onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These auctions have been on the history channel this year Now I know it's made for TV but some interesting clues on how to bid these a lot of people making a good living on this type of thing. I went to a auction last week the lady was a hoarder the second day of it was her jewelry it took 6 hr's ,sold by the box full. many people from out of state mostly scrappers (gold silver) I paid 17.00$ for a bunch of costume and 9oz of sterling. 1 10kt ring

Frank1960

Nov 13, 2009
Evans Colorado
Detector(s) used
AT Max
I never went to any of these because I thought they went for a huge amount of money but after reading all your post I am going to start checking them out in my area and see what they usually go for and maybe start bidding on them. Great reading thanks folks

ThomasMaloney

Feb 13, 2014
Brisbane
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are a "cheap man's vault" and you really never know what you might find in there. The security and privacy of your personal can really work both ways. Some Self Storage houses have truly been around for so long that it seems a treasure hunters dream to go looking around in them. And with the auctions, if you truly find something that may be a gem, eBay is a great way to tell people about your find as well.
to EDDE: It's truly not company policy to ransack customer's property. I'm sure if a formal complaint was launched investigations to find out what was happening could go underway. Hope that your friend managed to recover his TV!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions