YAAAAAA........Im Down to 190 Pounds, first time in 20 years....

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
YAAAAAA........I'm Down to 190 Pounds, first time in 20 years....

I have been trying to lose some weight since last January, so far since 1/1/2010 when I weighed 219 pounds, I have lost 29 pounds so far...........

I have Lost 10 more pounds since I cut out most of my sugar. On 12/27/2010 I decided to cut my sugar intake down drastically, I have not had even a sip of a single soda, not even a bite of cake, pie, cookies, donut or candy either......

I have completely changed my eating habits, I look at the sugar content of all the foods I buy now, when I snack watching TV, its dry cheeros and water with lemon.

The wife and I also joined a gym, we are working out 3-4 days a week now, and have been since 1/1/2011.... My goal was 190 lbs, made that this weekend, my new goal now is 180 pounds.......

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Re: YAAAAAA........I'm Down to 190 Pounds, first time in 20 years....

I shot for 190#, couldn't quite get past 200. I think my enjoyment of life priorities are locked in to high. That's what happens when you get old. It's just not worth it. But I would like to compliment you on your achievement.

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Frankn said:
I shot for 190#, couldn't quite get past 200. I think my enjoyment of life priorities are locked in to high. That's what happens when you get old. It's just not worth it. But I would like to compliment you on your achievement.

Thank you sir, it is appreciated..... :wink:

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Congratulations.

About 2 years ago I weighed 225. I was content with my weight, but wanted to save money. I decided to start bringing my lunch to work. Not only did I cut out the fast food from my lunch, I cut out fast food totally. It's amazing what that and little changes in diet at home can do. I also drink water with lemon (have been for years) with the exception of some Gatorade when I hunt.

About 6 months ago, while at a birthday party, a friend's grandmother made a comment about how skinny I got. I found out later that she had asked someone if I had been sick ;D

When I heard that, I decided to hop on the scale. I had to have my wife confirm it for me. It said 185.

Since then I've been between 180-185.

Once again congrats and continued success. :icon_thumleft:

One thing I've noticed: when I was 225 it was much easier pushing that sand scoop in ;D

Squishy

Jul 19, 2009

Congratulations!! I know how tough that is. I am impressed that you have set a new goal too. I need to get motivated to lose some weight too. I've lost some, but I have more to go. I've been trying for the past few weeks but keep falling off the diet wagon. After reading this... maybe I'll give it another try!
Thanks!
-Mike-

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks for the encouragement... :icon_thumright:

I started loosing weight because I was getting heavier and I was going to have to buy a new wardrobe, decided it was cheaper to lose weight, problem is I'm back in the same position again, except now I'm starting to run out of clothes that aren't too loose....

While drying off after a shower, I took a hard look at myself in the bathroom counter mirror and decided I did not like what my chest and arms was starting to look like, I signed the wife and I up at a gym and we started strength training......... Wife had been wanting to join a gym for awhile, but she wouldn't go by herself, I decided it was time we both got started...

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

FANTASTIC!!

Hubby and I have both lost 40+ pounds in the last 6 months.

My biggest enemy is half and half in my coffee. (I take a lot of sugar, too), but, within the first 6 weeks of stopping the use of half and half, I
lost 11 pounds.

We have not cut out the snacks, etc., (we've cut back, but not cut out) but we have increased the activity level. More walks - lots more walking,
and, before we took our trip out to AZ in October, we packed our backpacks and climbed up and down ladders. (started that slowly, and then built up).

Now, its just a matter of maintenence.

I'm not a "sweets" kind of person, but, if I had to go without salted stuff (like chips) - I'd never make it. :headbang:

Good job!!

Beth

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other

Groooooovy! Nice going.

"A moment on the lips; a lifetime on the hips." But not in your case.

I know a fellow who's like 5'9 and 565 lbs. He just recently took the bariatrics route because he'd most likely die within a few years. This was about a week ago and so far so good.

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I have never had to worry about dieting.
I'm poor, can't eat as much as I'd like and have always worked in physical labor jobs.
I guess the secret is to eat right and get plenty of exercise.

My best to all who aspire to lose weight! :thumbsup:

Best Wishes,
Scott

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

:laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

AU24K,

Yea, I was like that, too - until I was about 55. Then it started "creeping" up - a pound, 2 pounds..........

In reality, its poor people who tend to get fatter easier. They eat more fatty foods (the cheaper, fattier hamburger, etc), lots of pastas, hot dogs and the like. (all high calorie). So, you need to burn more calories to stay at a good weight.

I think it crept up on me because, on a regular basis, I eat an almost "perfect" diet. Lots of veggies, most of my "snacks" are salads (and not with fattening dressings, either), have never eaten fat of any kind (don't like it) or things like skin on chicken - (don't like that either) - the key was, I think, is that, in the last few years, I wasn't doing all the activity that I was used to doing. "tools" that make your life easier is he!! on activity.
(like, why should I pull weeds out of the garden when I can just run the Mantis? Why should I dig all those holes for the new trees when I can just fire up the backhoe and dig-er-up? You get the idea).

The older you get, the smarter you work - and the less calories you burn :help:

I don't really believe in diets. I don't consider dropping 1/2 and 1/2 out of my coffee as "dieting".

Of course, the good side to this? I get to buy new jeans!!!

B

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

mrs.oroblanco said:
:laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

AU24K,

Yea, I was like that, too - until I was about 55. Then it started "creeping" up - a pound, 2 pounds..........

In reality, its poor people who tend to get fatter easier. They eat more fatty foods (the cheaper, fattier hamburger, etc), lots of pastas, hot dogs and the like. (all high calorie). So, you need to burn more calories to stay at a good weight.

I think it crept up on me because, on a regular basis, I eat an almost "perfect" diet. Lots of veggies, most of my "snacks" are salads (and not with fattening dressings, either), have never eaten fat of any kind (don't like it) or things like skin on chicken - (don't like that either) - the key was, I think, is that, in the last few years, I wasn't doing all the activity that I was used to doing. "tools" that make your life easier is he!! on activity.
(like, why should I pull weeds out of the garden when I can just run the Mantis? Why should I dig all those holes for the new trees when I can just fire up the backhoe and dig-er-up? You get the idea).

The older you get, the smarter you work - and the less calories you burn :help:

I don't really believe in diets. I don't consider dropping 1/2 and 1/2 out of my coffee as "dieting".

Of course, the good side to this? I get to buy new jeans!!!

B

I don't consider myself on a diet, I eat as much as I want, I just changed my eating habits started eating a lot healthier and stop eating a lot of empty calories like sodas, and sweets. I never feel hungry which I always did on a diet, wife and I went to a nice Oriental buffet Sat night, including all the Alaskan king crabs you want, ate my fill.... ;D Exercises I am doing for my health, and so when I retire I will be able to do things..

As you age you body metabolism slows down for most people so you burn less calories, if you don't increase your exercise, or cut down our your food intake your going to put on pounds...

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

before and after pic? :notworthy:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Treasure_Hunter said:
I have been trying to lose some weight since last January, so far since 1/1/2010 when I weighed 219 pounds, I have lost 29 pounds so far...........

I have Lost 10 more pounds since I cut out most of my sugar. On 12/27/2010 I decided to cut my sugar intake down drastically, I have not had even a sip of a single soda, not even a bite of cake, pie, cookies, donut or candy either......

I have completely changed my eating habits, I look at the sugar content of all the foods I buy now, when I snack watching TV, its dry cheeros and water with lemon.

The wife and I also joined a gym, we are working out 3-4 days a week now, and have been since 1/1/2011.... My goal was 190 lbs, made that this weekend, my new goal now is 180 pounds.......

Congrats! But I'm curious, do you think you will, or do you already, notice the lighter weight when wading in the surf? :dontknow:

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

bigscoop said:
Treasure_Hunter said:

Congrats! But I'm curious, do you think you will, or do you already, notice the lighter weight when wading in the surf? :dontknow:

Was in the water this weekend, didn't really notice anything yet, I think the only time I will notice it is when I am trying to hunt chest deep... I did try my wetsuits on, although I did not wear any this weekend, they are a better fit..... ;D

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Treasure_Hunter said:
bigscoop said:
Treasure_Hunter said:

Was in the water this weekend, didn't really notice anything yet, I think the only time I will notice it is when I am trying to hunt chest deep... I did try my wetsuits on, although I did not wear any this weekend, they are a better fit..... ;D
:laughing7: :thumbsup: Have any luck?

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

bigscoop said:
Treasure_Hunter said:
bigscoop said:
Treasure_Hunter said:

I have completely changed my eating habits, I look at the sugar content of all the foods I buy now, when I snack watching TV, its dry Cheerios and water with lemon.

Yes found LOTS OF SAND..... :laughing7: Found little less then a $1.00 in change, 4 pulltabs, and one junk bracelet, the only good thing is the bracelet had 3 skulls on it so I will make something with those for detecting....

On another note, the eye candy was really nice :o, and after having cataract surgery on both eyes I was able to enjoy it even more.... ;D

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Treasure_Hunter said:
bigscoop said:
Treasure_Hunter said:
bigscoop said:
Treasure_Hunter said:

I have completely changed my eating habits, I look at the sugar content of all the foods I buy now, when I snack watching TV, its dry Cheerios and water with lemon.

Yes found LOTS OF SAND..... :laughing7: Found little less then a $1.00 in change, 4 pulltabs, and one junk bracelet, the only good thing is the bracelet had 3 skulls on it so I will make something with those for detecting....

On another note, the eye candy was really nice :o, and after having cataract surgery on both eyes I was able to enjoy it even more.... ;D
Don't you know you can go blind looking at that? :laughing7:
Though I've hunted it several times before moving here, I'm still not use to the endless expanse of beach down here, still seems a bit overwhelming at times. And then there's all the endless eye candy to distract me..........I figure my efficiency has dropped about 50%! :laughing7:

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Congs on the weigh lost. I am also starting again to start my eating program. Last year I went from 247 to 190 but then I had surgey and went back up to 203 I felt so much better at 190 plus I got off my insulin no more shots. I am not wanting to get down to 180 so I am starting to watch what I eat again. Trying to cut out my sweets again but it is kind of hard when the wife and kid eats all that sweet stuff around you.

I wish you luck in your goal I sure you can do it......Matt

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim

congratulations! It is so easy to put it on and so hard to take it off. Keep up the good work!

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx

Not sure if this was already said, but I've learned a thing or three from doing what you're doing. First and foremost, realize that it was a fight to get where you are at right now, but it's NOT a fight to maintain it. It's just a marginal "watch out" principle. For example, when I lost my weight, I would eat;
breakfast: 1 slice of bread with turkey. that's it.
Lunch: 1 can of tuna and mustard.
Dinner: I wasn't' so demanding of myself here, but I did eat small dinners, mostly greens and proteins, but I ALWAYS went to bed hungry.

After I got to where I wanted to be, I wasn't that extreme on myself and I simply limited myself to what I ate. For example, breakfast 'could' consist of a 3 egg omlette with ham and cheese, toast and OJ.. but you don't want to do that. It's too easy to fall back into that groove. You could easily get away with just one egg, slice of ham/turkey on TWO slices of bread. Lunch? Tuna sandwich... Dinner? Loads of greens. Don't ever feel like you need to curb your self of greens. They will only do you good... and they will also fill that empty spot in your stomach.

The thing that I kept in mind was the very fact that my stomach got a lot smaller during my fasting.... and it was very tempting to increase it again. If you can get into a modest intake of food after the battle, you'll be fine. It's also very hard when your workmates want to go for lunch at fatty MacFatty Burger with Loads of cheese and gravy. also, one thing that people do is keep 'snacks' around their desk when they're hungry. I kept about a dozen can's of tuna. When I was hungry? Open it up with some mustard... instead snack!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions