Getting serious.......

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
.....can be tough sometimes. I mean, if you metal detect a lot then it starts to become routine, though no less enjoyable, but what's that one thing that really inspires you to "get into that serious mode" again? I know for a lot of hunters here in Florida it's those approaching storms that promise to remove a lot of the sand overburden, some even anchor in and ride out the storms so they can attack the beach as soon as the storm lets up. So putting the routine hunting mode aside, what's that one thing that really puts you into that serious treasure hunting mode?

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finding enough chump change to replace my old batteries always gets me stoked :headbang:

hypoman

Jul 25, 2008
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Finding some one to go with me. All my friends and family seemed to think they were going to find one million dollars but when that didn't happen they were no longer interested.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
spartacus53 said:
Finding enough chump change to replace my old batteries always gets me stoked :headbang:

These days, that's a lot of chump change. :laughing7:

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hypoman said:
Finding some one to go with me. All my friends and family seemed to think they were going to find one million dollars but when that didn't happen they were no longer interested.

I know since I moved to Florida and left my regular hunting partner behind it's been real tough to make myself go. If he was here I'm sure we'd be hitting beaches several days a week. But even so, I've got my eye on an area that's tugging at me pretty good so after a bit more recon & research I'm sure it will get hunted pretty seriously. :thumbsup:

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I seem to gravitate to beach hunting. I just love the sand, ocean, easy digging, stop to swim if wanted, lol, etc. and the possible beach finds.

I am hunting a few old farm houses and the interest is not as high. find crap and metal scrap.
digging hard.....but close to home so it kinda keeps me interested.

but vacations, that is my joy. I always go the beaches and then I am SUPER HIGH on metal detecting....

hypoman

Jul 25, 2008
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
bigscoop said:
hypoman said:

I know since I moved to Florida and left my regular hunting partner behind it's been real tough to make myself go. If he was here I'm sure we'd be hitting beaches several days a week. But even so, I've got my eye on an area that's tugging at me pretty good so after a bit more recon & research I'm sure it will get hunted pretty seriously. :thumbsup:

I also have a place I will be going when it warms up. That is keeping me really excited b/c it will a first for me: a beach............in Indiana. Lol

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hypoman said:
bigscoop said:
hypoman said:

I also have a place I will be going when it warms up. That is keeping me really excited b/c it will a first for me: a beach............in Indiana. Lol

I did ok on a few Indiana beaches, picked up a few pieces of gold here and there. What I liked about most Indiana beaches is that the traffic was always pretty well concentrated to fairly small areas of the beach. Down here.....the whole state is nearly one big beach! :laughing7:

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What puts me into serious mode is when I finally locate an area that has super potential for turning up some old gold and silver. It doesn't happen all that often, but when it does I can get into a pretty serious mode. Of course, just finding gold anywhere tends to crank up the setting a bit as well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread