occurs, its' easy to blame the CEO, especially if your laid off.... but in this case, the CEO, hasn't necessarily done anything "Knowingly wrong". And, in fact, I suspect that if they were to make a mistake by a snap judgment, they would do what is right and fix it.
In all, I have faith in fellow mankind that has the desire to procure a site dedicated to old treasure seekers like us....I've been to other sites where immaturity runs rabid. In all, the 'CEO', just might actually find this a personal hobby too, and might even post some of his own finds here (hope so).

So, in all, lets hope that whatever happened will cure itself with the right words.
:icon_scratch: :dontknow: :icon_scratch:I wasn't aware that we are under new ownership? Where did you get this information? Before rumors get started. :help:

SeaninNH

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2010
New Hampshire USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would have made it so people with over 100 posts can post in the classified section, but that's me.

Money is tight and with 2 kids and a wife to take care of, living on 1 salary, even $5 a month or $20 a year is a lot to me right now.

Just my .02

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vodka1000 said:

It isn't about the money, several members here were recently scammed by people who come here, make a few posts then sell, and either didn't deliver, or item was not as advertised and would not make it right or even respond. Marc, who still owns the website as far as I know decided to make it so you had to be a charter member to sell, it protects all of us.

You can pay for charter membership by the month for $5.00 a month and stop at any time or pay by the year for $20. Either way the fees are still less than you would pay through EBay, their fees are currently 9% plus the cost of posting the auction.....

I can understand money being tight as well, my wifes hours are cut down to almost nothing, I was off work for 6 months due to an on the job injury and workmens comp is a sham, it does not take care of the worker.....pays 66 2/3 your salary...

$5 a month is $1.25 a week, .25 cents a day.
$20 a year is .38 cents a week, .05 1/2 cents a day.....

If someone wants to sell something for a one time sale surely they can come up with $5.00 for a single month's dues so they can sell it.......

I will help anyone who wants to join but does not want to use paypal or their credit card, I will use my paypal and they just send me a money order......I have done this many times for many members.....

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mikeofaustin said:
I don't pay any dues at all... but IF I personally had a post that was deleted, I would immediately blame the new owners...

Mike I Don't Know where You get your Information,
But there are no New Owners

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just so some know, if a thread is deleted by a mod then all posts that were made are deleted and it then is automatically subtracted from your total posts. If the member who started a post deletes his original post then all who replied are deleted, and it also effects your total posts.....

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jeff of pa said:
mikeofaustin said:
I don't pay any dues at all... but IF I personally had a post that was deleted, I would immediately blame the new owners...

If TN was sold we would have seen a lot more changes then this small change, that is for the protection of all members....

Anyone who has ever been through a buyout or merger can attest to that..........

Lady Liberty

Feb 7, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just signed up around the time of the problems in the ad section and saw some of it while looking at detectors.

I don't see the big deal with paying $20 a year if you want to sell your items here. As suggested above, I believe it was done to help protect the buyers here, not to make money. Who wouldn't want to give a little back to the host anyway? As someone mentioned money is tight right now. It has to cost someone for the space our posts take up. Right?

I've looked at people with hundreds upon hundreds of posts in the ad section. Why would anyone feel entitled to free ad space?

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a forum and has plenty of paying advertisers... If I have to pay to make up the difference, then I will go elsewhere. A friend of mine owns a fishing forum and he is in the RED!!!

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jeff of pa said:
mikeofaustin said:

I knew that I just wanted an answer from Mike. :laughing7:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SeaninNH said:
I would have made it so people with over 100 posts can post in the classified section, but that's me.

Money is tight and with 2 kids and a wife to take care of, living on 1 salary, even $5 a month or $20 a year is a lot to me right now.

Just my .02
If money is that tight, maybe you should get rid of your internet service? I'm sure that's running a minimum of $20 a month..... I'm just saying..... :icon_scratch:

S.S.Tupperware said:
It's a forum and has plenty of paying advertisers... If I have to pay to make up the difference, then I will go elsewhere. A friend of mine owns a fishing forum and he is in the RED!!!
See ya later! ::)

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone even thought of how much it costs the owner here to keep this site up and running, I am sure it is costly.. and frankly if we all can spend a few hundred bucks to over a thousand for a detector, there really should be no complaining on a lousey 20 bucks a year.. seriously, think about it..otherwise, then put your stuff on ebay, pay your insertion fees, your photo fees, your final value sale fees and of course the paypal fees.. so what do you think is cheaper, ebay or 20.00 for here..

SeaninNH

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2010
New Hampshire USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
diggummup said:
SeaninNH said:

Just my .02
If money is that tight, maybe you should get rid of your internet service? I'm sure that's running a minimum of $20 a month..... I'm just saying..... :icon_scratch:

I would, but I get my workorders through email. I got rid of the cable and dropped down to local calling only.

Yes because that is completely the same thing.

I didn't make the OP. I'm not complaining at all.

Even though I personally wouldn't ask members to pay to sell to each other, I don't make the rules.

Like I said, I would allow people that are regulars and have so many posts sell. That way people can't just make an account to scam people and the people that are always here can trade and sell.

As for website costs... It's minimal. I know. I have a website that I pay for the hosting, domain name, email. It costs $175 a year to run.

With all the traffic this site gets a day, if they toss a single google ad banner on the bottom of each page the ads alone would pay that here in a month or two max. Never mind what the advertisers pay.

Again... just my .02

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a difference between a small website and Treasurenet....Treasurenet averages over a 110,000 page views a day and over 600 different visitors a day. There was over 44,500 new posts and 7,929,862 page views just last month alone...

There is a LOT of traffic here. Put that kind of activity on a small website and see what happens.....I install T-1 and fiber voice and data systems for businesses, you put that kind of traffic on a website, they have to have the hardware to support it, if they don't it isn't pretty......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread