Contest.................."PIC OF YOUR MOST UNUSUAL FIND"

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
Contest.................."PIC OF YOUR MOST UNUSUAL FIND"

OK boys & girls, lets get this lil competition rolling! Please submit a pic of your "most unusual find", only stipulation is that it has to be something you dug up while metal detecting. My girl Lizard Queen will be the sole judge & jury, I will have no input or influence on her decisions for winners. Originaly I was going to have 3 winners, but due to the overwhelming numbers of donations by the fine members of this site, I will probably have 5 winners. I am still waiting for some prizes to arrive so I havent separated them into packages yet. Here is a pic of what we have so far. Each 1st, 2nd & 3rd place winners will receive a custom made "Mighty Diggin Tool", & Im putting lots of love into them. I will also add prizes to each of these packages so the 1st place winner is gonna score BIG TIME! We have civil war bullets, DFX books, beautiful seashells, coins (silver 911 comemorative 1 oz coins, walking liberties, mercs, IH's, silver quaters & half, etc) bunch of old tokens............Lot of very cool stuff! Also Tinpan will pick the "funniest post/pic" & award some cool Ozzie prizes! Now, LQ is a little quirky sometimes & I can see her choosing a winner because they gave her a nice reply to one of her posts, or she likes their avatar, so EVERYBODY HAS A CHANCE TO WIN! But you gotta post a pic to be considered. Once all prizes arrive I will separate, photograph & post along with credits of all who contributed, this will happen before the end of the contest. I thank all who donated, good luck & kissing LQ's butt cant hurt yer odds! That being said............lets do this thing! ;D

Sorry, I never said how long it would run.........I was thinking 2 weeks, unless we're still getting a lot of entries. Give everyone a chance at a prize!

Attachments

• contest prizes.jpg
    contest prizes.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 1,606

The Bulgarian

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
South Florida east coast.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
In the water Aquasound ,back up Aquasound,Fisher cz20,Minelab Excalibur 15 inch wot coil .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Contest.................."PIC OF YOUR MOST UNUSUAL FIND"

Pic of my unusual find 'drill' . #1

Attachments

• IMG_0014.JPG
    IMG_0014.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 1,493
  • IMG_0014.JPG
    IMG_0014.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 1,500
OP
OP
Mighty AP

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Detector(s) used

Very nice, very unusual Bulgarian. We're off to a very fine start! Heres a pic of the coins I have received so far, for motivational purposes. I have been assured there are more in the mail! :) The big silvers are 1oz 911 comemoratives (thanks Jon43), silver half & IH's (thanks Digginitup) & Walking Liberty halves, merc, buff, 43' steel penny, silver Washintons & tokens (my buddy GoldSniffinDog)! Are we motivated now? lol :D

Attachments

• coin prizes.jpg
    coin prizes.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 1,486

The Bulgarian

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
South Florida east coast.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
In the water Aquasound ,back up Aquasound,Fisher cz20,Minelab Excalibur 15 inch wot coil .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

From me you have a nice BYZANTINE BRONZE coin.I need your address?Please write me .

Attachments

• IMG_0003.JPG
    IMG_0003.JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 1,460
  • IMG_0002.JPG
    IMG_0002.JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 1,438
OP
OP
Mighty AP

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Detector(s) used

Thank you Bulgarian, very generous of you! PM sent! ;D Very cool, very beautiful coin!
It will go into one of the prize packs, more motivation for ya'all, get those pics in!

Gadget

Sep 10, 2005
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac; White's MXT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Excellent contest and prizes Mighty AP. Great topic too!

My most unusual find by far... Found this old mounted bear claw 4 inches deep in a park in Alaska.

Attachments

• The Claw.jpg
    The Claw.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 1,425
  • The Claw.jpg
    The Claw.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 1,425

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Not by any means a thing of value or even beauty, but one of my favorite finds. An old SantaFe Railroad switch lock made by Keen Kutter. Vary rare in good condition which mine ain't sorry to say. Monty

Attachments

• S3010013 Resized.JPG
    S3010013 Resized.JPG
    26.2 KB · Views: 1,389
  • S3010013 Resized.JPG
    S3010013 Resized.JPG
    26.2 KB · Views: 1,395

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

as a Moderator I was going to Stay out of the Contest,

however Being I was requested to Join in I will.

Off hand this is The Most unusual find I can think of, that I can post.

Confirmed By 3 seperate Sources as 8.1 Pennyweight of 22K Gold, after the teeth were removed.

Be assured My Lips will be Firmly Held Back, (No Pucker) Throught the Contest. ;)

Good Luck Everyone !
Jeff

Attachments

• 22K_Gold_Teeth.jpg
    22K_Gold_Teeth.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 1,320
  • 22K_Gold_Teeth.jpg
    22K_Gold_Teeth.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 1,325

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice contest AP and LQ! I found this unusual relic near a site where a town once stood into the 1600s. It hasn't been IDed but a few ideas have been a battle shield decoration or maybe a game piece, it's about the size of a quarter. Thanks for the contest and HH, Mike
4pcoin1.jpg

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

WOW a.p and everyone else.A.P has put a lot of work into this and everyone has a chance.big congrats to a.p.i get to choose the winner in the funnest pic side of the comp.thats easy make me laugh,you win ;D ;D ;D

good luck everyone ;D ;D ;D tinpan

BobG

Oct 28, 2005

I haven't posted in a long time and never posted much anyway, but I have to say, this is a fine contest your running, with quality prizes.

