STRANGE ENCOUNTERS - Demons? Angels? Spooks?

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
I like to kid around a lot on all the forums I'm a part of but this thread is serious.

This topic comes up from time to time under various titles. It usually does quite well for a few weeks and then just dies. Some never even get off the ground and have few posts.

Well, we'll see what happens this time.

Have you ever had a very strange thing happen in your life that seemed almost supernatural? Maybe some dream that came true or some strange encounter that you'll never forget?

Here's one from me to start things going.

When I was a child of about 4 or 5 I got lost in the woods. The feeling of being lost is not fun. I cried out to God and suddenly a voice behind me asked: "are you lost?" He (it was a young good-looking man about 16-20ish as I recall) told me to follow him and when we got within eyesight of my destination he stopped and pointed to where I was to go. I started and looked back and he was gone. I know nobody will believe this but it really did happen. I see it like it happened yesterday. This account of my wandering off was shared by my parents many times during their lives. But I don't think they ever believed the part about the young man.

What's your true story?

Daedalus

Feb 2, 2011
Strafford , Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT / MineLab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think more than a few people have things like this happen to them over time , it is just that most will never say anything about it to anyone.
I know as I have a Brother who would never admit that he thought something paranormal happened .

As for myself I got a photo of a UFO above my home a few years back , it was very low and had many lights and was not an known aircraft of any that I have seen or flew over the years. No sound other than a deep low hum , that was almost a feeling .
I still have this photo and I have not shown it to hardly anyone . As most just laugh it off so they do not have to deal with something they cannot ID or control.

That is the only thing that I can remember that has happened out of the norm with me . Someday maybe I will find out what it was that I saw and took the photo of .

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't laugh off UFO stories. I know two of the most respected people in our community and they both saw a UFO up close where there was no mistaking it. They don't say much either. I've known them for a good amount of time and they don't lie or do drugs. One thing about it too was the man is retired from the Air Force and he knows what's out there.

Actually lots of people have seen them and most say nothing for the reason you mentioned. But I personally haven't ever seen one.

I think men mostly reject the strange and unusual out of fear. Denial is man's way of coping with the unexplainable.

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There was one time, many years ago, Chug had to take me to the emergency room, we were there for quite a few hours, and were heading home finally around 3 am or so, we had to drive about 40 miles back and forth, and on the way home, Chug said all of the sudden there was a small bright ball of light just outside the driver side window, seems he was falling asleep, and we feel to this day that was his guardian angel, watching over us and making sure we got home ok! :angel7: Red :thumbsup:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
:coffee2: :icon_thumleft: ;D :D HA! Come on over to "Psychics Thread"; MANY experiences shared, that are similar to your experiences folks; not ALL are... KOOKS! :icon_thumleft: :coffee2: :read2:

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Chug and Red said:
There was one time, many years ago, Chug had to take me to the emergency room, we were there for quite a few hours, and were heading home finally around 3 am or so, we had to drive about 40 miles back and forth, and on the way home, Chug said all of the sudden there was a small bright blue ball of light just outside the driver side window, seems he was falling asleep, and we feel to this day that was his guardian angel, watching over us and making sure we got home ok! :angel7: Red :thumbsup:

I forgot to mention that the ball of light stayed with us until we got home!!!!! :thumbsup: Red

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Some really strange happenings have actually been documented but kept away from the public.

Years ago a man caught a large trout while fishing off the north pier in Grand Haven, Michigan (there's a lot to this story but I'll make it much shorter). The full story is way beyond what anyone would believe so no sense even sharing it.

The trout he caught had horns similar to a deer's antlers (spike horn). The only picture of it I know about was taken with an old Polaroid camera by some tourist vacationing in Grand Haven (ca. 1971).

The fish was turned into the DNR via a friend. The friend's name was Russ Bligh(I don't know how he spelled his last name) who was at the time one of the senior COs for Grand Haven, MI. Russ gave the trout to the fish biologists and the report came back about 3 months later: "something must have hit the fish and caused the odd growth." In other words, they had no idea. This "odd growth" was two perfectly formed horns that stuck up about 3 inches on both sides of the head of the fish. They were deeply attracted within the fish (they grew there).

The fish was hastily buried before anyone could get it mounted or take pictures. We were never told where it was buried.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The trout was probably related to the jackalope, which is common on the southern plains but usually only seen in shops catering to the tourist trade. I've seen many UFO's, but can't say they were piloted by beings not of this world. Lived in one house that I will have to concede was probably haunted. Dreams were significant in my family and always discussed. Many times they seemed to be prophetic, at least in retrospect. I shared a specific dream I had once with a friend and later those things came to pass, and he wasn't real happy with me, so I don't talk about dreams with people outside the family anymore. Another strange thing, my people believed that each person has a special 'power' or area of expertise, where you might have some influence with nature. I can't tell you what mine is, but I can tell you I found out when I tried to influence nature on a lark and it had disasterous results, cause it really did seem to work way too good, and I never messed with it anymore. I did have an encounter with a demon once also. My ex-wife. If you wish to summon her, her name was Plaintiff.

rubytuesday

Mar 21, 2009
When I was about 9 or 10 years old I woke in the middle of the night to see two perfectly round brilliant orange lights about 12 inches across floating against the wall at the far end of my bed. I freaked out and tried rubbing my eyes. The lights were still there.
Next I tried putting my head under the rugs and just hoping they would be gone when I removed the rugs. Nope, still there just gently floating around, bumping into one another and I don't know why but I felt that somehow they were inter reacting with each other . Eventually I fell asleep and never had a repeat experience but haven't ever told told anyone else about this until now.
This was forty odd years ago, any explanations?
By the way, I didn't ever feel that the house was haunted either before or after this event.

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
RGINN said:
The trout was probably related to the jackalope, which is common on the southern plains but usually only seen in shops catering to the tourist trade.

:laughing7:

I knew someone would bring that up about the jackalope. When I was a kid I went to a barber shop and the old guy had one on his wall.

But in this case the story is true. These types of things seem to be for a minority group and not for the masses in general. I generally don't believe most "wild" stories I hear either so I'm no different. One almost has to experience something personally to really believe it.

So we share these stories always keeping that fact in mind.

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
rubytuesday said:
When I was about 9 or 10 years old I woke in the middle of the night to see two perfectly round brilliant orange lights about 12 inches across floating against the wall at the far end of my bed. I freaked out and tried rubbing my eyes. The lights were still there.
Next I tried putting my head under the rugs and just hoping they would be gone when I removed the rugs. Nope, still there just gently floating around, bumping into one another and I don't know why but I felt that somehow they were inter reacting with each other . Eventually I fell asleep and never had a repeat experience but haven't ever told told anyone else about this until now.
This was forty odd years ago, any explanations?
By the way, I didn't ever feel that the house was haunted either before or after this event.

Interesting story and I believe you. I'd say it had something to do with you personally and maybe that was more of a subconscious nature. I believe all these types of things serve a purpose.

Personally, I don't believe in disembodied spirits (ghosts, spooks, etc.). However I do believe in a spirit world but they were never humans. No, I don't buy the thinking that man is the highest lifeform in the universe.

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
I 'think' I posted about this before... but when I bought my house... a few months into it, I distincly heard a voice from upstairs say "Hey". I thought someone was upstairs and I found no-one. Now, late at night, ALL THE TIME, I hear music from upstairs. If I get up and look and start to look, it goes away. I told my GF about it and at first she didn't believe me, but after a few night of waking me up to, "Mike, the stereo is on", or "Mike, what's that music".... She's a firm believer too. Today, I still hear it and just ignore it. She does (did) too.

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
mikeofaustin said:
I 'think' I posted about this before... but when I bought my house... a few months into it, I distincly heard a voice from upstairs say "Hey". I thought someone was upstairs and I found no-one. Now, late at night, ALL THE TIME, I hear music from upstairs. If I get up and look and start to look, it goes away. I told my GF about it and at first she didn't believe me, but after a few night of waking me up to, "Mike, the stereo is on", or "Mike, what's that music".... She's a firm believer too. Today, I still hear it and just ignore it. She does (did) too.

Good post. Thanks for being brave and sharing it.

I'll mention this one thing but maybe it has nothing to do with your experience. I offer it only as one explainable possibility.

Years ago I did lots of ice fishing. I had a typical fish shanty as we called them. In it I had a woodstove with a metal stovepipe. At times I'd hear music and open the shanty door only to see nothing. The music would get so loud in the shanty it was almost overbearing. I finally found out that my metal stove was working like a radio and picking up parts of a nearby AM station's signal.

It was an electronics technician who told me this was possible. My stove became like a giant crystal radio. You might have something like that going on. Do you have metal rain gutters? It could be caused by lots of things.

vetteguy96

Mar 11, 2011
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
I spent most of my life involved in Parapsychology in one way or another, all because of some childhood experiences. I'll just say that my Father died in 1966....Last time I saw him was 1970...I'll leave it at that, except to continue that this sparked a lifetime of research and experiences that most scoff at, so I am always reluctant to tell a lot.

...My wife hates it when I hand her the phone and tell her it's for her, and THEN it rings.

I CAN tell you that if you ever watch "Ghost Adventures" or "Ghost Hunters Int'l" on tv..... I have been to a lot of those places.......... ;D

vetteguy96

Mar 11, 2011
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
mikeofaustin said:

This may sound silly, but WHO does most of the house cleaning, specifically Vacuuming? Whomever does it, do they/you ever experience an overwhelming sense of someone "Breathing down your neck" while you are vacuuming? And by that, I mean a presence that seems VERY anxious and is NOTICEABLY behind you, and/or you will keep spotting something/somebody out of the corner of your eye?

Does this cause "Chicken Skin"? or the hair standing up on your neck or arms?

If yes to some or all of these questions, you might have a haunting.

If NOT you may have what is called an "Imprint" which is like a "recording" of persons or events that happened, but no conscious entity is actually there. These usually happen in a specific pattern like at a certain time or place or during certain seasons or weather events.

I'd like to hear more....let me know if any of what I related makes any sense.

Dan.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry about mentioning the jackalope. I can't discredit the fish story. It could be some sort of a calcium or other mineral build up, so I could see that happenin. I know if I caught it, I would have been down on main street showin it off. I try to never dismiss strange stories out of hand, because many times there is an explanation behind them. And sometimes it is an explanation we find very hard to believe, but it is what it is.

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
vetteguy96 said:
I spent most of my life involved in Parapsychology in one way or another, all because of some childhood experiences. I'll just say that my Father died in 1966....Last time I saw him was 1970...I'll leave it at that, except to continue that this sparked a lifetime of research and experiences that most scoff at, so I am always reluctant to tell a lot.

...My wife hates it when I hand her the phone and tell her it's for her, and THEN it rings.

I CAN tell you that if you ever watch "Ghost Adventures" or "Ghost Hunters Int'l" on tv..... I have been to a lot of those places.......... ;D

Thanks for sharing. I rarely talk about my experiences. I've had many I wouldn't mention here or anywhere. And I've never been high or drunk when I had those experiences.

We all have opinions about what we've experienced. My opinion is we're surrounded by an unseen world of superior creatures who are much older and powerful. I believe they can materialize and masquerade as departed humans if they want to. I also believe they can fake space ships. When seen they look to be 100% real to the human eye.

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
RGINN said:
Sorry about mentioning the jackalope. I can't discredit the fish story. It could be some sort of a calcium or other mineral build up, so I could see that happenin. I know if I caught it, I would have been down on main street showin it off. I try to never dismiss strange stories out of hand, because many times there is an explanation behind them. And sometimes it is an explanation we find very hard to believe, but it is what it is.

Hey, no problem. If someone told me that story I probably wouldn't buy it for a second. It's only places like this I'll even tell the story (part of it anyway).

My family also knows the story is true but they won't say a peep about it. They all have good jobs and they'd like to keep them. :laughing7:

I think many super strange experiences probably are due to some sort of temporary physical hallucination. This type of thing is common in children during those early developmental years and adults who are suffering from illness or high stress situation..

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Several years ago when my son was in The BoyScouts,we were all camping out in the woods,the parents were up talking about different things ,while the kids were sleeping.One dad had told us that he saw several ghosts when we camped out on a WW2 aircraft carrier,he stayed up to do the overnight watch and the caretaker of the ship was taking him an another dad around the ship when right in front of them several ghosts walked right pass them and Thur the walls.He said that they just froze when the ghosts walked by them.Just about that time this one dad had told us about the time that he had seen angles.Of course we all wanted to here his story and this guy had a great story telling voice. He told us that when he was about 5 years old, his family was travelling by a small Lear jet,flying from Florida to Texas and some where along the way the plane got struck by lightning and started down towards the ground,he said it was falling at high rate of speed and his mother had thought that they were all gonna die,he told us that right before they hit the ground there was a bright light inside the plane and then a really loud bang.
He said he thinks that he was out for about a minute or 2,when he felt a breeze touch his arm and then his face,he said when he opened his eyes everyone on the plane was dead except for him,but that he was in his mothers arms and she had shield him from any danger.We all sat there with tears in our eyes and we started asking him what made the breeze on his face and arms,and he tells us,that when he opened his eyes he sees several angles taking away the pilots,his older brother and his mom and dad,he said he got up out of the plane and was screaming at the top of his lungs,take me!,take me!
He tells us that the one that had his mother in his arms lets her goes and talks to him and she tells him that it's not his time yet and that some day they'll all be together again,He said he wakes up in the plane a few minutes later,when he feels another breeze on his arms ,but this time it's a farmer who sees the plane go down and he tells him that he can't believe that anybody could be alive. Well after he tells us this were all in tears and I personal can't sleep and stay up the whole night.

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Interesting story, Produce Guy.

I do believe in angels who watch over us. They are a part of that unseen spirit world I wrote of earlier.

Setting all that aside, I wonder how in the world someone could believe that man is the only intelligent creature to ever inhabit the universe? The evolutionary explanation is whacked and the top people in it's propagation know this but they stay with it because it's the best anti-Bible theory they have going right now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread