What kind of sunglasses do you use??

colorado14ers

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2010
Naples, Fl
Detector(s) used
whites M6, Surfmaster PI
Do you use name brand ones(Guess, Ray-Ban, Oakley, etc) or a cheap pair? Nothing wrong with the $10 pair but i use Oakleys ( the only reason is because i found them). Im looking at a pair of Oakley Flak-Jacket XLJs though. What kind do you use? :dontknow: ;D

I know....dumb thread but i got bored and had to post something :laughing9: :tongue3:

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2006
In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern Californi
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was water hunting in Lake Tahoe about 3 years ago and found a nice expensive pair of Smith sunglases laying on the clear sandy bottom. They were about $100.00 retail at the time. Still use them mainly when I drive.

I never wear sunglases when park hunting, you can't see the coin in the bottom of the hole when wearing them. But will wear them when I water hunt.

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hubby wears anti-glare suped-up super expensive fishing sunglasses. He swears his eyes require expensive sunglasses. YAWN

I buy at Dollar General store. I pay tops $7 per pair. I have like 6 pairs in funky shapes and colors. I love to have tons of sunglasses in all lens colors too. Any pair works fine on me, I can handle the cheap ones :laughing7:

WindHarvester

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker 2 - My eyes
Cheap pairs of safety sunglasses a guy gets me from the electric company where his son works.

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After finally being able to afford a pair of Serengettis, I lost them the same day. Ouch!!

Now I wear $10 sunglasses, the only thing I look for is for an undistorted reflection when I look down on the outside of the lens in a store. Try to see a long linear feature, fluorescent lights are the best, it's OK if they bend but the bending should be even, not distorted. That causes eyestrain and will give you headaches.

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get these from Home Depot, they are safety glasses and I also wear them when riding my motorcycle. They fit snug around your face and air can't get in and make your eyes water when you are riding. They also don't have a frame around it to obscure your vision like regular glasses do.

These are around $5.00. I got all my Army buddies who buy high dollar different brands, etc, like Oakleys, and they loose or break them not very long after getting them and are out $90-$110. The ones I buy, usually after about 2 years I replace them so I am only out $5.00!

Here is a link to them to show what they look like, I get them in smoke and clear.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1TF8NMMT7K03A2H3EDRN

WindHarvester

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker 2 - My eyes
TheHarleyMan2 said:
I get these from Home Depot, they are safety glasses and I also wear them when riding my motorcycle. They fit snug around your face and air can't get in and make your eyes water when you are riding. They also don't have a frame around it to obscure your vision like regular glasses do.

These are around $5.00. I got all my Army buddies who buy high dollar different brands, etc, like Oakleys, and they loose or break them not very long after getting them and are out $90-$110. The ones I buy, usually after about 2 years I replace them so I am only out $5.00!

Here is a link to them to show what they look like, I get them in smoke and clear.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1TF8NMMT7K03A2H3EDRN

Those are identical to the type I wear, great shades and as you said you don't really have to worry about loosing them or breaking them.

I would recommend these to anyone and I used to be one of those expensive sunglass kind of guys.

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
High-priced sunglasses are just that!....High Priced! It's hard to believe how much America has fallen into the name brand syndrome and even school kids are looked down upon if they aren't wearing some overpriced product just because of the name. Of course I come from a time long, long ago where you didn't wear a ballcap in class much less wear it backwards where the visor serves no purpose whatsoever. Then again, maybe they need the visor to shade their a$$cracks 'cause their pants are hung too low. ;D

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
packerbacker said:
High-priced sunglasses are just that!....High Priced! It's hard to believe how much America has fallen into the name brand syndrome and even school kids are looked down upon if they aren't wearing some overpriced product just because of the name. Of course I come from a time long, long ago where you didn't wear a ballcap in class much less wear it backwards where the visor serves no purpose whatsoever. Then again, maybe they need the visor to shade their a$$cracks 'cause their pants are hung too low. ;D

I use flee market or garage sale sunglasses as long as they are UV, polorized....I see no need to buy glasses just for the name, much less expensive glasses in the water, and I usually end up with many pairs to choose from after hunting the beaches a few weeks......

lonesomebob

Jul 14, 2005
Napoleon MI 49201
Detector(s) used
Garrett
I wear glasses that turn almost black in the sun, only problem is that I have to stop a moment when I come inside, they do make all pretty girls hair have a red tint, but I love redheads. Bob

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At the moment I wear Ray-Ban, but that's because I paid $3 for them at a garage sale. Other than that I wear whatever I can get for $5 or less. :thumbsup:

In a related matter. I listed some Vintage sunglasses on Ebay a couple days ago. They both already have a starting bid ($24.99) and between the 2 pairs there are over 30 watchers with 5 days left. People are crazy.

Goose-0

Dec 25, 2006
Central Minnnesota
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & VX3
My 1st pair = $1 at a dollar store. My 2nd pair = $5 at a WalMart store in Mesa, Az when I went down to watch the Chi Cubs this yr for 3 spring practice games. (Sorry for bringing up the Cubs....last world series win = 103 yrs ago....last Nat. league champs = 66 yrs ago) Do I suffer? No, it's a natural thing....I'm used to it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions