Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 31
  1. #16
    Charter Member
    us
    *************** WHAT YOU DO WITH THE FINDS YOU DIG UP IS YOUR BUSINESS AND NO ONE ELSES, IGNORE ANYONE ON A SOAPBOX TRYING TO PREACH OTHERWISE! **************

    Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_ETrac Minelab_Safari Minelab_Excal_1500_WOT Excal_SEF_12x15 Sovereign GT Whites_6000_XL_Pro Whites_Classic_ID Troy_Shadow_X2 Tesoro_Conquistador Fisher_1235X Whites_Beach ID
    20,856
    8423 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Re: YAAAAAA........I'm Down to 190 Pounds, first time in 20 years....

    Quote Originally Posted by bigscoop
    Quote Originally Posted by Treasure_Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by bigscoop
    Quote Originally Posted by Treasure_Hunter
    I have been trying to lose some weight since last January, so far since 1/1/2010 when I weighed 219 pounds, I have lost 29 pounds so far...........

    I have Lost 10 more pounds since I cut out most of my sugar. On 12/27/2010 I decided to cut my sugar intake down drastically, I have not had even a sip of a single soda, not even a bite of cake, pie, cookies, donut or candy either......

    I have completely changed my eating habits, I look at the sugar content of all the foods I buy now, when I snack watching TV, its dry Cheerios and water with lemon.

    The wife and I also joined a gym, we are working out 3-4 days a week now, and have been since 1/1/2011.... My goal was 190 lbs, made that this weekend, my new goal now is 180 pounds.......
    Congrats! But I'm curious, do you think you will, or do you already, notice the lighter weight when wading in the surf?
    Was in the water this weekend, didn't really notice anything yet, I think the only time I will notice it is when I am trying to hunt chest deep... I did try my wetsuits on, although I did not wear any this weekend, they are a better fit.....
    Have any luck?
    Yes found LOTS OF SAND..... Found little less then a $1.00 in change, 4 pulltabs, and one junk bracelet, the only good thing is the bracelet had 3 skulls on it so I will make something with those for detecting....

    On another note, the eye candy was really nice , and after having cataract surgery on both eyes I was able to enjoy it even more....




    HERE IS THE THING ABOUT RIGHTS, THEY'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE VOTED ON, THAT IS WHY THEY CALL THEM RIGHTS!

    "If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." --Samuel Adams

    MY LIBERTY AND FREEDOMS ARE NOT YOURS TO GIVE OR TAKE!.......THEY DIDN'T MAKE US FREE, WE WERE BORN FREE, AS LONG AS WE HAVE THE 2ND AMENDMENT WE WILL REMAIN FREE!






    CLICK LINK BELOW TO READ OUR RULES..

    TreasureNet.com Rules

  2. #17
    Charter Member
    us
    treasurelagoon.wordpress.com

    Jun 2010
    East Coast Florida
    An older blue Excal with connector, remote, Skullie headphones, and various coils. Got rid of the rest of my machines.
    8,126
    2599 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting

    Re: YAAAAAA........I'm Down to 190 Pounds, first time in 20 years....

    Quote Originally Posted by Treasure_Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by bigscoop
    Quote Originally Posted by Treasure_Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by bigscoop
    Quote Originally Posted by Treasure_Hunter
    I have been trying to lose some weight since last January, so far since 1/1/2010 when I weighed 219 pounds, I have lost 29 pounds so far...........

    I have Lost 10 more pounds since I cut out most of my sugar. On 12/27/2010 I decided to cut my sugar intake down drastically, I have not had even a sip of a single soda, not even a bite of cake, pie, cookies, donut or candy either......

    I have completely changed my eating habits, I look at the sugar content of all the foods I buy now, when I snack watching TV, its dry Cheerios and water with lemon.

    The wife and I also joined a gym, we are working out 3-4 days a week now, and have been since 1/1/2011.... My goal was 190 lbs, made that this weekend, my new goal now is 180 pounds.......
    Congrats! But I'm curious, do you think you will, or do you already, notice the lighter weight when wading in the surf?
    Was in the water this weekend, didn't really notice anything yet, I think the only time I will notice it is when I am trying to hunt chest deep... I did try my wetsuits on, although I did not wear any this weekend, they are a better fit.....
    Have any luck?
    Yes found LOTS OF SAND..... Found little less then a $1.00 in change, 4 pulltabs, and one junk bracelet, the only good thing is the bracelet had 3 skulls on it so I will make something with those for detecting....

    On another note, the eye candy was really nice , and after having cataract surgery on both eyes I was able to enjoy it even more....
    Don't you know you can go blind looking at that?
    Though I've hunted it several times before moving here, I'm still not use to the endless expanse of beach down here, still seems a bit overwhelming at times. And then there's all the endless eye candy to distract me..........I figure my efficiency has dropped about 50%!
    "The key to finding gold is finding places where it can be accessed."

  3. #18
    us
    Oct 2007
    Northern, OH
    DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
    5,206
    68 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

    Re: YAAAAAA........I'm Down to 190 Pounds, first time in 20 years....

    Congs on the weigh lost. I am also starting again to start my eating program. Last year I went from 247 to 190 but then I had surgey and went back up to 203 I felt so much better at 190 plus I got off my insulin no more shots. I am not wanting to get down to 180 so I am starting to watch what I eat again. Trying to cut out my sweets again but it is kind of hard when the wife and kid eats all that sweet stuff around you.

    I wish you luck in your goal I sure you can do it......Matt
    CRH 2014 find
    wheaties
    War Nickels
    Buffalo
    Mercs 4
    Rosie 6
    90% Kennedy
    Franklin
    Walkers
    40% halfs
    Detecting Finds
    Dollars
    Quarters `
    Silver Quarters
    Dimes
    Silver Dimes
    Nickels
    Pennies
    Wheaties
    rings

  4. #19

    Feb 2007
    Bradenton, Fl
    ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac
    7,465
    550 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

    Re: YAAAAAA........I'm Down to 190 Pounds, first time in 20 years....

    congratulations! It is so easy to put it on and so hard to take it off. Keep up the good work!
    Debby

  5. #20
    us
    Jan 2008
    78729
    dfx
    1,182
    4 times

    Re: YAAAAAA........I'm Down to 190 Pounds, first time in 20 years....

    Not sure if this was already said, but I've learned a thing or three from doing what you're doing. First and foremost, realize that it was a fight to get where you are at right now, but it's NOT a fight to maintain it. It's just a marginal "watch out" principle. For example, when I lost my weight, I would eat;
    breakfast: 1 slice of bread with turkey. that's it.
    Lunch: 1 can of tuna and mustard.
    Dinner: I wasn't' so demanding of myself here, but I did eat small dinners, mostly greens and proteins, but I ALWAYS went to bed hungry.

    After I got to where I wanted to be, I wasn't that extreme on myself and I simply limited myself to what I ate. For example, breakfast 'could' consist of a 3 egg omlette with ham and cheese, toast and OJ.. but you don't want to do that. It's too easy to fall back into that groove. You could easily get away with just one egg, slice of ham/turkey on TWO slices of bread. Lunch? Tuna sandwich... Dinner? Loads of greens. Don't ever feel like you need to curb your self of greens. They will only do you good... and they will also fill that empty spot in your stomach.

    The thing that I kept in mind was the very fact that my stomach got a lot smaller during my fasting.... and it was very tempting to increase it again. If you can get into a modest intake of food after the battle, you'll be fine. It's also very hard when your workmates want to go for lunch at fatty MacFatty Burger with Loads of cheese and gravy. also, one thing that people do is keep 'snacks' around their desk when they're hungry. I kept about a dozen can's of tuna. When I was hungry? Open it up with some mustard... instead snack!!!

  6. #21
    Charter Member
    us
    *************** WHAT YOU DO WITH THE FINDS YOU DIG UP IS YOUR BUSINESS AND NO ONE ELSES, IGNORE ANYONE ON A SOAPBOX TRYING TO PREACH OTHERWISE! **************

    Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_ETrac Minelab_Safari Minelab_Excal_1500_WOT Excal_SEF_12x15 Sovereign GT Whites_6000_XL_Pro Whites_Classic_ID Troy_Shadow_X2 Tesoro_Conquistador Fisher_1235X Whites_Beach ID
    20,856
    8423 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Re: YAAAAAA........I'm Down to 190 Pounds, first time in 20 years....

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeofaustin
    Not sure if this was already said, but I've learned a thing or three from doing what you're doing. First and foremost, realize that it was a fight to get where you are at right now, but it's NOT a fight to maintain it. It's just a marginal "watch out" principle. For example, when I lost my weight, I would eat;
    breakfast: 1 slice of bread with turkey. that's it.
    Lunch: 1 can of tuna and mustard.
    Dinner: I wasn't' so demanding of myself here, but I did eat small dinners, mostly greens and proteins, but I ALWAYS went to bed hungry.

    After I got to where I wanted to be, I wasn't that extreme on myself and I simply limited myself to what I ate. For example, breakfast 'could' consist of a 3 egg omlette with ham and cheese, toast and OJ.. but you don't want to do that. It's too easy to fall back into that groove. You could easily get away with just one egg, slice of ham/turkey on TWO slices of bread. Lunch? Tuna sandwich... Dinner? Loads of greens. Don't ever feel like you need to curb your self of greens. They will only do you good... and they will also fill that empty spot in your stomach.

    The thing that I kept in mind was the very fact that my stomach got a lot smaller during my fasting.... and it was very tempting to increase it again. If you can get into a modest intake of food after the battle, you'll be fine. It's also very hard when your workmates want to go for lunch at fatty MacFatty Burger with Loads of cheese and gravy. also, one thing that people do is keep 'snacks' around their desk when they're hungry. I kept about a dozen can's of tuna. When I was hungry? Open it up with some mustard... instead snack!!!
    I appreciate the info....

    I do have several things to help me. I am married to a Filipino, so our average meal is not what a lot of people eat. We eat a lot of fish, chicken, turkey and lean beef or pork in a soup. If the wife fries something it is with very little oil, there is no deep frying in our home.....

    I have cut better then 95% of the sugar out of my diet, I have not had even a sip of a soda, or a bite of a cake, pie, icecream, cookies and only 3 bite sizes of chocolate since 12/27/2010..... All I drink is water with lemon, tea, skim milk and protein drinks......

    I drink whey protein twice a day, once in the morning, 2 scoops and 1 raw egg mixed with 12 ozs of skim milk, and once in the evening again, 2 scoops of whey protein, 1 raw egg, and 12 ozs of skim milk, a total of 100 grams of protein in those two shakes. At lunch I have 1 or 2 cartons of Atkins protein drink, and usually 2 peanut butter and jelly (sugarless jelly) sandwiches. At supper we eat fish, chicken, lean beef, pork usually made in a soup......

    I work out of my truck by myself, so I usually work through lunch have the protein shake and sandwiches while I am driving between jobs. My tool bag weighs 35 pounds and I am constantly carrying it from my truck to the job so I get a lot of exercise during my work day. After work I work out at the gym at least 4 days a week, usually 1:15-1:45 minutes with 30 minutes of it being aerobic... With the weights I do sets with the max weight I can handle for 6-10 reps.....

    I do have the discipline to stick with it. When I turned 40 I decided I wanted to get into shape, I joined a martial arts gym that just opened up and the first 25 people to sign up got a membership for $15 a month for life, good at any ATA gym anywhere in the country, I worked out there for 7 years 3-5 days a week, fought full contact twice a week and earned my 2nd degree in taekwondo before my ex canceled my membership while I was working out of town. ($#@@#$%&$$#@) The school had changed ownership from when I first joined and they would not reinstate my membership, to rejoin was $70 a month......

    I am not just on a diet trying to lose weight, I am making a lifestyle choice, if I want to be healthy and be able to physically enjoy my retirement I have to get back in shape and then stay in shape. I have 3 years left to work before I can retire, even if I continue to work after I retire it will be at a different job, part time with less stress and so I have more time to hunt.....




    HERE IS THE THING ABOUT RIGHTS, THEY'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE VOTED ON, THAT IS WHY THEY CALL THEM RIGHTS!

    "If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." --Samuel Adams

    MY LIBERTY AND FREEDOMS ARE NOT YOURS TO GIVE OR TAKE!.......THEY DIDN'T MAKE US FREE, WE WERE BORN FREE, AS LONG AS WE HAVE THE 2ND AMENDMENT WE WILL REMAIN FREE!






    CLICK LINK BELOW TO READ OUR RULES..

    TreasureNet.com Rules

  7. #22
    us
    Jan 2008
    78729
    dfx
    1,182
    4 times

    Re: YAAAAAA........I'm Down to 190 Pounds, first time in 20 years....

    Good. *(I didn't want to copy that ton of stuff).

    One thing that I did, was realize, that once I got to the position that I wanted to be in... It was no longer a 'hunger strike', but more of a lifestyle change, as you already mentioned. The thing that was the hardest for me, was trying to adopt a more normal eating behavior after it was over, versus the 'hunger strike' behavior. The most important thing you can realize, is that once your there, you don't need to lose any MORE weight, you just now need to maintain that weight. And hence, not needing such an intense behavior on weight lose. But instead, because you're already there... simply make 'easier' choices. And I can't stress this enough... during your time with this, you'll need snacks. Cans of Tuna was my snack. it might must work for you too. Straight tuna tastes ugly at first, but it's an acquired taste.

  8. #23
    Charter Member
    us
    *************** WHAT YOU DO WITH THE FINDS YOU DIG UP IS YOUR BUSINESS AND NO ONE ELSES, IGNORE ANYONE ON A SOAPBOX TRYING TO PREACH OTHERWISE! **************

    Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_ETrac Minelab_Safari Minelab_Excal_1500_WOT Excal_SEF_12x15 Sovereign GT Whites_6000_XL_Pro Whites_Classic_ID Troy_Shadow_X2 Tesoro_Conquistador Fisher_1235X Whites_Beach ID
    20,856
    8423 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Re: YAAAAAA........I'm Down to 190 Pounds, first time in 20 years....

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeofaustin
    Good. *(I didn't want to copy that ton of stuff).

    One thing that I did, was realize, that once I got to the position that I wanted to be in... It was no longer a 'hunger strike', but more of a lifestyle change, as you already mentioned. The thing that was the hardest for me, was trying to adopt a more normal eating behavior after it was over, versus the 'hunger strike' behavior. The most important thing you can realize, is that once your there, you don't need to lose any MORE weight, you just now need to maintain that weight. And hence, not needing such an intense behavior on weight lose. But instead, because you're already there... simply make 'easier' choices. And I can't stress this enough... during your time with this, you'll need snacks. Cans of Tuna was my snack. it might must work for you too. Straight tuna tastes ugly at first, but it's an acquired taste.
    LOL, right now I just counted 9 cans of tuna in my pantry, I love tuna, I usually snack on cheerios or plain popcorn in the evening. I never feel hungry because I am not really on a diet, if I want to eat I eat, wife and I went out to an all you can eat oriental buffet Saturday night, it included all the Alaskan king crabs I could eat too. Breakfast besides the protein shake is usually oatmeal, eggs grits, or rye toast with sugarless jelly and coffee.... Supper tonight was hamburger goulash with water and lemon, I had my protein shake after my workout tonight before I ate supper...........




    HERE IS THE THING ABOUT RIGHTS, THEY'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE VOTED ON, THAT IS WHY THEY CALL THEM RIGHTS!

    "If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." --Samuel Adams

    MY LIBERTY AND FREEDOMS ARE NOT YOURS TO GIVE OR TAKE!.......THEY DIDN'T MAKE US FREE, WE WERE BORN FREE, AS LONG AS WE HAVE THE 2ND AMENDMENT WE WILL REMAIN FREE!






    CLICK LINK BELOW TO READ OUR RULES..

    TreasureNet.com Rules

  9. #24
    us
    Jan 2008
    78729
    dfx
    1,182
    4 times

    Re: YAAAAAA........I'm Down to 190 Pounds, first time in 20 years....

    Not trying to take away from this post, but I recently ordered from my favorite Chinese food delivery. MSG was so bad that I got sick. it took some investigating before I realized that it was 'MSG' effect on my stomach. Thank god I had some pepto bismal.

  10. #25
    Charter Member
    us
    *************** WHAT YOU DO WITH THE FINDS YOU DIG UP IS YOUR BUSINESS AND NO ONE ELSES, IGNORE ANYONE ON A SOAPBOX TRYING TO PREACH OTHERWISE! **************

    Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_ETrac Minelab_Safari Minelab_Excal_1500_WOT Excal_SEF_12x15 Sovereign GT Whites_6000_XL_Pro Whites_Classic_ID Troy_Shadow_X2 Tesoro_Conquistador Fisher_1235X Whites_Beach ID
    20,856
    8423 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Re: YAAAAAA........I'm Down to 190 Pounds, first time in 20 years....

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeofaustin
    Not trying to take away from this post, but I recently ordered from my favorite Chinese food delivery. MSG was so bad that I got sick. it took some investigating before I realized that it was 'MSG' effect on my stomach. Thank god I had some pepto bismal.
    That is something that affects a lot of people..... Luckily for me I have an iron clad stomach and the wife being Filipino, doesn't seem to affect her, but I know people that it does....




    HERE IS THE THING ABOUT RIGHTS, THEY'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE VOTED ON, THAT IS WHY THEY CALL THEM RIGHTS!

    "If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." --Samuel Adams

    MY LIBERTY AND FREEDOMS ARE NOT YOURS TO GIVE OR TAKE!.......THEY DIDN'T MAKE US FREE, WE WERE BORN FREE, AS LONG AS WE HAVE THE 2ND AMENDMENT WE WILL REMAIN FREE!






    CLICK LINK BELOW TO READ OUR RULES..

    TreasureNet.com Rules

  11. #26
    Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2007
    Summit County, CO
    White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster
    5,401
    1222 times

    Re: YAAAAAA........I'm Down to 190 Pounds, first time in 20 years....

    Congratulations, Treasure_Hunter. Good job. Keep settin goals, reach them, and you'll stay inspired. I always wanted to gain weight, but never could.
    Just like Texas in 1880.

  12. #27
    Charter Member
    us
    *************** WHAT YOU DO WITH THE FINDS YOU DIG UP IS YOUR BUSINESS AND NO ONE ELSES, IGNORE ANYONE ON A SOAPBOX TRYING TO PREACH OTHERWISE! **************

    Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_ETrac Minelab_Safari Minelab_Excal_1500_WOT Excal_SEF_12x15 Sovereign GT Whites_6000_XL_Pro Whites_Classic_ID Troy_Shadow_X2 Tesoro_Conquistador Fisher_1235X Whites_Beach ID
    20,856
    8423 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Re: YAAAAAA........I'm Down to 190 Pounds, first time in 20 years....

    Quote Originally Posted by RGINN
    Congratulations, Treasure_Hunter. Good job. Keep settin goals, reach them, and you'll stay inspired. I always wanted to gain weight, but never could.
    I reset my goal after reaching my original goal.... When I hit 180, I will set another goal.... Once I reached 40 I found or my body found it easier to gain weight..... I weighed 130 when I joined the Airforce at 18, came out of bootcamp at 150, got out of the Airforce at 165 at age 23. When I turned 40 I was 175, Took up taekwando for 7 years and stayed about 170. I hit 230 on 12/31/2009 at age 60 and decided I needed to start losing weight. On 1/1/2011 I decided I needed to lose more weight and get back in shape to enjoy the 2nd half of my life....




    HERE IS THE THING ABOUT RIGHTS, THEY'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE VOTED ON, THAT IS WHY THEY CALL THEM RIGHTS!

    "If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." --Samuel Adams

    MY LIBERTY AND FREEDOMS ARE NOT YOURS TO GIVE OR TAKE!.......THEY DIDN'T MAKE US FREE, WE WERE BORN FREE, AS LONG AS WE HAVE THE 2ND AMENDMENT WE WILL REMAIN FREE!






    CLICK LINK BELOW TO READ OUR RULES..

    TreasureNet.com Rules

  13. #28
    Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2007
    Summit County, CO
    White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster
    5,401
    1222 times

    Re: YAAAAAA........I'm Down to 190 Pounds, first time in 20 years....

    Well dude, look at it this way. It's apparent you didn't lay around lazy and gain that weight. So that's good, and you're probably in good physical shape, actually. I never got over 155 so far. (Less than that now) God wouldn't let me, cause he knew if I got up to 220 I would probably just be walkin around and knockin on doors sayin 'Come on out, I'm gonna whup your a**!' Keep up the program.
    Just like Texas in 1880.

  14. #29
    Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2009
    South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
    Tesoro Conquistador freq shift Fisher F75 Garrett AT-Pro Larson mo jo pro Flippin stick
    12,717
    3195 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)

    Re: YAAAAAA........I'm Down to 190 Pounds, first time in 20 years....

    I am sure your beautiful wife is a great inspiration as well. Congratulations to you for making the leap. You will feel better and have a better quality of life for many years.
    I do not drink cokes or sugar drinks and Fence a couple times a week. It keeps me sore and bruised 4 out of 7 days each week but it keeps my reflexes mind and body strong. I think like you said just cutting out certain things will help you. My freezers are full of Venison,quail,pheasant and fresh fish. I think that helps a lot by eating lean wild meat.
    I can hammer a 20 oz venison steak and have less fat than a MacDonald's burger!
    You da man keep up the good work my friend!
    Tnmtns
    Please read our rules and enjoy the site. TreasureNet.com Rules

    All finds posted by me are from private property with landowner permission.

  15. #30
    Charter Member
    us
    Feb 2006
    SE, Virginia
    MineLab Excal II & Bounty Hunter Land Star
    1,062
    3 times

    Re: YAAAAAA........I'm Down to 190 Pounds, first time in 20 years....

    Congrats, thats great news. An ounce of prevention is worth more than a pound of cure. You must feel fantastic!
    When you feel down because you didnít
    get what you want, just sit tight and
    be happy, because God is thinking of
    something better to give you.

 

 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

good morning yaaaaaa i ' m enjoying my journey

,

i have just gone below 190 lbs for the first time in years

,

i'm down to 190 pounds

Click on a term to search for related topics.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.3