You two are always a hoot to read about.

RatRacer

May 23, 2006
Trafford, PA

Great going, AP & LQ! Hope you are rewarded with many interesting finds of your own, once you get back out there.
Mine's not valuable, but it is odd... a very old carburetor, found under the recreation field in a park, one of my first finds!

Attachments

• carb clean.JPG
    carb clean.JPG
    30.6 KB · Views: 1,356

Diggincoinz

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2004
Wayne County, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 70 / Tesoro TigerShark / Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

This is what I was told is a Perpetual Calender that I dug from the side yard of an 1851 homestead. I've searched the World Wide Web and have not found anything on this, of course I probably looked in the wrong places. ::)

All that I've found is that "the act of congress of 1853" has something to do with attorney's.

It is a two sided coin/token that's about the size of a large silver dollar but not as thick. It has all months of the year and all days of the months and week days that sort of criss-cross and not in order (the numbers) so that we can understand it.
Appearently you're able to read it and know what day of the year it is. On one side the numbering goes to 98 and the other they only go to 84. But there's only at most 31 days in a month!

Beats the heck out of me how you read the damn thing! ::)

The coin reads "Entered according to the act of Congress of 1853". Also reads "Southern dist. of NY" and the bank name that minted it.

It apears to be made out of copper.

I do know one thing, it's pretty damn cool! I hope this pic shows it well enough.

Chris

Attachments

• Entered according to act of congress 1853 thingy. Perpetual Calender Coin..jpg
    Entered according to act of congress 1853 thingy. Perpetual Calender Coin..jpg
    18 KB · Views: 1,260

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hello, well here is one of my odd finds. It is an 1800's (thanks jeff of Pa) coffin handle. What is weirder is that i found it on a playground across from a church. Now i know why the church has no nearby graveyard and why the town has a new playground. (however, this is speculation)

HH
-GC

Attachments

• Picture1.jpg
    Picture1.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 1,296

USTiger

Apr 30, 2006
Vancouver - WA
Detector(s) used
Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

i will first thank you for this contest cool idear..

here is a old Farm tool i found in Denmark i found it 6 inches down on a old Field neer and old farm.. for starters i thought it was an old Axe head .. but after talking to the guys here and visiting the National Museum in Denmark i now know it is Part of a Farm Equipment from around 1800-1850.

index.php

My avatar is a old Bottlecap from a Danish beer "Carlsberg" it is chereamic and from around 1935 .. Carlsbers Stopped using the "Nazi" cross when Hitler startet to use it .. it is allso the sign from a old Sun god. i found this bottlecap before i got a MetalDetector so it was an Eye finding.

USTiger

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• Oxen Bell Ringer (Small) (2).jpg
    Oxen Bell Ringer (Small) (2).jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 1,274
  • Oxen Bell Ringer (Small) (2).jpg
    Oxen Bell Ringer (Small) (2).jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 1,285

jblank37

May 13, 2006

Hi AP, nice contest you have going. I haven't posted much as of yet. This is one of my most unusual finds. It is gold with what appears to be a piece of jade with the Trojan Warrior engraved at the bottom. It is 7/8's of an inch tall. I looked for a long while for the chain, but could not find it. This came from an old civil war army depot

Friends, John

Attachments

• TrojanWarrior04.jpg
    TrojanWarrior04.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 1,283
  • TrojanWarrior04.jpg
    TrojanWarrior04.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 1,285
  • TrojanWarrior04.jpg
    TrojanWarrior04.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 1,297

jblank37

May 13, 2006

Sorry for the double images.

Friends, John

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks for starting up this contest, and for VERY generous prizes! Here is my most unusual, and most unexpected find. Found this last summer at a sandy freshwater swimming beach, completely covered with about 2 " of sand. Needless to say, it was not something I ever expected to find at a beach, and I spent a few days trying to remember if there were ever any machete murders here in this area!

Attachments

• Sand  Pond Machete 9-11-05.JPG
    Sand Pond Machete 9-11-05.JPG
    28.1 KB · Views: 1,231
OP
OP
Mighty AP

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Detector(s) used

Great pics so far!!! LQ keeps looking at me with that confused, overwhelmed look in her eyes! lol! Little more motivation...........pics of one of the tools. Custom, hand made with lots o' love! Each 1st 2nd & 3rd place winners will receive one "Mighty Diggin Tool" in their prize package, now tell me your Lesche isnt getting old & tired, replace it with this monster! Keep the bums at bay while detecting in the park!!;D

Attachments

• MightyDigginPrizeB.jpg
    MightyDigginPrizeB.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 1,142
  • MightyDigginPrizeA.jpg
    MightyDigginPrizeA.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 1,141
  • MightyDigginPrizeC.jpg
    MightyDigginPrizeC.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 1,120

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread