Act of Civil War: Sheriff stands up to BLM agents

Gold_Striker

Sep 27, 2010
Denver,CO
Detector(s) used
xterra 705 by minelab
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I just found out that this even happened.

http://sheriffmack.com/
It began with one Sheriff speaking with other Sheriffs about their oaths to uphold the constitution. A new movement is growing in this country in support of limited government, constitutional principles, states rights and a stronger role for sheriffs to play against federal abuse of power. In this 3-part video interview with Tony DeMeo, Sheriff of Nye County, Nevada, he explains that he is a Constitutional Sheriff and that authority for public office holders is derived from the people:
http://www.infowars.com/constitutional sheriff-tony-demeo/

In his own words Sheriff Tony DeMeo describes an incident where federal agents of the BLM threaten him with arrest while the Sheriff issues his own threats of an armed response if illegal seizures of private property in his county continue. Imagine if BLM authorities went ahead with their "normal" operations of seizing cattle found on public property in direct opposition to Sheriff Tony DeMeo warnings? We would witness a standoff with dire consequences.

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
I am with you Boys. It is time to stop the government oppression and thievery. >:(

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heck, I'm in too... back off and stay outta our lives ... Lock n load time. :thumbsup:

AUDuke

Apr 20, 2008
Quartzsite AZ
Detector(s) used
TDI, GB, GM-4, Vaquero, F75, Cibola, Compadre, Stingray, ML Explorer
Big cattle ranchers should not be allowed to fatten thier cows on PUBLIC land at tax payers expense. JMO

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Hold on there, lets get back to reality.
Open range is part of our history. Open range is not just for the Big Ranchers. It is for all, even the Little Rancher with one cow. Yes, one cow. My Uncle had five cows on open range back in the 60's.
The liberal talking point is Big Business, Big Oil Men and now Big Ranchers. :icon_scratch:
Who employs people in this country? I tell you who, Big Business, Big Oil Men and Big Ranchers.
Without them, this economy will completely fold. They and we are America.
When and why did they become the so called enemy? And how does that serve the liberal agenda? :dontknow:
And by the way, those cows on open range do not cost any of us one red cent. :icon_scratch:

AUDuke

Apr 20, 2008
Quartzsite AZ
Detector(s) used
TDI, GB, GM-4, Vaquero, F75, Cibola, Compadre, Stingray, ML Explorer
I am not allowed to go on public land and start raising chickens or goats, why should a rancher be allowed to do it with cows for free? This is not India, cows are not sacred. Its because the ranchers want more grazing for their cows that the BLM is trying to decimate the wild horse herds. This is not 1880 (regardless of what some may think) "open range" is not free for the taking.The BLM does not own any land ( except maybe where their offices are located) they are only administrators for PUBLIC land.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AUDuke said:
I am not allowed to go on public land and start raising chickens or goats, why should a rancher be allowed to do it with cows for free? This is not India, cows are not sacred. Its because the ranchers want more grazing for their cows that the BLM is trying to decimate the wild horse herds. This is not 1880 (regardless of what some may think) "open range" is not free for the taking.The BLM does not own any land ( except maybe where their offices are located) they are only administrators for PUBLIC land.
Have you tried? ::)

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
SALUTE!! i wish Sheriff DeMeo was my neibhor! we need more people in law enforcement to act in this mannor!he has taken ownership of his job and applied it to defend our rights!

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AUDuke, I am with you as for saving the Wild Horse Herds. I have no issue there and would even agree to reducing the cattle count on open range to save the horses. But to say that big ranchers are costing us money by free grazing, I beg to differ. BLM (Government Control) is the problem, not the ranchers. This is just my opinion and you certainly have the right to yours. :thumbsup:

Gravel Hog

Dec 11, 2010
N. Cal - Born & Raised
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Point is that freedoms are being taken everywhere from everyone and thinking like this: "Big cattle ranchers should not be allowed to fatten thier cows on PUBLIC land at tax payers expense." will not get them back.
Must be a vegetarian might even be against suction dredgers, sounds like "greenie" comments to me. I would expect next a comment that says that greedy miners are fattening their pockets on public lands too.

Either we make a stand or we loose. 1776 Good Example!!!

lostcauses

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2008
"The Congress shall have Power to dispose of and make all needful Rules and Regulations respecting the Territory or other Property belonging to the United States; and nothing in this Constitution shall be so construed as to Prejudice any Claims of the United States, or of any particular State. "
From United States Constitution, Article 4, section 3 clause 2.

And from that, is about 3,500 laws or so concerning the government lands, Hmm I wounder if the Sheriff even Knows much of them, or even cares. A good political game for him..

Also BS.

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
So you (lost causes) are saying that Sheriff of Nye Co., NV Tony DeMeo has less legal authority on BLM than BLM agents? Just making sure I understand you. Because I think you are correct. Local jurisdiction does not have legal control over federal lands.

I don't understand everything Sheriff DeMeo is talking about. It seems at this point to be his word against someone else's. No names are named except his. But it is my understanding that a Sheriff does not have jurisdiction over BLM. Nor does BLM have jurisdiction over private lands, only BLM lands. In the State of Oregon, BLM will lease land for cattle grazing. Is there a legal grazing rights contract out there somewhere? Who owns the cattle on the land? If "big ranchers" own the cattle but do not have grazing rights to the land, the livestock on on BLM land illegally.

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Gravel Hog, You and I think along the same lines. I spent about seven months out your way two years ago, scratching in the dirt and getting my feet wet in your rivers. Plan on getting back out there, but this time I will buy a claim or two and not free graze. :thumbsup:

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What most people don't realize is that the ONLY JURISDICTION EQUIVILENT to a Sheriff is the U.S. Marshal and Department of Justice. That means FBI, CIA, and other federal agencies DO NOT SUPERCEED the Sheriffs authority in ANY COUNTY OR STATE!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheriffs_in_the_United_States

lostcauses

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2008
Tuberale said:
So you (lost causes) are saying that Sheriff of Nye Co., NV Tony DeMeo has less legal authority on BLM than BLM agents? Just making sure I understand you. Because I think you are correct. Local jurisdiction does not have legal control over federal lands.

I don't understand everything Sheriff DeMeo is talking about. It seems at this point to be his word against someone else's. No names are named except his. But it is my understanding that a Sheriff does not have jurisdiction over BLM. Nor does BLM have jurisdiction over private lands, only BLM lands. In the State of Oregon, BLM will lease land for cattle grazing. Is there a legal grazing rights contract out there somewhere? Who owns the cattle on the land? If "big ranchers" own the cattle but do not have grazing rights to the land, the livestock on on BLM land illegally.

As for the Sheriff, it would come under the laws of the State and county he is in, to what his authority and rights are. Some places differ in that aspect.

Federal officers such as BLM, have the right to enforce the laws on the federal owned lands and property assigned to them.

As for the grazing: it started with the Taylor Grazing act "Taylor Grazing Act of 1934 (43 USC 315), signed by President Roosevelt".
This resulted from the lack of management and of course the over grazing and degrading the lands.

This was preempted by the Federal Land Policy and Management Act of 1976.
It also has been amended in 1978, 1984, 1986, 1988, 1990-1992, 1994 and 1996, from
http://wildlifelaw.unm.edu/fedbook/flpma.html

Here is a good page to start to get the United States federal public land legislation

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:United_States_federal_public_land_legislation

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow. I am always amazed at the way that people would change this country! Most of the posters now instinctively that the federal government was not formed to own property and was in fact formed to protect free peoples ability to own property without competeing with the government.
At around the Teddy Roosevelt era he made a huge push to protect lands from the Americans he swore to defend. Factually I have to agree that there are a couple of places that I am glad are not private property because I love to see them. But the BLM lands are nearly blasphemous.
This practice is a huge overeach of government, And the process of Leasing these properties is not much more than marxism in picking winners and losers of buisiness.
We must not forget that we were born free and should respect and defend our freedom when needed. Any argument that allows for the Feds to have undo powers on lands just because they did an unconstitutional grab for them is not really a defensible stance.
I do not think that violence is going to be the answer, but I think that we must educate Americans, because our politicians can't, they would not have power if they allowed it!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread