WHO PAYS FOR IT?

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
This applies to many things but I will limit it to magizens for this post.
magazines are paid for by the advertisement in them. what you pay for the mag. is extra profit. Don't agree? let me prove my point backed by actual figures. I get about a dozen mags. a month. The highest I pay is $12 a year for a sub. When I get a renal notice I can it because it is regular price. I can the next one which sayes my sub. is about to run out because it is still over $12. The next notice usually comes in just before my last issue arrives. It is $12 or lower and I renew. I am paying as low as $8 a year for some. I have been getting Lost Treasure for the intro. price of $12 but the renewal is $34 it will lower or I will drop it. I even get one mag. for free.
Here is the big secret of the publishing industry. Add money is alloted according to circulation. If people don't renew the circulation drops and the ad money vanishes, end of their game! We are talking about the POPULAR magazines here like Science, Mechanics, Photography. also National Geographics, History, Shutterbug etc. O.K. now I get the flack from the ad person on this form. Frank

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread