my wife is hot. i need some help

OP
OP
jon43

jon43

Jan 18, 2006
owensboro , ky
packerbacker said:
Do you have more than 1 breaker for the A/C? Some people will use 2 breakers, side-by-side, with 110 running from each to get the 220. If one were to think the power was off to the A/C by just shutting off one breaker could create a safety problem. The other breaker would still be running 110 to the A/C unit. If it's a 220 A/C (probably is) there should be 1 breaker. It would look like 2 breakers but the switch handles would be connected. You could not shut one off without turning off the other. Again I'm guessing it's 220 and would require a minimum 30 amp breaker running 10 or even 8 AWG wire to your unit depending on the amps the unit draws. If 2 separate breakers are being used, the very minimum I would do is to drill a hole through both breaker handles and connect them with something like a small diameter nail. Just something that, if something goes wrong or someone wants to work on it, BOTH breakers would trip or have to be turned off. Hard to say what might be wrong without understanding exactly what you have.
yes, it looks like two breakers but with a pin down the middle of them

OP
OP
jon43

jon43

Jan 18, 2006
owensboro , ky
fleamistress said:
jon43 said:
ok folks, what a dumb a.. i am ::) when some thing gos wrong with things you are supposed to look at simple things first. breaker box in the house :P case solved :D

This year's nominee for Village Idiot. Anybody second that? ;D
i second that :D

R

rvbvetter

I dunno I was village idiot last year. Kinda hate to lose my crown and title. But then I guess, I could always make a run for it next year.
Any limit to how many terms in office? HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread