Japans nuclear emergency (history repeating from the past)

kc10bull

Jan 20, 2006
Palm Harbor, FL
Detector(s) used
excal / Fisher
Japan's nuclear emergency (history repeating from the past)

Well here we go again with yet another nuclear disaster. I just thought we should be reminded of Chernobyl and the effects that it had on the population there, and the cost of lives. Here is the link that not only has the story as seen by one treasure hunter but a story of ghost towns, radiation, and the efforts that the military went to to try and seal the reactor.
Navigation to photos, stories are to the right side of the web page.

The author Author: Filatova Elena Vladimirovna

Here is the link: http://www.angelfire.com/extreme4/kiddofspeed/index.html

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Japan's nuclear emergency (history repeating from the past)

This story is worthy of the banner but I don't know what the criteria is. This is an amazing story and well worth the read. I don't have time right now to do more than check out the pics and subtitles but I will certainly read the entire documentary. That disaster is WAY bigger than I had pictured!

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I can't remember when I first saw the kiddofspeed site, but seems longer ago that 2003. :icon_scratch:

It should be required reading for everyone. Thanks for posting the link. :thumbsup:

Daedalus

Feb 2, 2011
Strafford , Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT / MineLab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

What I can not understand is why we keep building these Nuke Plants in areas that have real bad earthquakes ?
One would think that this is a bad idea from the start . And then not put in backups for the backups .
The cooling going down has been the main issue causing these disasters at the Nuke plants , and this one has
been caused by not being able to start the backup cooling .

And there was no backup for that other than dumping Seawater into the reactor to try to cool it down.
We have got to stop putting these plants in areas like this one and a few others.

I heard yesterday that there was another Nuke plant having cooling problems now and it may melt down.
Wow this could become real ugly before it is over .

OP
OP
kc10bull

kc10bull

Jan 20, 2006
Palm Harbor, FL
Detector(s) used
excal / Fisher

It was posted back on TNet in 2009 under the title: In honor of women's history month, do you remember this? Chernobyl documented.

I thought it was time to re-post the web site due to today's current disaster in Japan. That way our members that have not seen this web site will get a source reference, of a past and still ongoing disaster. It may also bring about some interesting discussions.

OP
OP
kc10bull

kc10bull

Jan 20, 2006
Palm Harbor, FL
Detector(s) used
excal / Fisher

The nuclear facilities were built a long time ago. There were 3 backup systems. No one back then thought that there would be an earth quake that size that near the reactors. Remember when they were built technology and knowledge of earth quakes back then, they didn't expect to ever see a 8.9 earth quake. They probably didn't expect to have a tsunami either following the hummm well below water surface, water quake. If they had only one natural disaster, either the earth quake, or the tsunami, I believe the results would have been different. But having compound natural disasters, within that short a period, unfortunately I don't think it was ever in any of their simulations, on how to control the reactors and shut them down safely.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread