Act of Civil War: Sheriff stands up to BLM agents

lostcauses

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2008
Frankn said:
The link listed in Harley's post. Justice Scalia layed it all out for all to see.
Frank

Thanks Frankn.
I do like that one. It does amazes me what people try to make out of it.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/supct/html/95-1478.ZO.html
For a better read of the case.
http://supreme.justia.com/us/521/898/case.html
That one is 81 pages of it. End result is that trying to force CLEO to do a background check is wrong. Voluntarily yes, force no.
Such acts do keep the separation of State and Federal Government as it should be. It does not mean the Sheriff has more power than the "Feds"
These two Sheriffs did what they did, in the correct manner. They challenged the orders to do so in the Judaical branch of the US government and they were right.

I agree with the ruling. Sheriffs and other non federal Law enforcement, should not be the ones to have to protect the constitution, and the federal rules and regulations covering federal lands. Why should the burden and cost be placed upon the states, county and municipality, unless such so desires to do so??

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Nothing in this subchapter shall be construed in any way to diminish, restrict, or
impair any right which has been heretofore or may be hereafter initiated
under existing law validly affecting the public lands, and which is
maintained pursuant to such law except as otherwise expressly provided
in this subchapter nor to affect any land heretofore or hereafter
surveyed which, except for the provisions of this subchapter, would be a
part of any grant to any State, nor as limiting or restricting the power
or authority of any State as to matters within its jurisdiction.

http://frwebgate3.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/TEXTgate.cgi?WAISdocID=ZCAneu/16/1/0&WAISaction=retrieve

And that link came from this one:

http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi...erTemplate=uscode_wrapper.html&WAISmaxHits=40

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
AUDuke, I was responding to your post #26. :icon_scratch:

Again, I was revealing how you are incorrect.
And at this point, you either need to back read our posts or just give up the ghost.
Anyone here can and go back through our posts on this thread and clearly see that I have responded to your statements or questions. It is also clear that you were wrong.

AUDuke

Apr 20, 2008
Quartzsite AZ
Detector(s) used
TDI, GB, GM-4, Vaquero, F75, Cibola, Compadre, Stingray, ML Explorer
AUDuke said:
GrayCloud said:
AUDuke, I am with you as for saving the Wild Horse Herds. I have no issue there and would even agree to reducing the cattle count on open range to save the horses. But to say that big ranchers are costing us money by free grazing, I beg to differ. BLM (Government Control) is the problem, not the ranchers. This is just my opinion and you certainly have the right to yours. :thumbsup:
I don't think I said that the ranchers are costing us money by free grazing. Most ranchers pay thier grazing fees.
???Again. What was the question.

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Okay AUDuke, lets get this over with and then I am going it ignore you from this point on. :icon_scratch:

AUDuke Post #6 Big cattle ranchers should not be allowed to fatten their cows on Public Land at Tax Payers Expense.

AUDuke Post #9 I am not allowed to go on Public Land and start raising chickens or goats, why should ranchers be allowed to do it with cows for Free.

Me Post #12 But to say that ranchers are costing us money, I beg to differ.

AUDuke Post #26 I don't think I said ranchers are costing us money by free grazing. Most ranchers pay for their Graving Fees.

Me Post #39 AUDuke, not trying to beat this horse to death,,,But the answer to your question is on Post #6
Tax Payers + Us.
AUDuke Post#40 What question.

Me Post #43 AUDuke, I was responding to your Post #26. And I was revealing how you are incorrect. And at this point, you either need to back read our posts or give up the ghost. Anyone can go back through our posts on this thread and clearly see that I have responded to your statements or questions. It is also clear that you were wrong.

AUDuke Post #44 Again what question?

Now AUDuke, When you posted on # 26 (I don't think I said ranchers are costing us money by free grazing.

That Sir is an implied Question.

And you have clearly contradicted your self, on more than one occasion.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
AU Duke, what Gray Cloud is saying is that you contradicted yourself.
Post 6 states at tax payers expense.
Post 26 states didn't say at tax payers exp.
I believe Gray Cloud made his point.
Frank

AUDuke

Apr 20, 2008
Quartzsite AZ
Detector(s) used
TDI, GB, GM-4, Vaquero, F75, Cibola, Compadre, Stingray, ML Explorer
You have completely missed the point. :read2:. Im done.

Sky Pilot

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Tellico Plains, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Several Fisher, Tesoro, White's and Garrett's
Hell, that's simple.

I will always stand with Brother GrayCloud and the rest of my brothers and sisters here!

No one else can or should be expected to help us solve our problems, it's up to us!

There's a lot more folks like the sheriff out there than the bullies take into account.

Sky Pilot

Cherokee_Kidd

Feb 16, 2010
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think we need another civil war, 1 was enough but I do think we need to stop giving the government so much power. I do think there will be another war on our soil but I don't think it'll be another civil war . I think it will be another country attacking us similar to the film Red Dawn and the video game Homefront because our government has ran our economy into the ground which makes us look weak to our enemies. We also need to go back to the way our money used to be because our Dollar is almost worthless now.

Cherokee_Kidd

Feb 16, 2010
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also think we need to do something about State Troopers who don't do their job properly because I've had run ins with state troopers in 3 different states who harrassed me because of the way I look. I was riding in the vehicle with my brother in law in Kentucky back in 98 and we had been out relic hunting all day and we pulled into a motel parking lot then I looked up and saw the lights flashing behind us and the trooper walked up to the car and ordered us out of the car . We tried to ask what was wrong and he said shut up and get on the ground. He had us there for over a hour making bs allegations . I finally told him if he kept harassing us that we would sue him and he got mad and said Fine get the hell out of here, we don't like your kind here. I had the same experience with state troopers in New Mexico in 2006 and in Colorado in 2007 and 2008 with the same trooper 5 different times, he actually took my brother in laws driver's license away from him twice for no reason but the trooper finally lost his job because he was doing the samething to alot of people. The trooper in New Mexico was the one who got on my nerves the most cause he kept asking me if I was mexican and when I said no he called me a liar and I said I'm cherokee and he started making racial comments about native americans and his partner got mad at him because his partner has native americans in his family so they got into a argument which I thought was funny. Basically, I don't think people who use race as a reason to judge someone should be allowed to be in law enforcement at all.

Sky Pilot

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Tellico Plains, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Several Fisher, Tesoro, White's and Garrett's
I agree the power of the federal government needs to be reigned in but it's like a tax put on something: Once it's there, they ain't gonna give it up.

Some cops are just jerks that hide behind the authority given to them by their districts, but a lot of them deal with so many lowlifes on a day to day basis that it becomes, well..

a way of dealing with most everyone. While it isn't right, it is an inherent risk of the job, so to speak. But with authority comes responsibility and accountability (for an individual as well as a

government), both demand that a police officer (or government) never treat or speak to a person in the manner you described without cause. In all truth, the example you cited with state police

would work equally well with the government. There are examples where both have abused their power, and in those instances, that power needs to be revoked.

Sky Pilot

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
At this point I consider the present muslim and his trash in the White House as the enemy. No bones about it, because he has evil intent for the United States.
Cherokee, sorry to hear about your problems with state troopers, but it is not always a racial issue. Sometimes those little uniforms tend to give them the big head and make them think they are all power. I do not look nearly as Indian as my father did and I have too been harassed. One tried to give me a ticket in-between Jena and Jonesville, Louisiana. He stated that I was doing 72mph. I was driving a International 4200 with a 250 Cat. Top speed loaded was 57 mph. Told him that and he kept writing. Then I told him to get on the radio and call for help, because he was a fix-in to need it. He slammed his door shut and slung rocks all over me spinning out of there. If he really thought I was speeding, he would have pulled his gun or called for help. He knew I was not speeding, he was just harassing us poor gravel haulers, out there trying to feed our families. He dang sure is not the only dirty cop that I have met in my days.

Cherokee_Kidd

Feb 16, 2010
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have alot of bad luck with cops . I always manage to run into racist cops . I remember when I was about 14 I was walking to my sisters house and she lived out in the sticks and I was walking down the dirt road and a cop pulled up and told me to stop and I turned around and asked what he wanted and he started calling me racist names and asking me what someone like me was doing out there and if I had just jump the border etc. I said no I was born in this country and my people were here way before yours were cause I'm cherokee and that seemed to only make him mad cause he started claiming that it didn't matter what I was that I looked like a mexican to him so he could have me deported. I laughed at him and said well if you think you can then why don't try it cause when my family finds out you aint gonna be able to hide . He said what the hell is that supposed to mean and I said well my uncle is a judge and my other uncle is the police cheif, genius. He looked at me like he just left a mess in his pants and jumped in his car and spun his car around trying to get away from me as fast as he could.

oragonads

Jan 27, 2011
I believe free grazing would somewhat help the economy. The cost of raising cattle would go down because cattle ranchers won't have to spend as much money to feed the cattle. Thus, beef prices would be lower. Also beef would be of higher quality because cattle won't be eating all that nasty processed feed.

Over grazing was a problem in the older days because it wasn't regulated right. As long as ranchers keep moving there cattle over grazing wouldn't be a problem, and if the rancher fails, there's a fine.

tapoutking

Jun 27, 2007
Simi Valley California
"The federal government is Constitutionally allowed to own as much land as it wishes in any state with this caveat: The states must cede control to the federal government.

States and commonwealths that existed at the time the Constitution was written were given incentives to trade their western lands (think Ohio, Kentucky, Mississippi, etc.) to the federal government in exchange for debt relief and resettling native people. Texas entered the union with the provision that the state would control most of the land (which may be what Joshua's friend was thinking of.)

Following the Louisiana purchase, the federal government considered itself the sole owner of previously "unimproved" and unclaimed western lands that it purchased or otherwise acquired; so the states were de facto and de jure wholly owned by the federal government, which over time used various incentives to get people to move there . . . or not.

A somewhat interesting recap of federal laws concerning federal land ownership is http://digital.library.unt.edu/govdocs/crs/permalink/meta-crs-1009:1"

The United States government has direct ownership of almost 650 million acres of land (2.63 million square kilometers) – nearly 30% of its total territory. These federal lands are used as military bases or testing grounds, nature parks and reserves and indian reservations, or are leased to the private sector for commercial exploitation (e.g. forestry, mining, agriculture). They are managed by different administrations, such as the Bureau of Land Management, the US Forest Service, the US Fish and Wildlife Service, the National Park Service, the Bureau of Indian Affairs, the US Department of Defense, the US Army Corps of Engineers, the US Bureau of Reclamation or the Tennessee Valley Authority.

This map details the percentage of state territory owned by the federal government. The top 10 list of states with the highest percentage of federally owned land looks like this:

Nevada 84.5%
Alaska 69.1%
Utah 57.4%
Oregon 53.1%
Idaho 50.2%
Arizona 48.1%
California 45.3%
Wyoming 42.3%
New Mexico 41.8%
Colorado 36.6%

Notable is that all these states are in the West (except Alaska, which strictly speaking is also a western state, albeit northwestern). Also notable is the contrast between the highest and the lowest percentages of federal land ownership. The US government owns a whopping 84.5% of Nevada, but only a puny 0.4% of Rhode Island and Connecticut. The lowest-percentage states are mainly in the East, but some are also in the Midwest and in the South:

Connecticut 0.4%
Rhode Island 0.4%
Iowa 0.8%
New York 0.8%
Maine 1.1%
Kansas 1.2%
Nebraska 1.4%
Alabama 1.6%
Ohio 1.7%
Illinois 1.8%

Even the 10th place is still below the two percent mark. One territory is not specified on the map: Washington D.C. It could be argued that this is the only main administrative division of US territory to be fully owned by the federal government. It could, but that would be wrong – and upsetting to those private citizens who own part of the nation’s capital in the form of their real estate. It would be more correct to state that the District of Columbia by default falls under the direct tutelage of the Federal Government."

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
The West is where the minerals are at. :icon_scratch:
More government control. :(

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GrayCloud said:
The West is where the minerals are at. :icon_scratch:
More government control. :(

And coal and oil and oil shale BC!
But If they can introduce enough propoganda to hide this fact maybe we will forget that it costs 15$ a gallon for gas!

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Facts that the White House does not want us to know or use.
:icon_scratch:
The United States has more Oil, Natural Gas and Coal than almost the rest of the world combined. Yet we are held hostage by obama, democrat party, EPA, every green energy scam in the country and the muslim oil producers. We are going to have to take our Country back. Get out and vote common sense in office.

Bubba707

Dec 28, 2010
N E Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
DFX, AT Pro, Vaquero, Cortes
GrayCloud said:
Facts that the White House does not want us to know or use.
:icon_scratch:
The United States has more Oil, Natural Gas and Coal than almost the rest of the world combined. Yet we are held hostage by obama, democrat party, EPA, every green energy scam in the country and the muslim oil producers. We are going to have to take our Country back. Get out and vote common sense in office.

Ain't gonna happen. Nobody with any common sense is gonna get on any ballot.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread