Gadget

Sep 10, 2005
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac; White's MXT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: Contest.................."PIC OF YOUR MOST UNUSUAL FIND"

Also haven't checked in a week or so since I was playing Alaska tour guide to visiting relatives again. It's a tough gig, but comes with the territory... Anyway to my surprise, I "clawed" my way into third place!

Thanks again for the awesome contest. This post will be a keeper just for the collection of oddities in it.

Gadget

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

congrats 2 every1 especialy u bob,no 1 deserves it more......................oh by the way you're out of the club me' weebee decided your just 2 lucky,dekalb call me your in,you'll have 2 grow your hair longer and blond,a go-tee,glasses,and we'll still call u bob,listen 2 kid rock,and we'll still call u bob,just not as lucky bob ;)

Digginman

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Stephens City, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Treasure Ace250 Tesoro Cibola

This was a fun contest. I was late seeing who won. Congrats to the winners. Thanks to all the posters for the giggles, the fun and the pics.

DM

OP
OP
Mighty AP

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool

Hello everyone, We've had a bit of a crisis here, as most of you know I was laid off two weeks ago but we've also had some problems with my fathers health. He lives 250 miles north of me in Butte Montana & I wont bore ya'all with details but Ive made 3 trips up & back in the last week or so. He is doin better now, thanks for askin. At any rate, Ive finally started mailing prizes out today, I will PM all winners. I want to thank all who entered & congratulate all winners, but I especially want to thank everyone who contributed, I was overwhelmed with the your generosity & it was you who made this all possible!!! I Thank You!!! ;D

pgill

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2005
Northampton, UK
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre II / Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Hi AP,

Great to have you back. Very sorry to hear about your Dad, and you being laid off work. I will be praying for you and your Dad, trusting that he will get better, and that you will be back at work again very quickly.

Hang in there....

God bless
Peter

OP
OP
Mighty AP

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Detector(s) used

Thanks so much Peter, its working already! Dads doin much better now & Ive got a couple options on the horizon! Prizes have been sent, please let me know when you receive them guys. I have not heard from James101 yet, Ive sent PM's & an email, I guess I'll give him another week or so then have LQ pick an alternate winner if I havent heard anything from him yet. Sound fair? :)

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hey everybody! I got some news. Do you all remember my post of that coffin handle? Well, Mighty AP and LQ sent me a consolation prize of 3 LIBERTY NICKELS! I would really like to thank them for the extra prize.

HH
-GC

OP
OP
Mighty AP

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Detector(s) used

GC is such a good kid, we had to give him something, eh? I still have the 5th place package Tokens here, Ive left PM's & emails for him (name escapes me, Canadian chap, he had the iron lion entry) & I have not heard from him. I guess I'll have LQ choose an alternate winner in a few days, eh? Anyway I'll PM the new winner for an address soon. :)

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

??? ??? any news ??? ???

Bushido Dude

Dec 20, 2005
Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

See its times like these i would really love to cash in some of those silver halfs i've been pulling out of rolls and get a new digi cam, but it just hurts to think about parting with them..... :'(

OP
OP
Mighty AP

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Detector(s) used

Ive been trying to get LQ to look through & choose an alternate winner for the 5th place (tokens) prize, we've just been so damned busy & Ive gone back to work with overtime 60+ hrs week....................long story short, the original winner James101 just contacted me! Seems he moved & didnt have internet service for a while, Im so glad we didnt award the tokens to someone else! I will put em in the mail for ya in the next day or two James, & you told me you didnt have many American coins so in addition to the silver Washinton & Susan B. Anthony in the prize package I am throwing in a 34' Walker Half (one of the most beautiful coins America has to offer) & a 28' Standing liberty Quarter from my personal collection. Hope you like em.............. ;D

J

james 101

that is awesome thank you for such a great contest this one had alot of great stuff posted thankyou again hh

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread