YAAAAAA........Im Down to 190 Pounds, first time in 20 years....

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: YAAAAAA........I'm Down to 190 Pounds, first time in 20 years....

mikeofaustin said:
Not sure if this was already said, but I've learned a thing or three from doing what you're doing. First and foremost, realize that it was a fight to get where you are at right now, but it's NOT a fight to maintain it. It's just a marginal "watch out" principle. For example, when I lost my weight, I would eat;
breakfast: 1 slice of bread with turkey. that's it.
Lunch: 1 can of tuna and mustard.
Dinner: I wasn't' so demanding of myself here, but I did eat small dinners, mostly greens and proteins, but I ALWAYS went to bed hungry.

After I got to where I wanted to be, I wasn't that extreme on myself and I simply limited myself to what I ate. For example, breakfast 'could' consist of a 3 egg omlette with ham and cheese, toast and OJ.. but you don't want to do that. It's too easy to fall back into that groove. You could easily get away with just one egg, slice of ham/turkey on TWO slices of bread. Lunch? Tuna sandwich... Dinner? Loads of greens. Don't ever feel like you need to curb your self of greens. They will only do you good... and they will also fill that empty spot in your stomach.

The thing that I kept in mind was the very fact that my stomach got a lot smaller during my fasting.... and it was very tempting to increase it again. If you can get into a modest intake of food after the battle, you'll be fine. It's also very hard when your workmates want to go for lunch at fatty MacFatty Burger with Loads of cheese and gravy. also, one thing that people do is keep 'snacks' around their desk when they're hungry. I kept about a dozen can's of tuna. When I was hungry? Open it up with some mustard... instead snack!!!

I appreciate the info....

I do have several things to help me. I am married to a Filipino, so our average meal is not what a lot of people eat. We eat a lot of fish, chicken, turkey and lean beef or pork in a soup. If the wife fries something it is with very little oil, there is no deep frying in our home.....

I have cut better then 95% of the sugar out of my diet, I have not had even a sip of a soda, or a bite of a cake, pie, icecream, cookies and only 3 bite sizes of chocolate since 12/27/2010..... All I drink is water with lemon, tea, skim milk and protein drinks......

I drink whey protein twice a day, once in the morning, 2 scoops and 1 raw egg mixed with 12 ozs of skim milk, and once in the evening again, 2 scoops of whey protein, 1 raw egg, and 12 ozs of skim milk, a total of 100 grams of protein in those two shakes. At lunch I have 1 or 2 cartons of Atkins protein drink, and usually 2 peanut butter and jelly (sugarless jelly) sandwiches. At supper we eat fish, chicken, lean beef, pork usually made in a soup......

I work out of my truck by myself, so I usually work through lunch have the protein shake and sandwiches while I am driving between jobs. My tool bag weighs 35 pounds and I am constantly carrying it from my truck to the job so I get a lot of exercise during my work day. After work I work out at the gym at least 4 days a week, usually 1:15-1:45 minutes with 30 minutes of it being aerobic... With the weights I do sets with the max weight I can handle for 6-10 reps.....

I do have the discipline to stick with it. When I turned 40 I decided I wanted to get into shape, I joined a martial arts gym that just opened up and the first 25 people to sign up got a membership for $15 a month for life, good at any ATA gym anywhere in the country, I worked out there for 7 years 3-5 days a week, fought full contact twice a week and earned my 2nd degree in taekwondo before my ex canceled my membership while I was working out of town. ($#@@#$%&$$#@) The school had changed ownership from when I first joined and they would not reinstate my membership, to rejoin was $70 a month......

I am not just on a diet trying to lose weight, I am making a lifestyle choice, if I want to be healthy and be able to physically enjoy my retirement I have to get back in shape and then stay in shape. I have 3 years left to work before I can retire, even if I continue to work after I retire it will be at a different job, part time with less stress and so I have more time to hunt..... ;D

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx

Good. *(I didn't want to copy that ton of stuff).

One thing that I did, was realize, that once I got to the position that I wanted to be in... It was no longer a 'hunger strike', but more of a lifestyle change, as you already mentioned. The thing that was the hardest for me, was trying to adopt a more normal eating behavior after it was over, versus the 'hunger strike' behavior. The most important thing you can realize, is that once your there, you don't need to lose any MORE weight, you just now need to maintain that weight. And hence, not needing such an intense behavior on weight lose. But instead, because you're already there... simply make 'easier' choices. And I can't stress this enough... during your time with this, you'll need snacks. Cans of Tuna was my snack. it might must work for you too. Straight tuna tastes ugly at first, but it's an acquired taste.

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

mikeofaustin said:
Good. *(I didn't want to copy that ton of stuff).

One thing that I did, was realize, that once I got to the position that I wanted to be in... It was no longer a 'hunger strike', but more of a lifestyle change, as you already mentioned. The thing that was the hardest for me, was trying to adopt a more normal eating behavior after it was over, versus the 'hunger strike' behavior. The most important thing you can realize, is that once your there, you don't need to lose any MORE weight, you just now need to maintain that weight. And hence, not needing such an intense behavior on weight lose. But instead, because you're already there... simply make 'easier' choices. And I can't stress this enough... during your time with this, you'll need snacks. Cans of Tuna was my snack. it might must work for you too. Straight tuna tastes ugly at first, but it's an acquired taste.

LOL, right now I just counted 9 cans of tuna in my pantry, I love tuna, I usually snack on cheerios or plain popcorn in the evening. I never feel hungry because I am not really on a diet, if I want to eat I eat, wife and I went out to an all you can eat oriental buffet Saturday night, it included all the Alaskan king crabs I could eat too. ;D Breakfast besides the protein shake is usually oatmeal, eggs grits, or rye toast with sugarless jelly and coffee.... Supper tonight was hamburger goulash with water and lemon, I had my protein shake after my workout tonight before I ate supper...........

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx

Not trying to take away from this post, but I recently ordered from my favorite Chinese food delivery. MSG was so bad that I got sick. it took some investigating before I realized that it was 'MSG' effect on my stomach. Thank god I had some pepto bismal.

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

mikeofaustin said:
Not trying to take away from this post, but I recently ordered from my favorite Chinese food delivery. MSG was so bad that I got sick. it took some investigating before I realized that it was 'MSG' effect on my stomach. Thank god I had some pepto bismal.

That is something that affects a lot of people..... Luckily for me I have an iron clad stomach and the wife being Filipino, doesn't seem to affect her, but I know people that it does....

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Congratulations, Treasure_Hunter. Good job. Keep settin goals, reach them, and you'll stay inspired. I always wanted to gain weight, but never could.

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

RGINN said:
Congratulations, Treasure_Hunter. Good job. Keep settin goals, reach them, and you'll stay inspired. I always wanted to gain weight, but never could.

I reset my goal after reaching my original goal.... When I hit 180, I will set another goal.... :icon_thumright: Once I reached 40 I found or my body found it easier to gain weight..... I weighed 130 when I joined the Airforce at 18, came out of bootcamp at 150, got out of the Airforce at 165 at age 23. When I turned 40 I was 175, Took up taekwando for 7 years and stayed about 170. I hit 230 on 12/31/2009 at age 60 and decided I needed to start losing weight. On 1/1/2011 I decided I needed to lose more weight and get back in shape to enjoy the 2nd half of my life.... ;D

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Well dude, look at it this way. It's apparent you didn't lay around lazy and gain that weight. So that's good, and you're probably in good physical shape, actually. I never got over 155 so far. (Less than that now) God wouldn't let me, cause he knew if I got up to 220 I would probably just be walkin around and knockin on doors sayin 'Come on out, I'm gonna whup your a**!' Keep up the program.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I am sure your beautiful wife is a great inspiration as well. Congratulations to you for making the leap. You will feel better and have a better quality of life for many years.
I do not drink cokes or sugar drinks and Fence a couple times a week. It keeps me sore and bruised 4 out of 7 days each week but it keeps my reflexes mind and body strong. I think like you said just cutting out certain things will help you. My freezers are full of Venison,quail,pheasant and fresh fish. I think that helps a lot by eating lean wild meat.
I can hammer a 20 oz venison steak and have less fat than a MacDonald's burger!
You da man keep up the good work my friend! :icon_sunny:
Tnmtns

Charlene

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
SE, Virginia
Detector(s) used
MineLab Excal II & Bounty Hunter Land Star

Congrats, thats great news. An ounce of prevention is worth more than a pound of cure. You must feel fantastic!

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

TnMountains said:
I am sure your beautiful wife is a great inspiration as well. Congratulations to you for making the leap. You will feel better and have a better quality of life for many years.
I do not drink cokes or sugar drinks and Fence a couple times a week. It keeps me sore and bruised 4 out of 7 days each week but it keeps my reflexes mind and body strong. I think like you said just cutting out certain things will help you. My freezers are full of Venison,quail,pheasant and fresh fish. I think that helps a lot by eating lean wild meat.
I can hammer a 20 oz venison steak and have less fat than a MacDonald's burger!
You da man keep up the good work my friend! :icon_sunny:
Tnmtns

I have increased my gym workouts to 4 days a week, plus I work out at home..... I am sore 7 days a week, I fully expect my weight loss to slow down as lean muscle weighs more then flabby muscle I have at least 10 more pounds of fat on my stomach I want to lose, but with the workouts it will probalby average out to 5 pounds loss since I am sure to gain muscle mass on my chest, arms and shoulders. ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread