got spanked by a judge today

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
I agree. by omission of 'not doing the right thing when asked of you, like jury duty', you do become no better than the 'criminal' on trial.

Actually you seem to have misunderstood me farmerchick. A citizen cannot possibly be doing the right thing if the socalled right thing involves the citizen to take part in something that is corrupt. The court system is corrupt, the entire political system is corrupt,when you choose to partake in jury duty you become part of that corruption. So it seems to me that shirking your jury duty is more patriotic than taking part in the corruption.

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no it isn't cause that "one time" and obviously "more than one time" it works then yes you did your duty.

how does anyone know they are 'truly in the corrupt' situation
they don't

heck you are guilty of juding a case even before it goes to trial.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Red James cash said:
I agree. by omission of 'not doing the right thing when asked of you, like jury duty', you do become no better than the 'criminal' on trial.

Actually you seem to have misunderstood me farmerchick. A citizen cannot possibly be doing the right thing if the socalled right thing involves the citizen to take part in something that is corrupt. The court system is corrupt, the entire political system is corrupt,when you choose to partake in jury duty you become part of that corruption. So it seems to me that shirking your jury duty is more patriotic than taking part in the corruption.

It is more patriotic to refuse jury duty than take part :icon_scratch: So who is the jury made up of, or is there even a jury? :icon_scratch:

You say "The court system is corrupt, the entire political system is corrupt, when you choose to partake in jury duty you become part of that corruption." Using your reasoning what is left? :icon_scratch: No military, no voting, no court system, just anarchy.....

This thread has become extremely political, IMPO it should be moved to the Politics Forum...

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It can be a real bummer but is interesting to see it all unfold. The cheesy lawyers the self righteous prosecutors the more than occasional juror that are totally clueless. An individual trapped in a system trying to prove their innocence some guilty as hell others trapped by over zealous law enforcement officers and backed by the government doing everything to prove them guilty and get that conviction at all cost.
I would hope if I was charged with a crime and was NOT guilty and it went to trial as I most certainly would take it that justice and a jury of peers would prevail.
It is all a game and almost a racket and maybe I am just dreaming.

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure_Hunter said:
Red James cash said:

It is more patriotic to refuse jury duty than take part :icon_scratch: So who is the jury made up of, or is there even a jury? :icon_scratch:

You say "The court system is corrupt, the entire political system is corrupt, when you choose to partake in jury duty you become part of that corruption." Using your reasoning what is left? :icon_scratch: No military, no voting, no court system, just anarchy.....

This thread has become extremely political, IMPO it should be moved to the Politics Forum...
i see this has hit a nerve in some peeps but no matter wat you have to show up. :read2:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Nice thing

YOU, as a juror armed with the knowledge of the purpose of a jury trial, and the knowledge of what your Rights, powers, and duties really are, can with your single vote of not guilty nullify or invalidate any law involved in that case. Because a jury's guilty decision must be unanimous, it takes only one vote to effectively nullify a bad "act of the legislature". Your one vote can "hang" a jury; and although it won't be an acquittal, at least the defendant will not be convicted of violating an unjust or unconstitutional law.

Jury nullification occurs in a trial when a jury reaches a verdict contrary to the weight of the evidence and contrary to the letter of the law (an official rule, and especially a legislative enactment). A jury exercising its power of nullification need not disagree with the judge's instructions themselves—which concern what the law is—but may rule contrary to the instruction in light of the actual evidence admitted in the case.
A jury verdict contrary to the letter of the law pertains only to the particular case before it; however, if a pattern of identical verdicts develops in response to repeated attempts to prosecute a statutory offense, it can have the de facto effect of invalidating the statute. A pattern of jury nullification may indicate public opposition to an unwanted legislative enactment.

http://www.greenmac.com/eagle/ISSUES/ISSUE23-9/07JuryNullification.html

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread