CDs or Digital MP3? Which have better sound quality and be worth buying?

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
CD's or Digital MP3? Which have better sound quality and be worth buying?

Here's the deal, radio stations these day's keep playing the same songs over rand over again. I want to be able to listen to a more variety of songs. I have been listening to 99.9 KISW here in Seattle my whole life, but I figure I need to branch out and see what else Rock and Roll has to offer. Not the lame Rock and Roll, the hardcore and awesome rock and roll. Which would be a better investiment in terms of sound quality? A CD or a Digital MP3? Both are different costs.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: CD's or Digital MP3? Which have better sound quality and be worth buying?

Vinyl still offers the best sound quality :headbang: The cost of vinyl is much higher now too, unless you still have a good record collection

OP
OP
Detectingfreak

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark

spartacus53 said:
Vinyl still offers the best sound quality :headbang: The cost of vinyl is much higher now too, unless you still have a good record collection

I am not sure many bands of my generation make records. I am 21, and have never even heard the sound a record makes. Unless its on TV. I don't even think that's legitimate source.

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Detectingfreak said:
Here's the deal, radio stations these day's keep playing the same songs over rand over again. I want to be able to listen to a more variety of songs. I have been listening to 99.9 KISW here in Seattle my whole life, but I figure I need to branch out and see what else Rock and Roll has to offer. Not the lame Rock and Roll, the hardcore and awesome rock and roll. Which would be a better investiment in terms of sound quality? A CD or a Digital MP3? Both are different costs.

Boy, that radio station brings back memories! Used to listen to that, KJR, and a few others! I love my MP3, I can do any music I want, whenever I want it!!!!! :headbang: Red :headbang:

dpitt8

May 2, 2008
wa

Detectingfreak said:

the thing with digital MP3 is those can come in different qualities itself....but if you go with CDs at least you got half price books to go to :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread