Woke up to a big black dog in my back yard... No explanation...

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
My dogs are going crazy one morning and then I see a big black dog in my fenced in back yard. Looks like a mix of black lab and boxer. Cute dog but very scared and frightened about what's going on. I open the gate and let her free. My thought was that someone thought is was my dog and put her back in. Three hours later, she's right back in my back yard. What?!!! I ask a neighbor working on his lawn (putting sod down). He tells me it's the neighbors dog right behind me. what I find is a perfect looking fence between us, but a panel, if you pull on it, has been pushed open to where this dog can get into my back yard, but only a one way (no returning) valve, if you will. I let her out again and place a weight on that panel. A few hours later, I see the room mate of that house owner dragging the dog with a lease back to the back yard. The dog looked sad to go back, but I can't read it's mind (really sad because I love dogs). This dog has now broken a picket in the fence so he/she can poke her nose in and visit with my dogs. I think I'll keep it that way because this dog gets absolutely no attention at all. She sits in this back yard for months with out any attention at all. Today, I went and sat by this broken picket and visited with her, with my dogs. I'm sure she really appreciated the attention.
Please, if you ever own a dog, don't avoid your dog. They need attention too.

I'll take a photo tomorrow and add it here.

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Hello, Mike it looks like your heart is in the right place and I understand how how you would feel cause I
have always loved dogs, too. I had a Black Lab for 14 years and although she has been gone for 2 years
I still miss her. :thumbsup:

Ray

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ahh Mike, your a good man, gentle soul to realize this poor pups needs.. I am so happy your tuned into dogs.. and I betcha that dog will love ya.. maybe down the road if he gets along with your dogs, maybe if ya ask, hey, if your dont want your dog, I will gladly take him... might work.. every living creature needs love.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread