Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How many is a few too many? I believe NyQuil is the perfect mixer with Southern Comfort. (Disclaimer: I don't do any illegal drugs or drink hard liquor, not now in my golden years. Seriously, knowin how I am normally, would y'all want me to show up here under the influence of anything?)

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp said:
HI TH: first one 'must' read the "labels" of their meds before slurping. Booze and certain meds do not mix. = RIP !

Don Jose de La Mancha

:-X I don't drink, and I would never drink with my pain meds! What I meant is does taking a painpill and strong muscle relaxer count? Only one here who drinks is Chug. :wink: And he never takes any of my pills! Believe me, with my meds, we do read the labels, everytime we get re refill or new one, we always read the info on it! :wink: Red

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Like the country Song says " Smoke a little Smoke Drink a Little Drink!!!" HH Chug

Eric Church

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did it once, but the screen was waaaaay too blurrrrrrry and I couldn't remember how or what I was trying to type. :dontknow:

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
This actually reminds me of a time when I was on another forum that catered to R.V. people (retired people mostly). I started a thread about, "After you settle down into your camp site, do you partake in the spirits? There were a few admins that chimed in with "I don't drink and I hate it". We'll the post actually became very popular very quickly... Everyone loved talking about their favorites and the times they shared with others (rather than talking about organics in the black tank). And shortly after that, I was banned from that forum. I guess the admin(s) felt I shouldn't be there. I love RV'ing and talking to people that do.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mikeofaustin said:
This actually reminds me of a time when I was on another forum that catered to R.V. people (retired people mostly). I started a thread about, "After you settle down into your camp site, do you partake in the spirits? There were a few admins that chimed in with "I don't drink and I hate it". We'll the post actually became very popular very quickly... Everyone loved talking about their favorites and the times they shared with others (rather than talking about organics in the black tank). And shortly after that, I was banned from that forum. I guess the admin(s) felt I shouldn't be there. I love RV'ing and talking to people that do.

Never owned an RV, but I have camped all over this country, especially love the west, camped in a tent, van and on occasion a popup camper....Love it, had great times and experiences, many of which I probably can't post about here with out getting into trouble.... ;D

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
often times its old folks that have the "best pain meds" -- the powerful butt kicking pain meds * after working hard all their lives , and finally being able to retire or being forced to medically retire due to the beating their bodies took while working -- doctors often take pity upon them and give them the "good meds" to help deal with their daily non stop aches and pains -- powerful stuff you would never be able to use while being a "working stiff" due to drug testing at work . (sadly these drugs are often quite habit forming)

of course you should never mix such powerful meds with booze --since your body will process the booze first --rerunning the pain meds thru your system again while your body is buzy "processing" the booze -- ir in effect is like taking a 2nd or even 3rd smaller dose of the pain med again (depending up how much booze was drank and needed to be processed)-- which can lead to a OD occuring .

alcohol in its self is a dang good pain killer as well --no doctors script needed either.

my elderly grandpa smoked "rabbit tobaccy" as he called it -- (pot ) to ease the pains in his badly arthitic hands and keep up his hunger -- heck the first time I ever bought pot as a 14 year kid was to supply him with it , he gave me the money and ask me to get him some.

pain med or booze --pick one --never co mingle em.

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ivan salis said:
often times its old folks that have the "best pain meds" -- the powerful butt kicking pain meds * after working hard all their lives , and finally being able to retire or being forced to medically retire due to the beating their bodies took while working -- doctors often take pity upon them and give them the "good meds" to help deal with their daily non stop aches and pains -- powerful stuff you would never be able to use while being a "working stiff" due to drug testing at work . (sadly these drugs are often quite habit forming)

of course you should never mix such powerful meds with booze --since your body will process the booze first --rerunning the pain meds thru your system again while your body is buzy "processing" the booze -- ir in effect is like taking a 2nd or even 3rd smaller dose of the pain med again (depending up how much booze was drank and needed to be processed)-- which can lead to a OD occuring .

alcohol in its self is a dang good pain killer as well --no doctors script needed either.

my elderly grandpa smoked "rabbit tobaccy" as he called it -- (pot ) to ease the pains in his badly arthitic hands and keep up his hunger -- heck the first time I ever bought pot as a 14 year kid was to supply him with it , he gave me the money and ask me to get him some.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Drugs?

Hmmmm....
Everything that you eat, drink, smoke and breath have drugs of one form or another....
It all breaks down to "molecular make-ups."

Some "drugs" can save lives; some are used for recreation. Ain't science great? :icon_scratch:

Personally, I do drink a beer or two now and again, but I do not use, nor advocate the use of illegal drugs for "recreation." Guess I'm from the "old school."

Also, do not take prescription medication and drink alcohol! :nono:

Best,
Scott

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok I may have a few before I post but I didn't really think Pepsi would have that big of a effect on my thinking. Sorry I will try and be more careful... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;DMatt

artzstuff1

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2008
Wayne Co. IL. "POND CREEK"
Detector(s) used
Tesoro's (many- 7-8)
Here I am after a long nights posting!!! :laughing9: :laughing9:

Attachments

• gone kooky.jpg
    gone kooky.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 197

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ummmmm....WHAT?!

Why is everyone lookin' at me?!

Oh, you want an answer? I got no answer....

Best,
Scott

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
savant365 said:
diggummup said:
My parole officer said i'm not allowed to drink alcohol. :icon_scratch: :dontknow: :laughing7:

Mine too but he ain't allowed in my house :laughing7:

Alcohol? :icon_scratch:
Whew! I thought y'all wuz talkin' 'bout likker....
Down here in the south, "alcohol" is what ya put in a car's gas tank to "run likker."

Best,
Scott

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
ivan salis said:

While I've been someone to smoke (rabbit grass) in high school and some in college, I'm actually against it now. It gives me anxiety. Plus, I generally feel a lot more lost, and creating 'art' from what is later seen as 'quite silly'. But regarding other medical prescribed drugs, I'm actually against them too... My belief is that the human body has it's own way of coping with problems... and, if you're putting something in your body to make it awkward, you should NOT go and get a prescription to counter that effect. Aspartame for example... this chemical is listed as GRAS by the FDA (Generally Regarded As Safe). I actually went through a spell where I ingested a LOT more than the normal dosage, and it created problems in my brain (about a liter of diet soda a day). I did my own study into my problem, and found that, since cutting this chemical out of my diet, completely stopped my problems. But, I 'could' have went to the doctors and have him prescribe an anti anxiety drug... (zoloft, etc). But, that was the band-aid that did not cure the problem). I needed to fix the problem of ingesting this stuff.

Now, I will never forget the uncounted personalities in the rock that was trying to talk to me, when I picked that rock up a LONG time ago (true story)... but I will still remember those as good times. After all... I actually believe that people that went through those times as experiences, would make much better politicians.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread